FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Ryan Newman Fan Here

<<

chevy39fan

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:39 am

Ryan Newman Fan Here

Been a Ryan Newman fan since 2002 his rookie year. Went up to Niles,Michigan to his fathers automotive garage called G&G in 2002 for Ryan's very first Fan Appreciation Day. Got there late due to the time change! :roll: Stood in line to meet Ryan and Krissie. Got sun burned waiting in line so long. But for my big moment of meeting Ryan bending over for a picture of us two I said,"I'm a Newman too!".......(We both share the same last name.) I felt like the dork of the year. Ryan replied and I quote,"Cool." Ryan was a man of few words back then folks! :D

Went to Fan Day 2003-2005. Got to meet his grandparents mom and dad and sister Jamie who is a nurse in Indiana. They are all normal nice people. Fan Day 2004 was at Michigan Speed way and Ryan was giving rides around the track in a Dodge Viper. Had to by a raffle ticket for a chance at those rides. My sister was one of twenty who won. Ryan hit about 160 as she was the last ride. I have the pictures. Laurie loved it!

Was a Ryan Newman Fan Club forum poster many, many years. Met a few folks who posted on Ryan's forum. Pretty good folk.

Never seen a Nascar race in person to this day. Saw night quals at Lowe's back in 2005 while attending Fan Day down in North Carolina. I was shocked how fast those cars go.

I have a bunch of autographs, die casts etc. as all fans have. Stopped going to Fan Days after 2005. Not worth it for the exspense and short time of the event. May go if there close?

I still feel Ryan is just as good as any driver in Nascar but that doesn't always equate to a lot of wins or Championships. Your supporting cast has to be elite and your stock cars have to be close to perfect. This is a sport all about speed and excellent strategy. But most of all, all things have to go your way. You must have good luck. You won't find all the above in stats! ;)
<<

Username

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:46 am

Re: Ryan Newman Fan Here

hello ;)
<<

ryannewman39

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:36 pm

Go Newman! :D
RYAN NEWMAN AND THE TEAM #39 U.S. ARMY/HAAS AUTOMATION/TORNADOS CHEVROLET ARMY STRONG AND RACIN TO WIN PROUD MEMBER OF THE SHR GARAGE GANG
<<

daniluvs14

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:13 pm

welcome to the asylum!!
IT FEELS LIKE I HAVE BEEN DRIVING IN CIRCLES ALL DAY

TONY...BRISTOL 2009

Return to Introduce Yourself