FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

crown royal leaving nascar

<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:25 pm

crown royal leaving nascar

Crown Royal to end sponsorship of the #17 team: Official Statement from Crown Royal: In evaluation of our NASCAR programming and after much consideration, we have made the decision to make a strategic shift to focus our resources against our annual Crown Royal "Your Name Here" program which awards race naming rights to an adult fan. The Your Name Here program has provided NASCAR fans with an experience that is unrivaled in sports and in recent years has shed light on some of the remarkable military servicemen and servicewomen who proudly serve our country. We look forward to elevating this program as well as continuing our presence in the sport through an experience that our fans have grown to love. The specific details regarding how we will honor these heroes at next year's entitlement will be announced at a later date.
Crown Royal was going to leave the sport a few years back when Jamie McMurry was the driver, they were disappointed in his lack luster performances.
In shifting our strategy, we will end our sponsorships with Roush Fenway Racing and NASCAR upon the conclusion of the 2011 season. We have developed strong relationships with the people at both organizations - they have not only been fantastic business partners, but have also become our friends. We thank them for working with us throughout the years to showcase the importance of our social responsibility initiatives. We look forward to a strong finish to the 2011 season and like the many fans we've gained along the way, we'll never stop rooting for the #17 car on its way to Victory Lane.(Crown Royal PR)(6-28-2011)

hahaha i like how they point out the " lack luster career of jamie mac.........
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:36 pm

Re: crown royal leaving nascar

I read that story on another website. I guess sponsorship is going to be tough to get and to hold on to for some time to come. Some of these teams are really going to be struggling. I'm sorry for the #17 team and the sport in general, to see them go. :(
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

duffygoofy

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:47 pm

I was just reading about that to on another site.Wow Silly Season Is Here.
ImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:45 pm

Well.............. I guess my brand new Crown Royal Racing jacket just increased in value ? :o
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:50 pm

if he wins a championship, yea
<<

jamo14

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:07 pm

great, now I'm thirsty :x
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

Return to NASCAR & Racing