FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony would be interested in Vickers if he brings $

<<

cslonewolf

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:39 pm

Re: Tony would be interested in Vickers if he brings $

I could see that, I like Vickers. I've had the opertunity to chat w/ him and he seems like a really nice guy. I wouldn't object to him being the third car in SHR. However givin the current status of SHR (both teams are struggling week after week, both are barely clinging to a chase spot, and niether team has won a race) I don't believe there should be a third car added to the team till these issues are taken care of. Both Tony and Ryan need to be solid week after week, contending for or getting wins every week, and should be in top 5 in points before a third team should be even thought about. What good is it to have three underperforming teams in one stable?
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:45 pm

cslonewolf wrote:I could see that, I like Vickers. I've had the opertunity to chat w/ him and he seems like a really nice guy. I wouldn't object to him being the third car in SHR. However givin the current status of SHR (both teams are struggling week after week, both are barely clinging to a chase spot, and niether team has won a race) I don't believe there should be a third car added to the team till these issues are taken care of. Both Tony and Ryan need to be solid week after week, contending for or getting wins every week, and should be in top 5 in points before a third team should be even thought about. What good is it to have three underperforming teams in one stable?

What you said plus sponsorship, sponsorship, sponsorship! Just look at the poor #17 team. First DeWalt leaves them, now, Crown Royal. Maybe it's like the chicken & the egg... what comes first, is it good performance attracts sponsorship, or does a solid sponsor bring good performance on the track?
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:22 pm

The IRL doesn't allow blocking and will penalize drivers for it.Whether or not Vickers was actually blocking Tony only these two really know.Lagano played that game with Harvick last year and Harvick spun him out,Pocono i believe [the fire suit comment that followed].Personally,"if" i have a better car than you and you continually block me i'm gonna give you a warning once or twice.The third time you're gonna get spun out first chance i get that it won't collect someone else.That's the way i use to race on Dirt and i don't have a freakin problem with anyone doing the same.SOOO,if in "fact" Vickers was blocking ok,the one thing for sure is Kyle tried to block Tony on a superspeed way and actually Kyle took himself out trying to attempt just that.Don't care where it is,wanna play games then you get what you asked for.The worst times are when you have a car good enough to win but some jack@ss is blocking you so you can't get to the lead cars.Frustrating for sure and patience grows thin as the laps begin to wind down.
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:32 pm

wolfgang wrote:The IRL doesn't allow blocking and will penalize drivers for it.Whether or not Vickers was actually blocking Tony only these two really know.Lagano played that game with Harvick last year and Harvick spun him out,Pocono i believe [the fire suit comment that followed].Personally,"if" i have a better car than you and you continually block me i'm gonna give you a warning once or twice.The third time you're gonna get spun out first chance i get that it won't collect someone else.That's the way i use to race on Dirt and i don't have a freakin problem with anyone doing the same.SOOO,if in "fact" Vickers was blocking ok,the one thing for sure is Kyle tried to block Tony on a superspeed way and actually Kyle took himself out trying to attempt just that.Don't care where it is,wanna play games then you get what you asked for.The worst times are when you have a car good enough to win but some jack@ss is blocking you so you can't get to the lead cars.Frustrating for sure and patience grows thin as the laps begin to wind down.

well 1st off, Logano was passing Harvick, not blocking. 2nd Vickers wasnt blocking (atleast when he was wrecked he wasnt) Tony is just frustrated & it shows in his driving. If the roles were reversed, Tony & his fans would go ballistic.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:07 pm

oops,you're right about Logano and Harvick,wrong race. :lol: My point of view stays the same far as blocking,Tony had the favor returned regardless whether Brian was blocking or not and i'm fine with it.The loose cannon in the race was of course once again Juan Montoya who thinks he's above everyone else.The Robby Gordon and Logano deal i didn't see,but i'll admit that i never cared for Logano so i didn't care what he had to say.The Pocono deal with Harvick and Logano was a matter of aggression on both sides,but Harvick got tired of the overaggression on Joeys part before the pass.Logano is one of the most over rated drivers in the garage,while Clint Bowyer is the most under rated.That's my opinion and i'm sticking to it. :mrgreen:
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:58 pm

well I agree that Logano is overrated. Also agree Bowyer is the most underrated. I always dismiss Bowyer & he has done nothing but perform as a top team. Also I cant understand why more drivers arent dumping JPM. He is the biggest bonehead in Cup right now, & no one does anything about him (except Ryan Allegedly :mrgreen: )
ImageImageImage
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing