FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

favorite summer time memory as a kid

<<

austin024

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: favorite summer time memory as a kid

well seeing as i am a kid myself still, im still making memories lol but my favorite is when i would ride around my grandpas farm on an 86 Honda 70 cc 4 wheeler. Boy could i get around back then, never had any breaks but i could get around on it lol you gotta know how ride without breaks, guess im lucky cause of the racer in me lol

I am who I am, If you dont like me. You Can kiss my ####
<<

longtimetonyfan

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:47 pm

Ha, Ha......I lived so far out in the country that we didn't even have an ice cream truck that came by here. We made our own homemade ice cream using the old ice and rock salt technique, that you cranked and cranked to get real ice cream. It was scrumptious!
And tlmerk I only live about an hour from the Woodbridge/Dale City area, and I suspect you'd be disappointed, as it's more of a concrete jungle now full of malls and shopping centers. Compared to where I live Dale City is considered just that....."CITY". :lol:
remember to enjoy life.....none of us are going to get out alive anyway
<<

justlisa

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:40 pm

Wants home made ice cream !
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:32 pm

This has been a fun thread. Brought back alot of memories for me. We didn't have a Good Humor truck out in the sticks but my father would make ice cream once in awhile. We did have great ice cream places in town. Two of the best was the Parlor and the Dome. The Dome was shaped like a big glob of Ice cream and it's still being used at a high school in their athletics field selling whatever. The Parlor made ice cream so rich one never wanted to get down to the bottom of the cone. The Dome also was a meeting place for teens and everyone went there. It either was the start or the end of the "drag".
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:43 pm

my fav summertime drink was a coke slushy mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
<<

jamo14

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:08 am

workin'
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

anniecakes

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:45 am

Spending 2 weeks in Seaside Heights, NJ with the family-the ocean-the bay-the boardwalk-sawmill pizza, kohrs ice cream!!! then as an early teen seeing bon jovi play great adventure, seasides boardwalk, then when he first started to get big-see him open for .38 special at the meadowlands lol. as i got a little older the concerts turned from that to metallica, pantera, suicidal tendencies opening for queensryche, scorpions, etc.

at 16-wildwood nj with "the girls"

staying out of the house from morning until dark!! these days its hard to get the kids OUTSIDE-idk why--my son has a trampoline, NBA basketball hoop, go-kart, etc. he is outside for maybe an hour tops then gets bored comes in and watches tv or plays video games or you tube videos..i just dont get it!!!! we are going back up to NJ on vacation to see family we havent in 2 years-planning on taking them to seaside heights like we used to...bet he will enjoy staying outside then!!!

i miss summer as a kid-didnt have to worry about the finances so much or the gas prices--to young to care plus those probably werent as much as a concern then as it is now.

great thread by the way--the memories that are coming back are enjoyable!!! 8-)
~Ann~
<<

azk8ster

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:36 am

What a fun thread!

My favorite memories were just playing all day, perhaps going to the outdoor "Y" pool, it was HUGE! had two diving boards, a high dive, a couple of slides (simple slides, not like the waterparks of today), racing lanes, and the best concession stand in the world...

The summer highlight was a trip to Cedar Point, an incredible amusement park on Lake Erie. whenever i go back to Ohio i still go there, though my days of fitting on the awesome roller coasters are long gone....
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:43 am

longtimetonyfan wrote:Ha, Ha......I lived so far out in the country that we didn't even have an ice cream truck that came by here. We made our own homemade ice cream using the old ice and rock salt technique, that you cranked and cranked to get real ice cream. It was scrumptious!
And tlmerk I only live about an hour from the Woodbridge/Dale City area, and I suspect you'd be disappointed, as it's more of a concrete jungle now full of malls and shopping centers. Compared to where I live Dale City is considered just that....."CITY". :lol:

...we had one of those machines too, it's what "Granny" used to use to make her "i keem." Fresh peaches off the tree in the back yard. :D You could only eat about one scoop of it though 'cause it was sooo rich...it was about the consistency of a stick of butter :lol: but, uuummmmm was it good! :D
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:48 am

azk8ster wrote:What a fun thread!

My favorite memories were just playing all day, perhaps going to the outdoor "Y" pool, it was HUGE! had two diving boards, a high dive, a couple of slides (simple slides, not like the waterparks of today), racing lanes, and the best concession stand in the world...

The summer highlight was a trip to Cedar Point, an incredible amusement park on Lake Erie. whenever i go back to Ohio i still go there, though my days of fitting on the awesome roller coasters are long gone....

...I remember our pool/urinal up in Curtis Bay...the water level was higher at the end of the day than it was when it opened in the morning. :o :shock: :lol: .... :|
Image Image
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:53 am

michaeljohn wrote:my fav summertime drink was a coke slushy mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I remember the old mugs that you put in the freezer and made those with. They still sell'em...

...I used to put Suburban Almond Smash in'em...somethin' else they don't make anymore. :roll:
Image Image
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:10 pm

smoke14rulez wrote:

...I remember our pool/urinal up in Curtis Bay...the water level was higher at the end of the day than it was when it opened in the morning. :o :shock: :lol: .... :|

rulez, i dunno if i she be disgusted or laff at that this, who am i kidding, i was snickering........
<<

azk8ster

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:56 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
smoke14rulez wrote:

rulez, i dunno if i she be disgusted or laff at that this, who am i kidding, i was snickering........

i was laughing too, especially because my Mom still tells it that when she and Dad took us to the pool after dinner, it was so we wouldn't have to take baths!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

jamo14

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:55 pm

smokin' cigarettes

<<

jamo14

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:14 pm

robbin' the old man's liquor stash :twisted:

PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby