FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NYS PASSES GAY MARRIAGE

<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:25 pm

NYS PASSES GAY MARRIAGE

Just when yah think Ny can't get any worse,gays are now allowed to get married and good luck trying to find a minister or priest to marry yahs! They media used an eldery lady to help sway this into effect on local tv commercials and it passed Friday.The majority doesn't freakin matter,so why vote is my freakin question as it still passed,so how could this be? When i was a kid they were in the closet,who the #### let em out? What does a child say,this is my dad and his WTF or mom and :?: This country is going to #### in a hand basket and they wonder why kids today are so screwed up!
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

duffygoofy

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:14 pm

Re: NYS PASSES GAY MARRIAGE

i
Last edited by duffygoofy on Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:16 pm

Last edited by ndunn on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:40 pm

SIMPLY SICK
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:20 am

to each their own, if they arent bothering anyone and wanna get married, that up to them, last i checked this is america, FREEDOM..................
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:09 am

I don't agree with it, but I'm not going to condemn folks who do. Not my place to judge anyone.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

austin024

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:45 am

I am gonna say this, gay is not the way

I am who I am, If you dont like me. You Can kiss my ####
<<

cslonewolf

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:59 am

At the risk of beeing bashed....... I feel that gays have every right to be married. Who are we to say that just because you both have the same plumbing you can't love each other.

You have all these rich celebs getting married and divorced like it's a hobby, yet we condemn the gays for wanting to marry someone they are truely in love w/. I for one think it is great that N.Y. passed the law, and I think all 50 states should as well. In fact I don't feel there should have been a law against it to begin w/. This is the The United States of America, Home of the Brave, LAND OF THE FREE (Unless your gay then you have no rights?) We have come a looooooong way in this country, but we have a loooooong way to go.

I am in no way gay, but lets face it peoples lets say the shoe was on the other foot and and being gay was the norm and it was considered odd/ sick for a man to marry a woman. Would we want the gays telling us we could not marry the man/ woman that we loved? Think about it people put yourselves in their shoes

OK I'M done........ LET THE BASHING BEGIN LOL
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

cslonewolf

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:20 am

OH ONE MORE THING....... The kids today are messed up, but they are not messed up because of gays. Kids today are messed up because of a complete and total lack of dicipline. These kids are getting away w/ murder. Their parents are too affraid to punish their kids for anything, for fear their child could be taken away because of abuse, or because these kids just have such bad attitudes you hafta worry about them beating you up if you try to punish them.
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

longtimetonyfan

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:05 pm

Hummm, I told myself to just stay away from this one, but alas, being so opinionated as I am....I just couldn't.
While I am strictly a heterosexual, I do have friends that are gay. I figure that's their business. I don't think a person's sexual preference denotes their character as a person. I like to think I judge people's character on more important traits. As it was previously stated, this is a free country. I also have to agree with Wolf on the fact that legalizing gay marriage has nothing to do with the values of today's youth. There are major discipline problems, and a good deal of that boils down to the fact that parents expect the school system, babysitters, and everyone else to raise their children. While women's lib did great things for women's right's, it also put more women in the work force. Today both men and women are so involved in their careers that their children suffer due to lack of quality time spent together teaching them respect and good values.
That said......I'm not really sure that I'm all for the gay marriage though. I wish there could be something different for "same sex couples" that is a union of sorts without actually referring it to marriage. That coming from the insurance, social security, and benefits issues that have been a main case against gay marriage from the beginning. I suspect that the passing of the law in NY will cost $$$$ for all of us in the long run. It's not like our country's budget isn't already in the red.....imagine the addition of so many new spouses eligible for benefits. Break out the wallets people....cause we're all gonna pay in the long run!
remember to enjoy life.....none of us are going to get out alive anyway
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:22 pm

this whole gay marriage thing has never bothered me, i grew up in a semi large city and have been exposed to many different cultures and ways of living, my aunt was also a life long lesbian and had the same partner from the mid 60's up until her death in 02, i dont believe a persons sexual preference should up for debate or judgment, but i understand and respect those who are against the whole marriage thing,
here is a pic of the empire state building the nite the bill passed, it is the 5th state to pass such a bill.

<<

justlisa

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:11 pm

I told my self to stay away also Lt but here I am.
This is a free country to each their own. I will say I have friends who are gay and if any one thinks for one moment its not a struggle to "come out" and still be ridiculed by society you are a fool. Whos place is it for any one to judge what is acceptable. As a Catholic this has been a subject I feel strongly about as the church does not approve. I do have cousins who are gay and it has made for many not to speak for years over this. I believe you are who you are inside. You should not be judged on your sexuality . As far as kids today mine a very respectful and have many responsibilities. It prepares them for life to be able to care for themselves. My son who is 18 just bought himself a 7,000 car he worked and saved for it. I have helped him with his cell phone bill but thats about it. If you raise responsible children they grow into responsible adults. Cs I totally agree with you. Many today do not put enough in to make a marriage work. Its work all the time. You have to decide if you can put that in with all of the things that happen in your life. I believe in the sanctity of marriage, as i do of family. Its very old fashioned today and marriage its taken to lightly I feel. This is jmo. There are things that cant be fixed in a marriage, the biggest is trust and betrayal of that trust. ~gets off soap box~ These are jmo I do not mean to offend anyone with them. Thank you the management......
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:17 pm

This stuff doesn't phase me in the least....Whatever makes ya happy, GO FOR IT!! I've got friends that are gay, and grew up and went to school with gay folks male / female. ####, I figure their business is just that, THEIR BUSINESS. And just like religion, as long as you don't try to make YOUR beliefs MY beliefs and treat me with the same respect you expect..... we'll get along just fine. 8-) 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Since i do see where you are all coming from,i will go with the most important thing here,IT'S THEIR BUSSINESS,so why make it ours and why should i spend my tax dollars to pass this law when there are so many other things far more important than this? NY stands to make money in the long run as the truth came out yesterday,so it's all about the money.
My step son came home with a friend with a little sugar in his gas tank,ok alot of sugar.Since i didn't want to make either of them uncomfortable,i acted as all was normal,but i seriously couldn't stand the guy,he was a flamer! My grandmothers funeral,i found out near fourty years after the fact,my mothers sisters son is gay and aside being with his male friend you'd never know and that's the way i prefer.My cousin is cool to hang out with,thou i see him rarely cuz he lives out of state,his brother is my age and straight and we pretty much were the same growing up,but i always knew his brother was differant,i just didn't know how till a few years ago.My aunt says he was born that way,my line of thinking-whatever,but i wasn't going to tell my aunt that.What i do feel bad about is most the family from either side no longer has anything to do with him that's the sad part.
We take religion out of schools,we aren't allowed to kick our kids in the #### when needed,yet they discuss sexual preferances in the schools.WTF is wrong with this picture? Live and let live is fine by me,the gay parades or special attention to these people or running around trying to convince everyone on the planet it's ok to be gay,these are the ones i have no use for! They pushed their issues,so i guess i'm just pushing back! What next,i'm really afraid to ask,affirmative action was a real swell idea too now wasn't it?
Last edited by wolfgang on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:10 pm

well they claim (drs and shrinks ) you are born gay, not a option, i dont think there is right or wrong in this issue, but this is why our country is special, cuz we can make choices that other countries only wish they could......
Next

Return to The Lobby