FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

mark martin

<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri May 13, 2011 5:14 pm

mark martin

Martin not worried about 2012: #5-Mark Martin, whose contract with Hendrick Motorsports runs out at the end of this year, doesn't know where he'll be racing in 2012. Nor is the veteran driver particularly concerned about it. "Well, lucky for me, I don't need a job, so I don't have to worry about it," Martin, 52, said on a national teleconference this week. "If I was 20 years younger, I would be concerned about it. But I'm in a good position right now, you know, being able to wait it out and let things play out the way they will." Martin, who joined Hendrick in 2009 and later agreed to remain with the company through 2011, has previously indicated he plans to continue Sprint Cup racing next season in either a full-time or part-time role with another organization. "Something really, really fun and exciting is going to work out for me, something that will be very rewarding, and I'm in no hurry to force that to happen," said Martin, who will be replaced by Kasey Kahne at Hendrick next season. "I'll just wait until it sort of falls in my lap, just like the 5 car did. I wasn't looking for a job when the 5 thing fell into my lap."(SPEED)(5-13-2011)

good attitude to have...........
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri May 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: mark martin

Mark's attitude comes with maturity. I'll bet he doesn't have ulcers or high blood pressure either. ;)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Tinker

Post Fri May 13, 2011 7:53 pm

That's my driver. :D

Think it would be fun to see him help SHR expand to a 3 car team.
“Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.” ~ John Wayne
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Sat May 14, 2011 12:03 am

good for him hope he gets a good deal
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sat May 14, 2011 4:00 am

Tinker wrote:That's my driver. :D

Got to agree. I've thought ever since the Kahne-to-the-5 stuff came about that Mark should drive part-time for SHR since he wants to cut back. He has an enormous amount of respect for Tony and it is mutual, so it would be great to see them partnered.

Now I'm not sure how he and Newman get along, they got into it after a IROC race at Atlanta, I think the last IROC race ever run actually.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat May 14, 2011 5:08 am

mark would be an excellent choice for a 3rd team member, he could help build it up the right way.
<<

Tinker

Post Sat May 14, 2011 8:59 pm

Smoke14TS wrote:
Tinker wrote:That's my driver. :D

Got to agree. I've thought ever since the Kahne-to-the-5 stuff came about that Mark should drive part-time for SHR since he wants to cut back. He has an enormous amount of respect for Tony and it is mutual, so it would be great to see them partnered.

Now I'm not sure how he and Newman get along, they got into it after a IROC race at Atlanta, I think the last IROC race ever run actually.

Mark has a good eye for talent and that is a big plus when you have a growing team.

Tony and Mark are good friends. I remember them being on Trackside together back in 2005. Tony had been talking about how much Mark has meant to him and, Tony being Tony, you could see the emotion in his face. But, when Mark made his comments about Tony...that is when Tony's eyes filled with tears. It was quite a moment. They had to break to commercial because Mark and Tony had gotten to each other.
“Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.” ~ John Wayne
<<

ndunn

Post Sun May 15, 2011 12:49 pm

Mark doesn't need to worry about finances as he must have enough money to last the rest of his life. All he needs now is something to enjoy. Now I just hope Arlene has the same. Wasn't the reason leaving Roush Racing was to give more time to her and the sons racing?
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun May 15, 2011 4:14 pm

Thou i never was a Martin fan,i do respect the guy and i believe he would be a great asset to Tony in helping him develope a third team if it's possable for next season.
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!

Return to NASCAR & Racing