FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BREAKING NEWS: Richard Childress Penalized By NASCAR

<<

peanut1439

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:51 pm

NASCAR Penalizes Richard Childress For Actions At Kansas Speedway
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (June 6, 2011) – NASCAR has fined owner Richard Childress $150,000 and placed him on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31 for violating Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing – involved in an altercation in the garage area) of the 2011 NASCAR rule book. The violation occurred following the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race June 4 at Kansas Speedway.

The probation includes all NASCAR-sanctioned events.

STATEMENT FROM NASCAR

The penalty we have announced today for Richard Childress reflects NASCAR’s response to the incident at Kansas Speedway on Saturday. We feel this action is appropriate and are confident all parties involved understand our position on this matter and will move forward appropriately.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:12 pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Richard Childress Penalized By NASCAR

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wonder if NASCAR reminded RC of all the cars Sr. took out on his way to all those championships??
Still diggin' what BUD MOORE said during his interview about Kyle being the next Sr. Shoot, someone hasta do it..... Jr. sure as #### can't...... JMO.... 8-) 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:36 pm

Wow! I think that's a pretty cheesy "sentence" with more holes in it than Swiss cheese!

And here I spend a lot of time, telling my nephew to NOT settle a problem with VIOLENCE ... if you do, you'll go to jail for assault. Jeepers, I hope he doesn't hear about this. What does RC have? A 'Get-Out-Of-Jail-For-Free" Card? Dang.... if every guilty person in Cali payed for their crimes, vs going to jail or prison, we'd be in great shape! I must get this story to Moonbeam..... LOL ( Jerry Brown )

Childress looks like a big fat fool to me, and even tho Kyle didn't respond in the fight, I give him tons of credit for that, alone.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:45 pm

smokieonefour wrote:Wow! I think that's a pretty cheesy "sentence" with more holes in it than Swiss cheese!

And here I spend a lot of time, telling my nephew to NOT settle a problem with VIOLENCE ... if you do, you'll go to jail for assault. Jeepers, I hope he doesn't hear about this. What does RC have? A 'Get-Out-Of-Jail-For-Free" Card? Dang.... if every guilty person in Cali payed for their crimes, vs going to jail or prison, we'd be in great shape! I must get this story to Moonbeam..... LOL ( Jerry Brown )

Childress looks like a big fat fool to me, and even tho Kyle didn't respond in the fight, I give him tons of credit for that, alone.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^yup^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
he woulda been charged with assaulting a Senior Citizen
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
color]
<<

peanut1439

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:32 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^yup^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
he woulda been charged with assaulting a Senior Citizen

Can you just imagine the Kyle Haters if he would have hit him back? OMG, Kyle would had to have body guards from the Dale Sr & Harvick Fans. But it's OK for a Senior Citizen to hit someone several times over a little dent in the door. RC should have sent Harvick ( with helmet on) to punch Kyle.....lol
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:29 pm

I'm as shocked as Hammond was in the penalty given Childress only we are miles apart in what happened and our views. I didn't know until yesterday how rich Childress was so the $150,000 is pocket change. I'm sure his accounting firm will find ways to write it off. I understand he doesn't want his race teams smashed up but the guy forgets what Earnhardt did. I remember Bristol and Terry Labonte and Earnhardts famous "it was a racing thing". But put that the other way around and he could complain as loud as anyone else and threaten them. Remember the word Intimidator? Didn't he put Jeff Gordon on the spot when he first came into NASCAR? I guess this just comes down to who has the big bucks. What is right doesn't matter as long as one has the money you can get away with most anything.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:23 pm

from all the reports childress ASKED kyle not to trash anymore cars like he did at darlington, he said if you have a problem with someone, talk to them, don tear up race cars, so it looks as if he approached kyle man to man, and kyle didnt choose to listen, got what he deserved, kyle is a LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:34 pm

michaeljohn wrote:from all the reports childress ASKED kyle not to trash anymore cars like he did at darlington, he said if you have a problem with someone, talk to them, don tear up race cars, so it looks as if he approached kyle man to man, and kyle didnt choose to listen, got what he deserved, kyle is a LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe that's RC's story but I'm not buying it. What the #### does he care bout torn up racecars anyway,
Dale Earnhardt Sr tore up more cars on purpose than KB ever will....you sound like a broken record.
color]
<<

longtimetonyfan

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:09 pm

Yeah, Kyle may be a jerk, but regardless, Richard Childress is certainly old enough and should be wise enough to know how to control himself better. He went into that garage with the intention of beating up on Kyle before a word was even said between them. Of course he got exactly what I expected.....basically a slap on the wrist. Means nothing to him, and opens the door for anyone to attack at any time. Course the consequences will depend on your last name! Sad in my opinion!
remember to enjoy life.....none of us are going to get out alive anyway
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:55 pm

The seven time champion,five time IROC champion,79 rookie of the year,80 Cup champion followed by six more championships with RCR,hello-WTF does Kyle fit into this i ask? Dale Earnhardt is gone and i'm so sick of hearing about Terry Labonte and Dale at Bristol,i didn't like it anymore than anyone else and i'm still a fan of both Terry and Dale,the only reason people keep bringing it up is because it's always on tv.Kyle is just a loose cannon with a child like mentallity,he has alot of talent and is with one of the top teams in Nascar,so why no championships? Richard warned Kyle,Kyle pushed the issue and hopefully Richard just turned him into a man! End of The Dam Story! SCHOOL IS OUT Screw Nascar,their fault it esculated this far,Gibbs can't control his driver than fine him! Sooner or later,everyone knows this was going to happen,just no one thought it would be a 65yr.old man and that's all this is about.$150,000 i would have got my moneys worth,Richard got screwed as far as i see it! Silverspoon crying SOB drivers today make me want to puke! Kyle should have been taken out behind the garage long time ago.
Last edited by wolfgang on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

peanut1439

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:40 am

Hey Wolf, feel better ? Just kidding, everyone is allowed an opinion and they are running 50/50 on this. How boring would this be if we didn't have Kyle to bash? LOL I am glad that Kyle didn't hit him back though. He would be even more hated than he is now. I like to watch Kyle race, he is a hellava driver. JMO
<<

justlisa

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:54 am

Here is my take on things..... When I first read what happened I did get a chuckle out of it. The more I thought about it, the more I knew if something like this was "let go" what would be next? I know many times I would like to slap someone upside the head, but I dont. IMO, I do not think he was punished enough. His monetary punishment was a drop in the bucket to him. He should of and this is jmo been suspended from the track for a couple races AT LEAST. I am not a big Kyle fan but what if he was injured? What if he could not drive Richard would have taken away his "livelihood", and that is wrong, its against the law last time I checked to assault someone. This was not a driver issue on the track, it was a OWNER issue with another driver/owner. Richard may have told him not to "wreck his cars again" but it still gave him in no way an open invitation to put his hands on Kyle. I have not heard Richard apologize to Kyle either and he should have been made too. I know we have "a boys have at it" attitude but is it for the drivers only? How much is to much? Where are the lines drawn? Does it include all the team members? Nascar needs to be more clear about this imo.
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:00 pm

This whole issue has me confused. My first problem is that I don't think race cars should be used as weapons or damaged intentionally. Second, it seems Nascar has put the teams in a box. If you hold your disagreements on pit road, you get punished. If you hold them in the garage, you get punished. It seems (IMO) you can get away with more on track than any place else. On track means damaging cars, unless they take Tony's suggestion and hold fist fights on the finish line. It is the small teams that will loose the most if the race cars are used as weapons.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:01 pm

peanut1439 wrote:Hey Wolf, feel better ? Just kidding, everyone is allowed an opinion and they are running 50/50 on this. How boring would this be if we didn't have Kyle to bash? LOL I am glad that Kyle didn't hit him back though. He would be even more hated than he is now. I like to watch Kyle race, he is a hellava driver. JMO
The only way i could feel better is if those who "think" they know Dale Earnhardt Snr.and followed his entire career,got a little more educated before they passed judgement :evil: Then far as Richard Childress goes,unless Nascar lifts the fine and just lets it go by as they have with Kyle the past few years-#### no i don't feel better! Who's bashing Kyle,yes he is a talented driver to a degree,he's also a freakin rodeo clown too. :mrgreen:
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:03 pm

NascarNanaOK wrote:This whole issue has me confused. My first problem is that I don't think race cars should be used as weapons or damaged intentionally. Second, it seems Nascar has put the teams in a box. If you hold your disagreements on pit road, you get punished. If you hold them in the garage, you get punished. It seems (IMO) you can get away with more on track than any place else. On track means damaging cars, unless they take Tony's suggestion and hold fist fights on the finish line. It is the small teams that will loose the most if the race cars are used as weapons.

Thank god someone sees the light. :D
Next

Return to The Lobby