FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New to site...Forever Fan

<<

slopoke21m

Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:34 pm

New to site...Forever Fan

Hello all...

As many times as I have been to this site I didnt realize this portion existed. It never even entered my mind that a driver's/team's site would have a discussion board. I only hope in light of the events that recently occurred that our driver, Tony, is being made aware of the well wishes, prayers and moral support he has out there in his fans and followers. I, personally, and those very close to me, are 100% behind Tony! I have every confidence in him and his talent, and its with that confidence I wear my Tony Stewart gear and will defend him with all I am....

I have raced since I was 14 years old (33 years worth of slinging mud and breathing dust and exhaust fumes). Go-karts, hobby stocks, modifieds and open wheel dirt cars are what I have wheeled. I have always looked up to Tony's absolute raw talent in anything he as driven, and now am becoming more and more aware of his off track good-heartedness, beyond just what hes done while owning Eldora.

Tony is in a league of race car drivers all their own, flanked only by names like Andretti, Foyt, and maybe a very very very small group of others.

"Smoke" you are in my thoughts...

Slopoke21M
<<

jdpirate

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:29 am

Re: New to site...Forever Fan

slopoke21m wrote:Hello all...

As many times as I have been to this site I didnt realize this portion existed. It never even entered my mind that a driver's/team's site would have a discussion board. I only hope in light of the events that recently occurred that our driver, Tony, is being made aware of the well wishes, prayers and moral support he has out there in his fans and followers. I, personally, and those very close to me, are 100% behind Tony! I have every confidence in him and his talent, and its with that confidence I wear my Tony Stewart gear and will defend him with all I am....

I have raced since I was 14 years old (33 years worth of slinging mud and breathing dust and exhaust fumes). Go-karts, hobby stocks, modifieds and open wheel dirt cars are what I have wheeled. I have always looked up to Tony's absolute raw talent in anything he as driven, and now am becoming more and more aware of his off track good-heartedness, beyond just what hes done while owning Eldora.

Tony is in a league of race car drivers all their own, flanked only by names like Andretti, Foyt, and maybe a very very very small group of others.

"Smoke" you are in my thoughts...

Slopoke21M

Welcome to the Garage, Slopoke21M! Hope your sn is not a reflection of how you race :lol: just kidding! Happy to have you....stop in any topic and get to know your crazy, funny, whitty and... garage-mates!
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

vigh

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:19 pm

Very well put. I too am a due hard from the beginning smoke fan. I have JG T-shirts with him and Bobby. I have a #20 leather jacket I still wear with pride. I bought a 77 Cutlass that was bright orange and had the lic. plate fan-420! So much ugly being said about him. I know in my heart he did not do anything wrong and is dying inside knowing he took that boys life by accident. I pray for his return and the strength for him to move forward!
<<

vigh

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:21 pm

Very well put. I too am a die hard from the beginning smoke fan. I have JG T-shirts with him and Bobby. I have a #20 leather jacket I still wear with pride. I bought a 77 Cutlass that was bright orange and had the lic. plate fan-420! So much ugly being said about him. I know in my heart he did not do anything wrong and is dying inside knowing he took that boys life by accident. I pray for his return and the strength for him to move forward!
<<

RoxieLynn

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:55 pm

I am new to site. I am a Danica Patrick fan.
<<

jdpirate

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:32 pm

vigh wrote:Very well put. I too am a due hard from the beginning smoke fan. I have JG T-shirts with him and Bobby. I have a #20 leather jacket I still wear with pride. I bought a 77 Cutlass that was bright orange and had the lic. plate fan-420! So much ugly being said about him. I know in my heart he did not do anything wrong and is dying inside knowing he took that boys life by accident. I pray for his return and the strength for him to move forward!

Welcome to the Garage, vigh! well said.
<<

jdpirate

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:34 pm

RoxieLynn wrote:I am new to site. I am a Danica Patrick fan.

Welcome to the Garage, RoxieLynn! Always great to see fans of other SHR deivers join us :D
<<

slopoke21m

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Thank you all for commenting, and it is very nice to have a Smokin' Sanctuary!

I cant recall when I became a Tony Stewart fan, but I also cant recall NOT ever being a Tony Stewart fan. Just something about the way he wheels everything he gets into!

And JD, I embraced my nickname and my lil mascot of Slopoke Rodriguez...not always the fastest car on the track wins, and with running on a dusty dry slick track most of the time and not having a bunch of money to spend, we certainly were not the fastest most nights, but hard work, and squeezing every bit out of what we had made us pretty successful.

Thanks for the welcome :mrgreen:
<<

jdpirate

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:35 pm

slopoke21m wrote:Thank you all for commenting, and it is very nice to have a Smokin' Sanctuary!

I cant recall when I became a Tony Stewart fan, but I also cant recall NOT ever being a Tony Stewart fan. Just something about the way he wheels everything he gets into!

And JD, I embraced my nickname and my lil mascot of Slopoke Rodriguez...not always the fastest car on the track wins, and with running on a dusty dry slick track most of the time and not having a bunch of money to spend, we certainly were not the fastest most nights, but hard work, and squeezing every bit out of what we had made us pretty successful.

Thanks for the welcome :mrgreen:

Ah, good deal! Yes, slow and steady is good...fast can crash :( I truly understand the reasoning :D
<<

tonyfansince1999/51

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:44 pm

me too. can't go to bristol but i will there in spirit stand up for Smoke
<<

Tinker

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Hope you enjoy it here in the Garage and have fun too.
“Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.” ~ John Wayne

Return to Introduce Yourself