FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony would be interested in Vickers if he brings $

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Tony would be interested in Vickers if he brings $

This is what Tony said about it

"Absolutely," Stewart said of his interest in hiring Vickers. "I think the world of Brian. To go through what he's been through [blood clots and related medical problems] in the past year and come back the way he has, he hasn't missed a beat. There's no doubt he's a driver that can win races, he's proven that."
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... z1Q2FRyrc5

That is interesting. I am netural on Vickers but he seems like a decent guy and is a good driver. What do you guys think? Good addition to SHR or could he be what he was at HMS a "stepchild"
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

peanut1439

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Re: Tony would be interested in Vickers if he brings $

Whatever car Tony brings in for the 3rd car has to have a Sponsor already. ie Danica (Go Daddy) Not gonna happen for Vickers if he doesn't have the sponsor with him. JMO
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

Smoke_14

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:53 pm

Red Bull said that they would be interested in backing a driver with another team. Could have Red Bull come to SHR.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

peanut1439

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Smoke_14 wrote:Red Bull said that they would be interested in backing a driver with another team. Could have Red Bull come to SHR.

Everything I have read is that they are leaving Nascar period. I don't think they would sponsor a car for 1 season if they are really leaving. Make sense????
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:53 am

Red Bull being the owner, sponsor, ect... makes for a very expensive proposition without the proper management or drivers or whatever in place. I think they had their hands in too many places of the operation all at once.

I had read somewhere that they would consider staying as a sponsor and nothing else, this is the abbreviated version. If Tony and Brian were to agree to a contract and Red Bull was to agree with a contract, that would be great for all parties concerned. However, from one article I read Red Bull was not impressed with Brian's history of qualifying, finishes, ect... So the question becomes, would Red Bull consider sponsoring Brian if he was to sign a contract with SHR.

There is another possibility and that is UPS, their contract is up with Rousch this year and they have said they don't want to be on the #6 any longer. This could be a possibility.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:16 am

that would be a great match espically if red bull comes with it
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:52 pm

Vickers would make an interesting candidate for a third driver. Most of his fans get on my nerves (they're the same teenage girls I gripe about with Kahne, etc) so this place might become even more annoying than it already is but it would be cool if he came along.

Like Tony said, it's kind of late for that unless he can find a package that already has a driver and sponsor ready to go. Trying to find seperate ones and negotiating those deals is something that needs to be mostly taken care of in the spring.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:22 pm

if Vickers had red Bull follow him to the next team. Just about every team that isnt already a four car team would be interested in him (or should I say his sponsor) If that were the case I would guess JGR would land him. With TRD saying they wanted to continue ties with Red Bull, & JGR being toyota's & JGR being very aggressive at looking at FA's It seems to me if the Brian/Red Bull sponsor was true that is where he would end up. Honestly I think if SHR went to a 3rd team, then Newman should leave SHR. I just dont see adding a 3rd team helping his team or cause in any way. In fact it most likely would take away from his team which is already far from Championship caliber. The fact he even flirts with the top ten in points should speak volumes about his abilities & drive.

If Vickers were tied to sponsorship (kinda like Menard) he would have many options to go too. I dont see him choosing SHR over the higher end teams.
ImageImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:46 pm

I guess this one's out the window, huh?
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:50 pm

Yup, I don't picture Vickers with a future at SHR now, that is for darn sure.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:25 pm

why? tony dumped him on purpose first, it just shows you vickers wont take crap from anyone..............
<<

bray536

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:30 pm

I say we all boycott Red Bull. There is a reason Brian Vickers is mediocre at best. I hope SHR is Vickers only option next year, and he ends up out of a job.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:32 pm

so it is ok for tony to dump somone, but he is untoucable to be paid back?
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:33 pm

I think Tony is OK with Brian and I think Brian is OK with Tony. Tony did say in his interview that even if it was Ryan blocking him, he would dump Ryan. This incident is not like the Kyle/Kevin incident, IMO. I believe it's over and done.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:35 pm

michaeljohn wrote:so it is ok for tony to dump somone, but he is untouchable to be paid back?

I don't think Tony is untouchable. I don't blame Brian for paying him back. Others may have different opinions, I'm sure.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing