JJ named America's most influential athlete by Forbes

<<

smoke14rulez

Post Thu May 12, 2011 8:44 am

Re: JJ named America's most influential athlete by Forbes

jamo14 wrote:only your squirrel threatens me :lol:

...he's been known to have that effect... ;) :lol:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu May 12, 2011 9:08 am

i thought i was the only one threatened by that pic haha
<<

peanut1439

Post Thu May 12, 2011 9:56 am

Tony Made Forbes a Year ago...snicker

On The Cover/Top Stories
Is Tony Stewart Nascar's Smartest Owner?

Kym McNicholas, 03.25.10, 08:00 PM EDT
Forbes Magazine dated April 12, 2010
He's not Nascar's most liked driver. But he might be its smartest owner.

Two-time Nascar champion Tony Stewart isn't the friendliest guy at the track. He once spun racing's face man, Jeff Gordon, on pit road, drop-kicked a reporter's tape recorder and punched a photographer in public. Since 1999 the sport has cited him nine times for arguing with Nascar officials, facing off with the media or fighting with competitors.

But Stewart hasn't had any run-ins since 2008. That's when he traded little more than his driving prowess and marketability for 50% of sputtering Haas CNC Racing, a perennial loser run by Gene Haas, founder and president of Haas Automation in Oxnard, Calif.

Video: Tony Stewart: Racing to Profitability
Since then Stewart has overhauled the team and established a new reputation: the hottest owner in Nascar. He parlayed his contacts with Hendrick Motorsports, the sport's richest outfit, into access to some of the best engines and chassis on the track. He hired crew chiefs Darian Grubb and Tony Gibson away from rivals. In its first season last year Stewart-Haas Racing posted 4 wins and 38 top-ten finishes. Stewart came in sixth in the overall Sprint Cup standings.

Stewart won $6.8 million behind the wheel, and teammate Ryan Newman raked in another $5 million, making SHR the second-highest-earning team in Nascar's chase for the 2009 Cup. Stewart-Haas earned $55 million in sponsorship revenue last season, the most of any two-driver team and seventh most overall. FORBES values the team at $98 million, up 23% since last year, the seventh most valuable one in Nascar.

"It's my devilish good looks and my outstanding personality," jokes Stewart, 38. "But seriously, my key is I underpromise and overdeliver."
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

peanut1439

Post Thu May 12, 2011 10:34 am

I forgot to add that Tony owns 13 business's too..heh heh
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu May 12, 2011 2:16 pm

good for him, as usual people are missing the point, its not about what driver can top another driver, its about NASCAR DRIVERS BEING RECOGNIZED AS ATHLETES, but obviously it has to be a competition so people can feel good about their driver,
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu May 12, 2011 10:37 pm

Thought MJ was done with this thread? :lol: "SHR"-Wanted to hear about JJ,i'd pick up a copy of who gives a %hit magazine as this is SHR and i could care less about JJ and i get sick of hearing about him on here from, oh yeah, you.Do you plaster Ryan all over the JJ or HMS site like you do JJ here? Never mind,doesn't matter,but i don't see how it's right with the Avatar and everything else cuz JJ doesn't run or own this site,Tony does, and it also represents Ryan,not JJ and the "god" of all crew chiefs "Chad".Really not trying to be a dick about it,but it is kinda offensive. :evil:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri May 13, 2011 3:30 am

im glad it offends you, since day one when you joined you gave me crap for no reason, then telling me your kids hacked your account and that wasnt you, im sure if you had a dog growing up he ate your homework, if ya dont like my avatar, its simple, put me on your foe list, and you say im JJ this and that, you practically cream in your pants every time you bring up SR, you just post to everything i put up, to try and get me going, how mature is that???? so as i got to deal with your moronic ramblings, deal with mine. have a nice day wolfie aaaaaaaawooooooooooooooooooooooooo haha
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri May 13, 2011 9:40 am

michaeljohn wrote:im glad it offends you, since day one when you joined you gave me crap for no reason, then telling me your kids hacked your account and that wasnt you, im sure if you had a dog growing up he ate your homework, if ya dont like my avatar, its simple, put me on your foe list, and you say im JJ this and that, you practically cream in your pants every time you bring up SR, you just post to everything i put up, to try and get me going, how mature is that???? so as i got to deal with your moronic ramblings, deal with mine. have a nice day wolfie aaaaaaaawooooooooooooooooooooooooo haha

Since you draw attention to yourself this way,you must like it or you wouldn't be doing it.Everytime,you take hook,line and sinker. :mrgreen:Called your other pal Jimmy Spencer,says he has a crying towel for yah!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri May 13, 2011 10:44 am

awoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo where is squiggy?
<<

duffygoofy

Post Fri May 13, 2011 11:01 am

Hey wolfgang, I thought i read that to. MJ said he wasn't going to come on this post or read this post anymore. Maybe you and me were reading it all wrong. I guess are eye site isn't as good :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri May 13, 2011 11:03 am

[youtubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT8NOU_hDJQ][/youtube]

my new theme song................
<<

ndunn

Post Fri May 13, 2011 12:15 pm

What I have a problem with is what Mr. Van Riple means by "influential". I can say he probably is right about Junior as he has Junior Nation. He has been picked as the favorite NASCAR driver several years in a row. Someone has been voting for him. As for Jeff Gordon if he is talking about now it was a 10 million dollar investment for sponsorship from AARP that got him front and center. AARP could have put that money to better use. As for JJ I've never paid much attention to him so I don't know who he is or what he is about. I can't criticize someone I don't know. I don't put all my faith in Forbes opinions.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri May 13, 2011 1:07 pm

duffygoofy wrote:Hey wolfgang, I thought i read that to. MJ said he wasn't going to come on this post or read this post anymore. Maybe you and me were reading it all wrong. I guess are eye site isn't as good :lol: :lol:

Look in the Lobby,it doesn't stop here. :roll: MJ does contradict himself often and when he gets caught,well you can read it all for yourself.Yah don't need to be a philology major to figure him out. :lol:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri May 13, 2011 2:23 pm

stupid is, as stupid does.
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri May 13, 2011 3:32 pm

That's obvious,thanks but you already convinced me of that. :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing