FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Why NASCAR Drivers Enjoy Tony Stewart's Prelude To The Dream

<<

peanut1439

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:08 pm

Tony Stewart's annual charity dirt race at his Eldora Speedway, the Prelude to the Dream, is coming up on Wednesday – and it's grown to be one of the most memorable events of the racing season.

Stewart gets participation from almost all of the biggest names in NASCAR for the pay-per-view dirt race, and 2010 winner Jimmie Johnson provided some insight on Friday as to why exactly the drivers enjoy going so much.

Check out this quote from Johnson:

I think the earliest I've ever left is probably 2 or 3 in the morning after the race, just to go to the airplane and get home at sunrise. It's just from sitting around and shooting the breeze with the guys and talking racing and hanging out and spending time with these other drivers that you really don't ever get a chance to.

I joked with (Stewart) over the years that he needs to build like a little makeshift bar in the infield and make the winner of that night's (race) even buy beer for everybody and pizza and sit there and hang out, because pizza ends up showing up and beers coming out of the cooler and everybody sitting around talking.

Tony is usually on a four-wheeler driving around visiting with everybody. I just keep telling him, 'If you just pick a spot, let's all drag the coolers to one place and hang out or do something.' The guys that work the garage and drive these race cars could use that time to hang out.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:57 am

Re: Why NASCAR Drivers Enjoy Tony Stewart's Prelude To The D

looking forward to it hope Tony wins it
<<

azk8ster

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:34 am

I have yet to figure out how I'm going to be able to enjoy it, due to having to work (cough, cough, cough!)
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

peanut1439

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:45 am

I think JJ has a great idea, have a spot so the guys can shoot the breeze after the races. I never realized how much JJ wanted or needed to have these guys as friends. I bet it would be so much fun to sit and listen to them all relaxed and drinkin...lol
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

duffygoofy

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:07 pm

Be a bug on the wall peanut. :lol:
ImageImage

Return to Tony