FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

GoDaddy eyes Danica Patrick move

<<

peanut1439

Post Tue May 31, 2011 11:54 am

Danica Patrick To Run NASCAR Full-time

Sources report Danica Patrick plans to run NASCAR full-time next seasonTags: Terry Blount
Danica Patrick To Run NASCAR Full-time
Don't Lift: The Indianapolis 500
An ensemble case of race car drivers explain why lifting off the throttle at the Indy 500 isn't just about letting off the gas.Tags: Indy 500, Indianapolis 500, Charlie Kimball, Don't Lift
INDIANAPOLIS -- Bob Parsons, CEO and founder of Danica Patrick sponsor GoDaddy.com, said Sunday he expects her to make the move full-time to NASCAR next season.

"She hasn't told me she will, but I believe she will and we'll be ready," Parsons said. "Here's the fact: She loves [NASCAR], it's much more exciting than IndyCar, with all due respect, and the TV audience for NASCAR is off the hook."

Parsons was at Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sunday to watch Patrick compete in the event. Patrick is working on a plan to race full-time in the Nationwide Series is 2012 and move to Sprint Cup in 2013, sources confirmed earlier this week.

"She came up to me right after she did her first NASCAR race [the 2010 Nationwide race at Daytona]," Parson said. "She said to me, 'I absolutely loved it. This is what I was born to do.' "

Parsons emphasized he is behind her whatever decision she makes.

"As long as I can stroke the check," he said. "I tell you what, she doesn't exactly work for minimum wage. I usually don't get into that too much until the decision's been made. But I've told her I would sponsor her if she started ice skating."

Parsons said a move to NASCAR full-time by Patrick would benefit GoDaddy.com.

"It would be good for us," he said. "The races she's in now in Nationwide, whether in front or in the back, it's still fantastic for us. I've had people tell me, 'I'm going to start watching NASCAR to see Danica.' She is the one person that America roots for. America loves her."

Parsons said GoDaddy.com's market share has tripled from $300 million to $1.1 billion in sales since his company started backing Patrick in 2005.

"And we've done a lot to help her become a household name,'' Parsons said. "They see her in our commercials and on the website. Over a million people come to our site every day.

"She's edgy like we are, and a little inappropriate like we are. But you notice whenever we do a commercial, she's always the hero. She's never the brunt of the joke. And her recognition is off the hook. She's perfect for GoDaddy."

Parsons was asked if he needs Patrick to make an announcement soon.

"It matters, but not in terms of whether I will sponsor her or not," he said. "She stuck by us and I'm definitely going to stick by her."

Along with Patrick's IndyCar ride at Andretti Autosport and her Nationwide car at JR Motorsports, GoDaddy also sponsors Mark Martin's Cup car at Hendrick Motorsports.

Martin is leaving after this season and Kasey Kahne is taking over in that car. Will GoDaddy sponsor Kahne in 2012?

"We're working on that," Parsons said. "I can tell you Mr. [Rick] Hendrick runs an awfully good team and he's been a great business partner for us."

Parsons also was asked whether he would sponsor Patrick if she tries to continue to run the Indy 500 while competing full-time in NASCAR.

"I think you know the answer to that," Parsons said. "Sure we will."

Terry Blount is a senior writer for ESPN.com.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue May 31, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: GoDaddy eyes Danica Patrick move

Like I said in another post, Danica is a cash cow (pun intended). I still don't like the way she sells herself and she's only a so-so driver, IMO.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

duffygoofy

Post Tue May 31, 2011 1:37 pm

HH, I agree with you. I hate to say this but she is a B---h.Went to a Indy race and she came out and people wanted her to sign there stuff and she just gave everyone a dirty look and left.
ImageImage
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Tue May 31, 2011 2:26 pm

duffygoofy wrote:HH, I agree with you. I hate to say this but she is a B---h.Went to a Indy race and she came out and people wanted her to sign there stuff and she just gave everyone a dirty look and left.

Unless you're here cause of Ryan, you're a hypocrite. Smoke does the same thing sometimes.

I would like to see her in NASCAR full-time but I woulda preferred to see her win the Indy 500 first.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue May 31, 2011 2:51 pm

There isn't a driver out there aside "maybe" Richard Petty who hasn't declined signing autographs or mingle with the fans at one time or another.Danica was a male,no one would be talking and very doubtfull he'd even have a ride still if it were the case.
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

duffygoofy

Post Tue May 31, 2011 3:06 pm

I can say what i want when i want. If you don't like it don't read it then.
ImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue May 31, 2011 3:09 pm

duffygoofy wrote:I can say what i want when i want. If you don't like it don't read it then.

Can not! :lol:
<<

duffygoofy

Post Tue May 31, 2011 3:13 pm

Why can't I? This has nothing to do about RYAN Smoke14TS
Last edited by duffygoofy on Tue May 31, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue May 31, 2011 3:18 pm

duffygoofy wrote:Why can't I?

Don't know,just sounded good at the time. :lol: Don't let anyone sway their opinions on yah,Danica wasn't such a %itch or full of herself,we'd have nothing to say about her. :lol:
<<

duffygoofy

Post Tue May 31, 2011 3:21 pm

She is one and it is not because she didn't sign for anyone you can just tell she is.Even my husband calls her that. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by duffygoofy on Tue May 31, 2011 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Tue May 31, 2011 3:25 pm

duffygoofy wrote:Why can't I? This has nothing to do about RYAN Smoke14TS

I wasn't saying it was about Ryan, brilliant. I was saying that if you're a Tony fan, her not signing making her a #### to you makes you a hypocrite, because he's notorious for being the exact same way.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

<<

duffygoofy

Post Tue May 31, 2011 3:27 pm

Like i said i can say whatever i want .Just don't read my answers then.
ImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue May 31, 2011 5:10 pm

the fact of the matter she is a woman, and she is the best woman driver out there, she led at indy, won a race, what have other women done?? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! sure the haters line "well she won on fuel milage." what driver hasnt, oh its ok for them to win on fuel, but not her, people need to get over it, I WOULD LOVE FOR HER TO COME TO SHR, at the end of the day people tony is a business man, he is not going to worry if his fans hate danica, because they wont, as soon as she is in the loop there will be a danica love fest, just like how everyone dislikes chad, but if he signed with tony, everyone would praise chad as one of the great CC's
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Tue May 31, 2011 5:43 pm

michaeljohn wrote:the fact of the matter she is a woman, and she is the best woman driver out there, she led at indy, won a race, what have other women done?? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! sure the haters line "well she won on fuel milage." what driver hasnt, oh its ok for them to win on fuel, but not her, people need to get over it, I WOULD LOVE FOR HER TO COME TO SHR, at the end of the day people tony is a business man, he is not going to worry if his fans hate danica, because they wont, as soon as she is in the loop there will be a danica love fest, just like how everyone dislikes chad, but if he signed with tony, everyone would praise chad as one of the great CC's

+1

<<

jamo14

Post Tue May 31, 2011 10:45 pm

;)
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing