Skip to content

CHASE BRISCOE – 2020 NXS Atlanta I Race Advance

Event:  EchoPark 250 (Round 8 of 33)
Date:  June 6, 2020
Layout:  1.54-mile oval

Chase Briscoe Notes of Interest

•  The EchoPark 250 at Atlanta Motor Speedway is the eighth event of the 33-race NASCAR Xfinity Series schedule. It will mark the fourth event for the Xfinity Series since racing returned May 21 at Darlington (S.C.) Raceway after a 10-week hiatus amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
•  The Xfinity Series Dash 4 Cash program kicks off at Atlanta, with Briscoe competing against Noah Gragson, Brandon Jones and Harrison Burton for a $100,000 bonus. Should Briscoe win the EchoPark 250, he will pocket the $100,000 and advance to the next Dash 4 Cash race June 14 at Homestead-Miami Speedway, where he will be eligible to compete for another $100,000. The top-four finishers from the EchoPark 250 will be eligible for the $100,000 payday at Homestead.
•  Briscoe qualified for the Dash 4 Cash by finishing second Monday night at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway. He crossed the stripe just .328 of a second away from Gragson, the race winner. It was Briscoe’s second straight second-place result at Bristol, as he finished second last August at the .533-mile oval. It was also his third straight top-five finish in five career Xfinity Series starts at Bristol.
•  Briscoe has made two Xfinity Series starts at Atlanta, both resulting in 15th-place finishes (2018 and 2019). The Mitchell, Indiana-native also made a NASCAR Truck Series start at the track in 2017, starting fourth and finishing 25th.
•  Briscoe comes into Atlanta as the championship leader with a nine point-advantage over second-place Gragson. Briscoe has four top-five and five top-10 finishes this season, punctuated by victories Feb. 23 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and May 21 at Darlington.
•  Briscoe won the 2019 rookie-of-the-year title in the Xfinity Series and is racing for a championship in 2020. He already has one title to his name – the 2016 ARCA Racing Series championship. Briscoe finished fifth in the Xfinity Series championship standings last year, narrowly missing out on advancing to the Championship 4 and competing for the series title.
•  Briscoe has four wins, 18 top-five and 35 top-10 finishes in 57 career Xfinity Series starts.

CHASE BRISCOE, Driver of the No. 98 HighPoint.com Ford Mustang:

Atlanta was one of the tracks you had circled on the calendar before the season was forced into hiatus just prior to the original date of the Atlanta race (March 14). What can we expect from the No. 98 HighPoint.com team on Saturday in the EchoPark 250?

“I feel like our HighPoint.com Ford Mustang has been really good on the mile-and-a-halves. You throw in a slick mile-and-a-half like Atlanta, and that’s our bread-and-butter and where our program is the best. Both Atlanta and Homestead fall into that category, so those are going to be two really good racetracks for us. It would be great to capitalize on that with the extra $100,000 that’s up for grabs, but Atlanta is definitely a driver’s track. Hopefully, it’s 100 degrees outside and we can move up to the wall and just be slipping and sliding. I feel like that’s when my dirt background comes into play the most, so hopefully that’s what we’ll have and we can just put on another good race.”

(Note: Briscoe is a third-generation racer whose career began on dirt tracks in and around his home state of Indiana. Since he was 13, Briscoe has followed in his grandfather’s and father’s footsteps, racing sprint cars on the rough and tumble bullrings of the Midwest. In his first race in a 410 sprint car, Briscoe finished 10th in a 40-car field. In a rookie season that saw 37 starts, Briscoe racked up eight top-five and 17 top-10 finishes, including a win in the last race of the season where he broke NASCAR Hall of Famer and four-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Jeff Gordon’s record as being the youngest person to win a 410 sprint car race.)

What kind of incentive does the Dash 4 Cash create at Atlanta and the three subsequent Dash 4 Cash races?

“Anytime you can add the possibility of $400,000 to your program, it makes a big difference, so I’m thankful Xfinity allows us to run for an extra $100,000 at these four Dash 4 Cash races. I feel like Atlanta and Homestead are two of our better racetracks as a team and also for me as a driver, so that opportunity to start off with these races is a huge deal for us. Anytime you can run for an extra $100,000 or even an extra $10,000 or whatever, it’s just an added incentive. I’m looking forward to doing that at Atlanta and hopefully getting the win.”