FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What is up with the 1 team this season?

<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Thu May 19, 2011 12:48 am

What is up with the 1 team this season?

It seems like they either have a broken trackbar or lugnut/ tire issues every week. Martinsvillie and Bristol are the only races Jamie has felt he has had a car capable of winning at. But he still has had good cars not winning cars but top ten cars at Phoenix, Dover, Texas, and two of those finishes were because of tire issues.

Jamie won three races last year two before the chase and they proved inconsistency won't stop them from winning and he is 22nd in points so if he grab a few wins the chase is in reach.

But I'd like to see him get some good finishes in a row. I guess he is just the hardluck driver.
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Thu May 19, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

jamo14

User avatar

Posts: 1371

Images: 0
180

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:44 am

Post Thu May 19, 2011 1:01 am

Re: What is up with the 1 team this season?

don't care
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

Image
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Thu May 19, 2011 2:26 pm

Re: What is up with the 1 team this season?

Daytona and Talladega he was also in it for a win but that is a given he is one of the best plate racers.

It always seems like he can never have anything on his side. I want to see him make the chase and contend for a championship.

I am picking him for the Allstar race he is really good at Charlotte I think he can turn his season around there.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

austin024

User avatar

Posts: 241

180

Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:51 pm

Post Thu May 19, 2011 4:19 pm

Re: What is up with the 1 team this season?

like some have said before, last year was a fluke.



I am who I am, If you dont like me. You Can kiss my ####
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8470

Images: 0
5759

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Thu May 19, 2011 4:38 pm

Re: What is up with the 1 team this season?

he is back to his mediocre ways, at least mr vanilla can win at any time.....
Image
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Thu May 19, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: What is up with the 1 team this season?

Last was his best season WINNING wise. He had had far more consistent seasons then that (2004 when he had 23 top tens). Jamie is the type of driver that can win out of no where when you least expect it.

Really EGR has been down. Montoya had a few good races but that is about it he has falled like 8 spots in the last few races in points.

15 races until the chase starts we'll have to see what happens. I hope he can make the chase on consistency and wins.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Thu May 19, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: What is up with the 1 team this season?

michaeljohn wrote:he is back to his mediocre ways, at least mr vanilla can win at any time.....

Jamie said the new tires has thrown his team off a little. At Las Vegas they absolutely struggled which is really the only race they ran bad. Most other races he's been a 7th to 10th place race car with not much to show for it.

They are bringing a brand new car to the Allstar race to try things for the 600 I guess. Good things should come out of it.

In my opinion sticking with a driver through their toughest seasons makes you more of a fan. It's easy to pull for a guy who is having a hot streak or is winning every 3 or 4 weeks, but can you still cheer just as loud for the guy when he's racing his guts out trying to get his first top 15 finish of a season that might be 10 or 12 races old?
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

austin024

User avatar

Posts: 241

180

Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:51 pm

Post Thu May 19, 2011 5:14 pm

Re: What is up with the 1 team this season?

Smokeshow14 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:he is back to his mediocre ways, at least mr vanilla can win at any time.....

Jamie said the new tires has thrown his team off a little. At Las Vegas they absolutely struggled which is really the only race they ran bad. Most other races he's been a 7th to 10th place race car with not much to show for it.

They are bringing a brand new car to the Allstar race to try things for the 600 I guess. Good things should come out of it.

In my opinion sticking with a driver through their toughest seasons makes you more of a fan. It's easy to pull for a guy who is having a hot streak or is winning every 3 or 4 weeks, but can you still cheer just as loud for the guy when he's racing his guts out trying to get his first top 15 finish of a season that might be 10 or 12 races old?



sit back and read what u just posted....I have been cheering for Jeff my entire life, only other driver i have cheered for is Trevor Bayne, and thats only since Texas of last year



I am who I am, If you dont like me. You Can kiss my ####
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Thu May 19, 2011 5:17 pm

Re: What is up with the 1 team this season?

austin024 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:he is back to his mediocre ways, at least mr vanilla can win at any time.....

Jamie said the new tires has thrown his team off a little. At Las Vegas they absolutely struggled which is really the only race they ran bad. Most other races he's been a 7th to 10th place race car with not much to show for it.

They are bringing a brand new car to the Allstar race to try things for the 600 I guess. Good things should come out of it.

In my opinion sticking with a driver through their toughest seasons makes you more of a fan. It's easy to pull for a guy who is having a hot streak or is winning every 3 or 4 weeks, but can you still cheer just as loud for the guy when he's racing his guts out trying to get his first top 15 finish of a season that might be 10 or 12 races old?



sit back and read what u just posted....I have been cheering for Jeff my entire life, only other driver i have cheered for is Trevor Bayne, and thats only since Texas of last year


If you don't like a SHR driver why are you here? MJ at least is a Newman fan.

You like Trevor Bayne? I like him as a friend (yes I do know him but I don't have a ton of contact with him) He is a really nice guy and a good driver but look at what season he's had in nw and cup since his 500 win before he got ill if you want to discuss flukes (IDK if he is but that was a plate race). Btw he tied Jamie's record of winning in his second start.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

austin024

User avatar

Posts: 241

180

Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:51 pm

Post Thu May 19, 2011 6:52 pm

Re: What is up with the 1 team this season?

whats this have to do with MJ???? never said i didnt like smoke or rocket man. like em both as a matter of fact, and who are you to say i cant be here?



I am who I am, If you dont like me. You Can kiss my ####
<<

Smoke_14

User avatar

Posts: 279

275

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:02 pm

Location: Edgewood, Maryland

Post Thu May 19, 2011 7:53 pm

Re: What is up with the 1 team this season?

Jamie was never going to duplicate the year he had in 2010. There was a reason why he missed the Chase last year, even though he won the 500, 400 and Charlotte 500. Jamie is a decent driver, but EGR is certainly not a top level team. JPM has more talent then Jamie, and JPM is struggling (though it's hard to run up front when you have your head up your rear-end the majority of the time). EGR as a whole will never have consistent contenders for the Chase. Once in awhile you will have fluke year like JPM in 2009, and Jamie in 2010. But neither will contend year in and year out. Just not enough there.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4260

1095

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Thu May 19, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: What is up with the 1 team this season?

michaeljohn wrote:he is back to his mediocre ways, at least mr vanilla can win at any time.....

MJ you remind me of that old Commercial where Sadler is telling JJ what he is doing wrong in the corners, & JJ gets on his nextel & has a crew member bring his Championship trophy's

Your always playing that Card LOL ;)
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 2984

Images: 3
835

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Thu May 19, 2011 9:23 pm

Re: What is up with the 1 team this season?

Smoke_14 wrote:Jamie was never going to duplicate the year he had in 2010. There was a reason why he missed the Chase last year, even though he won the 500, 400 and Charlotte 500. Jamie is a decent driver, but EGR is certainly not a top level team. JPM has more talent then Jamie, and JPM is struggling (though it's hard to run up front when you have your head up your rear-end the majority of the time). EGR as a whole will never have consistent contenders for the Chase. Once in awhile you will have fluke year like JPM in 2009, and Jamie in 2010. But neither will contend year in and year out. Just not enough there.

The best chance EGR had was the year with Sterlin Marlin,but he got injured.Think alot of times with EGR like Penske seems to be,IRL first and Nascar is only secondary.
<<

Smoke_14

User avatar

Posts: 279

275

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:02 pm

Location: Edgewood, Maryland

Post Fri May 20, 2011 6:33 am

Re: What is up with the 1 team this season?

I remember that year with Marlin. He was on it. Shame what happened to him. I just dont think EGR will ever have the equipment nor the staff to compete on a consistent basis. Open wheel is certainly first on Ganassi's list of priorities, and NASCAR may even be pushed to third behind Ganassi's road racing teams.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Fri May 20, 2011 7:53 am

Re: What is up with the 1 team this season?

Smoke_14 wrote:Jamie was never going to duplicate the year he had in 2010. There was a reason why he missed the Chase last year, even though he won the 500, 400 and Charlotte 500. Jamie is a decent driver, but EGR is certainly not a top level team. JPM has more talent then Jamie, and JPM is struggling (though it's hard to run up front when you have your head up your rear-end the majority of the time). EGR as a whole will never have consistent contenders for the Chase. Once in awhile you will have fluke year like JPM in 2009, and Jamie in 2010. But neither will contend year in and year out. Just not enough there.

The only thing I will say is that he had a chip on his shoulder last year and this year and for the rest of his career he doesn't have to worry about people questioning if he can drive or not. Last year was no fluke Jamie can still win multiple races but I didn't expect him to win those same races again. EGR is definetly not where they were last year and if Chip would just pay a little more attention maybe they'd get back there quicker.

I think the 1 team could become one of those teams that make the chase every year and at times contend. Jamie is a mature enough driver and Bono is a mature enough cc. EGR just needs to be able to support that.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.

Return to NASCAR & Racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Annalee and 3 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER