FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Harsh Penalty To Richard Childress Would Send Wrong Message

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:30 am

Harsh Penalty To Richard Childress Would Send Wrong Message

Card-carrying members of the Kyle Busch Haters Club aside, most folks can probably admit that Richard Childress probably shouldn't have punched Kyle in the garage area after Saturday's Camping World Truck Series race. That being said, NASCAR should heavily consider the ramifications of stiffly penalizing the beloved team owner before passing sentence this week.

Keep reading: http://www.4ever3blog.com/2011/6/6/2208689/nascar-sprint-cup-richard-childress-kyle-busch-fight-suspension
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:59 am

Re: Harsh Penalty To Richard Childress Would Send Wrong Mess

The thing is, NASCAR has said to take care of your problems on the track which is what Kyle and Coulter (sp?) did. Then Childress got involved, if this is what Childress wants to do...let him get behind the wheel like all the other drivers and take on Kyle, but be warned...it won't be pretty and Kyle is an aggressive driver and is good at what he does.

Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of Kyle's, but facts are facts. He has taken on his own brother, he has taken on Hamlin, he has taken on Harvick, and several others. Sure, he has made his fair share of enemies, but he has just as many friends out there as well.

Childress should know better though, he is an owner, he should be setting the example. If he wants his drivers to go out and challenge Kyle and wreck him, then so be it...do it on the track, but he better be prepared for the fact that one of his teams could lose their own car and that of other teams as well and there will be reprecussions for that and there will be reprecussions from his own sponsors for this type of action as well. You also have to know that Kyle won't just let it go.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:00 am

nascar wants the drivers to "man up" however they want to pick the people to do it, they wanna play vince McMahon and have two flashy personalities go out, it doesnt look good if a older man takes a whipping to a kid, im glad you addressed the cost factor, i think some are forgetting it, that money is coming out of chilly's pocket where as gibbs is picking up the tab for kyle, except for the truck and i dont think there was any damage to the 18 truck.

i look at it like this, kyle is expected to win a truck race and when he couldnt i bet his ego was bruised, well too bad, he wants to set this image up as himself to be called rowdy and the wild thing, but he sure as #### dont back it up. this is suppose to be a sprint cup driver, but all he worries about is the truck and NW series, yes he wins a race here and there on sunday, but outside that he has run inconsistent all year, he is in 2 lesser series with driver who are not skilled to be in cup except for a 2 or 3 and people get caught up in what he does on fri and saturday, and not even acknowledging the fact the job he was hired to do he is so,so at it.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

peanut1439

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:58 am

I am so curious as to what Nascar is gonna do. Hopefully Today we'll find out.

NASCAR Statement Regarding Richard Childress and Kyle Busch Incident

"NASCAR has reviewed the incident involving Richard Childress and Kyle Busch after the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race Saturday at Kansas Speedway. We have met with all parties involved and have determined what happened yesterday is unacceptable and will not be tolerated by NASCAR.
Richard Childress’s actions were not appropriate and fell far short of the standard we expect of owners in this sport. We have met with Childress this morning and made our position very clear to him. Further, we expect he will make it clear to all in his organization to ensure this situation does not escalate any further. We will announce our actions regarding this incident Monday.

Kyle Busch remains on probation with NASCAR and we continue to watch his actions carefully. However, we have determined that Kyle’s involvement in this incident does not violate his probation and no further action is required."
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:10 am

I read the blog written about Childress and I disagree with the Good Ole boys BS. Richard knew the second he took that watch off he meant business and that Kyle if he had laid a finger on him would have been kicked out of NASCAR for life, fined and anything else plus Childress would have probably pressed charges. Don't give me the good ole boys routine when a visit to Joe Gibbs would have been proper. I did research on this yesterday and one article I read said Kyle got into a defensive place on the ground and when he went to get up he was put into choke hold and hit at least twice more. I'm not saying Kyle is an angel or anything of the kind but he was blind sided and knew what his future would be if he fought back. If NASCAR lets Childress off the hook then "have at it means anything goes". NASCAR has to make rules and be consistant otherwise the sport of racing is a laughing matter and filled with punks.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

peanut1439

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:18 am

I keep hearing from Tony haters that he should have been fined for hitting Kurt Busch. Well... That was driver to driver, NOT OWNER to driver and that's the big difference in my opinion. And again, I agree with ndunn's last post.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

peanut1439

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:08 pm

Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of Kyle's, but facts are facts. He has taken on his own brother, he has taken on Hamlin, he has taken on Harvick, and several others. Sure, he has made his fair share of enemies, but he has just as many friends out there as well.

He hasn't taken on Tony yet because Tony is his idol he said one time.
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:17 pm

FROM NASCAR:

NASCAR has fined owner Richard Childress $150,000 and placed him on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31 for violating Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing -- involved in an altercation in the garage area) of the 2011 NASCAR rule book. The violation occurred following the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race June 4 at Kansas Speedway.

The probation includes all NASCAR-sanctioned events.

"The penalty we have announced today for Richard Childress reflects NASCAR's response to the incident at Kansas Speedway on Saturday," a release from NASCAR said. "We feel this action is appropriate and are confident all parties involved understand our position on this matter and will move forward appropriately."

In a statement released Monday, Childress said, "First of all, I'm responsible for my actions, plain and simple. As you know, I am a very principled person and have a passion for what we do at Richard Childress Racing. I believe passionately in defending my race teams and my sponsor partners. In this instance, I let that passion and my emotions get the best of me. I accept the penalty NASCAR announced today and, as a company, we will now focus on this week's races at Pocono Raceway and Texas Motor Speedway."

Return to NASCAR & Racing