FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Good Things Happen To Good People (JJ)

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Tue May 17, 2011 9:38 am

Good Things Happen To Good People (JJ)

I know most folks here don't like Jimmie Johnson, often fervently, and posts praising him usually aren't well recieved, but I've never been shy about stirring the pot when there was something I thought ought to be said or that I believed in. Anyway, I've been thinking about him and how successful he's been, and something occured to me.

Good things happen to good people, and Jimmie is a good man. Seems simple enough, but still. There's a reason he's won all the races and championships he's won. On top of being a really good race car driver, he's a really good person.

I'm not saying there aren't other good people in our sport or that Jimmie is the best person in our sport, but he has always carried himself well, he's a good-humored Christian man, and he cares about the fans and about representing our sport in the best way possible. Yes, as a Tony Stewart fan, I would like to see Jimmie beaten, but at least for me, I have to respect his success because he deserves it for the kind of person he is. He's a great champion and a great representative for our sport and its fans.

As a biased fan, he isn't one of my favorites, but as a NASCAR fan in general, I am a big Jimmie Johnson fan. It's unfortunate that he isn't more beloved from that standpoint, but maybe his time'll come.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue May 17, 2011 10:56 am

Re: Good Things Happen To Good People (JJ)

thanks for the kind words about JJ, one thing ive always dug about your writing is how objective you can be, even if that driver is not on the top of your list.

JJ is going to be like gordon, people didnt appreciate what they were seeing as it was happening, but years down the line when all the wins have dried up fans will appreciate what he has done, at least i hope
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed May 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Ya know... I've wondered the same thing too. Why isn't Jimmie MORE popular.... or why is he hated so much?

Because he's talented and wins? Is it because he's "vanilla"? You never hear Jimmie involved in scandals. Is he hated because he's polite and a family man? Is the hate because he has done what no other driver has ever been able to do? Is it because he is a corporate sponsors' dream driver?

When you're on top - # 1 - the best - etc.... you're always a target... I get THAT....but I just don't get "the hate" for him. I think Jimmie has a lot of good traits that ought to be praised, but instead, he's bashed & trashed. Weird.

(( and yes, I know... I've capped on him, in the past Tattlers... but it was all in good fun... nothing mean or malicious. ))
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed May 18, 2011 1:59 pm

people like to say he lucked into that ride, or if it wasnt for chad, he wouldnt be nothing, im glad for all the combination's that make the 48 team what it is, JJ works hard at trying to be the best, the man works out 2-3 hours daily.

I think any driver that has been a multiple champ, alot of their success is due to the crew chief, anyone that tells you different is full of hamster turds, and yea people dont like JJ because they feel he is a robot, well i say to that, listen to his radio and hear the passion in his voice,

Larry Mac said something at the start of the year that makes total sense, if one chooses to think about it, he said "dont be made cuz JJ wins all the time, be mad that your favorite driver and team dont make an xtra effort to try and beat him."

opps cant spell typed made instead of mad.
Last edited by michaeljohn on Wed May 18, 2011 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed May 18, 2011 10:05 pm

The way i look at it,Richard Petty with his crew chief over most his career and Jimmy Johnson with his crew chief so far most his career.David Pearson was the better driver and Richards crew chief was well,draw your own conclussions.Don't have anything against JJ,is what it is,but he certianly isn't the best we have ever seen and it's not JJ that bores me,it's old school racing gone forever.The drivers i don't like,JJ doesn't even come close to cuz i don't dislike him,i just don't care. :mrgreen: Just wanted some of yah to know how i really feel about it and that he isn't on my hate list as some would say.The Busch Bros. and Carl Edwards,the verdict is still out on that one-Geoff Bodine i definetley could not stand ever and he's from the area i now live.Brett Bodine is driving the pace car cuz he sucked as a race car driver.Todd Bodine has his momments,but he's ok most the time.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu May 19, 2011 12:10 am

JJ may very well be a good guy.

But deep down aren't all these drivers good guys?

Jimmie is a good driver but he has the best crew cheif in the business. And I do believe good things happen to good people and God blessed him with Chad Kanus.

I am just waiting to see something new. Great Accomplishment and pretty cool to look back at a far but it has gotten pretty old.

JJ is the even more vanilla verison of Jeff Gordon that is for sure.

JJ has been my least favorite driver since 2005 and that won't be changing anytime soon.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

austin024

Post Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:JJ may very well be a good guy.

Jimmie is a good driver but he has the best crew cheif in the business. And I do believe good things happen to good people and God blessed him with Chad Kanus.

I am just waiting to see something new. Great Accomplishment and pretty cool to look back at a far but it has gotten pretty old.

JJ has been my least favorite driver since 2005 and that won't be changing anytime soon.

what do you keep bringing up jeff?!?!

I am who I am, If you dont like me. You Can kiss my ####
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu May 19, 2011 4:59 pm

austin024 wrote:

Where did you go? Can you go back there please?

I actually gave Gordon a bit of a compliment if you read it right.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

austin024

Post Thu May 19, 2011 5:11 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:
austin024 wrote:

Where did you go? Can you go back there please?

I actually gave Gordon a bit of a compliment if you read it right.

blah blah blah

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu May 19, 2011 5:21 pm

blah blah blah[/quote]

You of all posters show the least intelligence when you post. Probably because your the only member under 18.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

austin024

Post Thu May 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:blah blah blah

You of all posters show the least intelligence when you post. Probably because your the only member under 18.[/quote]

umm do u have any prof?

<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu May 19, 2011 6:57 pm

austin your arguing with someone who changes drivers every year, cuz he is ashamed of the drivers he previously picked, last yr he looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooved denny, until he lost, now harvick is his favorite driver, his favorite driver will end bein the who who finally dethrones JJ, why do you think he also has to ruin other people's thread with his hating? because it burns his ash.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu May 19, 2011 7:20 pm

MJ I have already listed for you all my drivers. I know guys who like them all som I'm not sure what your damage is.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Fri May 20, 2011 12:26 am

It's rude, mean-spirited, and it will probably get me in a lot of trouble but in honor of Smoke's birthday I'm gonna be brutally honest: watching Austin and Smokeshow go at it is like watching a fight at the end of the 10 yard dash in the special olympics.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri May 20, 2011 1:40 am

DOH! you have the right to say what you feel aaron, was only a matter of days before this thread went to crap, like the rest of them do.

I respect SS right to say and feel as he wishes, but it is like every time there is a post about JJ he has to say how he hates him, or how boring he is, personally he does that to take jabs, how many times do you have to repeat your disgust for JJ? I get the point, its been 3 years of this garbage, move on already, there are so many other classy ways to say it but ya never do, so to keep in our tradition, everytime you take a shot at JJ, i return the favor.
To call JJ vanilla and brag how awesome jamie mac is kinda out there, jamie mac gives the dullest interviews, tilts his head like a woman and smiles and giggles
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing