Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Post a reply

Horrible Nationwide Wreck

Sat May 14, 2011 6:37 pm

Thank God all the drivers are okay. That was about as heart-stopping a crash as we've had in a long time. Very concerned about the No. 33 crew guy who was hit by the spring, not liking the vibes I got from the end of the telecast and discussions on Twitter.

Re: Horrible Nationwide Wreck

Sat May 14, 2011 7:20 pm

that was a scary ending, its amazing cars can take a hit like that and the drivers dont get hurt, hopefully the crewman is ok......

Sat May 14, 2011 7:21 pm

That was a bad wreck! Both Joey & Clint were very lucky the way Clint's car hit the 20 in the driver's window and went on it's side. There isn't much out there yet on the condition of the pit crew member hit by the flying spring, but it sounded like his leg was a bloody mess. :(

Sat May 14, 2011 7:57 pm

If you didn't see it.

Sat May 14, 2011 8:09 pm

What Carl did was take the air off Joeys spoiler,just hard racing and really nothing wrong with it,just unfortunate of the outcome.The #33 really spooked me for a momment,till i heard he was ok.Brads comments on Kyle pushing through him again,i wasn't sure as to what he meant,i heard Kyles rpms drop just before he hit Brad?

Sat May 14, 2011 9:03 pm

This time, Kyle had no place to go. Once Brad sees the replay, maybe he'll realize that. Nobody's fault... with so many cars wrecking in front of them, there was no place to go.

Sat May 14, 2011 9:14 pm

The KHI crewman that got hit by debris is still being evaluated @ the hospital

Sun May 15, 2011 2:20 am

His name is Glen Wheeler, he's being held overnight. All the report from KHI says is that he has left-leg injuries. Doesn't mention fractures, surgery, or anything, so maybe it was just a major laceration or something. Everyone was talking about how bloody it was so hopefully it's just a flesh wound. The way they were talking on ESPN after the race, it sounded really bad.

Sun May 15, 2011 12:41 pm

Wow, what a mess. I've watched this several times and it looks to me (I'm not an expert on wreckage) like a free for all that just happens. Kyle was lucky he wasn't surrounded by cars. Thankful that all the drivers were okay and hope the crew member recovers quickly.
Post a reply