Skip to content

CHASE BRISCOE – 2020 NXS Kansas I Race Advance

Event:  Kansas Lottery 250 (Round 17 of 33)
Date:  July 25, 2020
Layout:  1.5-mile oval

Chase Briscoe Notes of Interest

• Briscoe brings his No. 98 Ford Performance Racing School Mustang to Kansas Speedway in Kansas City in the midst of a career season. The 25-year-old racer from Mitchell, Indiana, scored his eighth top-two finish of the year in last Saturday’s NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth. It was his second straight runner-up result and his fifth consecutive top-four finish – a streak that began with back-to-back wins at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway and Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

• Briscoe’s front-running consistency has made him a fixture atop the championships standings. Coming into the Kansas Lottery 250, Briscoe has a 24-point advantage over fellow Ford driver Austin Cindric. With just eight races remaining in the regular season, Briscoe leads the Xfinity Series in wins with five (next best has three wins) and playoff points with 28 (next best has 20). Briscoe is tied with Cindric for the most top-fives with 10 apiece, and he is second in top-10s with 13, one fewer than Ross Chastain. Should Briscoe hold on to this lead through the remainder of the regular season, he will score the regular-season championship and the 15 valuable playoff points that come with it.

• Briscoe has two career Xfinity Series starts at Kansas with a best finish of third in October 2019

where he led twice for 33 laps. Briscoe also made one NASCAR Gander Outdoors & RV Truck Series start at Kansas in 2017, resulting in a fifth-place finish.

• Additionally, Kansas is the site of Briscoe’s final ARCA Racing Series victory, which was part of a six-win championship season where he scored 14 top-fives and 18 top-10s in 20 races. In the October 2016 Kansas 150, Briscoe started from the pole and led twice for a race-high 67 laps to secure the victory by 1.464 seconds. The driver who finished second in the 100-lap race? Austin Cindric.

CHASE BRISCOE, Driver of the No. 98 Ford Performance Racing School Ford Mustang:

Last year, Kansas was the first race in the second round of the playoffs. You led twice for 33 laps and a win would’ve locked you into the Championship 4. Can the speed you showed at Kansas last year carry over to this year?

“I’d like to think we’ll have the same amount of speed in our Ford Performance Racing School Mustang as last year, if not more. We were less than 15 laps away from winning last year and then a lapped car wrecked us. Even with a wrecked car, we were able to get back up to third, so I know we have a good baseline setup. We’ve done really well at similar tracks, so I think we’ll definitely be up front.”

Kansas is the last 1.5-mile track you’ll race on until Las Vegas at the end of September. The No. 98 Ford Performance Racing School team has been on a roll with five top-four finishes, the last three of which have come on 1.5-mile ovals. Are you looking forward to switching it up with back-to-back road-course races at Road America and Daytona?

“Honestly, I’m excited to get back on a 1.5-mile track that is more than one groove. Road-course racing is such a wild card. I feel like we are the strongest at places like Kansas, so that’s where my focus is right now. I’m just really excited to get back to a track that’s more in my wheelhouse.”