FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

finally getting back to the track! (WooHoo)

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:32 pm

finally getting back to the track! (WooHoo)

heading to Monroe with the 97s sprint car team this weekend. (about time) My buddies brother isnt racing this season (family things) so he has a new driver in the car, & I guess he is suppose to be pretty good. So their hopes of a top finish are pretty high. They tested the car out at South sound to get any bugs out of it, now on to the 5/8 mile track. Finallly I am getting back to the track after over a year off. (& they finally get to try out their new Engine) Wish us luck Image :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Re: finally getting back to the track! (WooHoo)

I love their saying in the car "#### yeah its fast Dumbass!" Image
ImageImageImage
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:55 pm

We all know you will do an awesome job Schmoop.....go fast fast fast!!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:41 pm

Don't envy you as part of the crew,but i do envy who ever gets to drive it.Sure you want to go back to work or is it still fun for you? Best of luck to you and the whole team,love sprint cars in any division,this is pretty awesome.#### yeah!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:51 pm

wolfgang wrote:Don't envy you as part of the crew,but i do envy who ever gets to drive it.Sure you want to go back to work or is it still fun for you? Best of luck to you and the whole team,love sprint cars in any division,this is pretty awesome.#### yeah!

bad day at the track is still better than the best day at work for me. If I could make a living at a track I would be there all the time. Dont know how you can get tired of it myself. I just love being at the track
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:10 pm

The actual race was always fine for me,the preperation,money and devoting all my time to be able to run up front was my burn out.The politics use to be what bothered me most years back,but i found as years went on,it comes back to you in your favor.The 358 mods were alot of fun for me,i tried a 360 sprint and it was all i could do to get it around the track the first time out.Will say after a few more times out,i felt as thou i should have done that all along.The sprint car is such a rush and even bigger thrill than a modified,i should have done that instead as it's also a #### of alot cheaper on tires i'm told.Won't deny i still get the itch,but i've been out of it so long and the money is another issue as i still owe on my house and have one kid left in the house.When all you have to do is drive i guess it's the way to go,but to me i always wanted to do it all and i guess that's what burned me out.
<<

SoDakotaJune39

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:16 am

Congrats Schmoopy!!
June in South Dakota

Go Rocketman! Go Smoke!
Go Stewart-Haas Racing!!
RNFC member

Return to NASCAR & Racing