FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

JJ named America's most influential athlete by Forbes

<<

cslonewolf

Post Mon May 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: JJ named America's most influential athlete by Forbes

I don't care that I'm not a J.J. fan but this is pretty cool. I was suprised a NASCAR driver was on such a list let alone number one on the list. Then to find out there were three NASCAR drivers in the top 10, I don't care who you like that is awesome for our sport. Anyone who watches NASCAR knows that our heros (weather it be Tony, Jimmie, Jeff, Ryan, Jr., or any of the 38 other drivers) know that these guys never get the recognition they deserve. "They just drive around in circles all day, they are not atheletes." So I Don't give a crap what drivers get the recognition, I'm just happy someone from our sport is. It's refreshing to know that mainstreem media is finally starting to take our sport seriously. Thanx for posting this M.J. Awesome thread.
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

austin024

Post Wed May 18, 2011 7:59 pm

wolfgang wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:
wolfgang wrote:JJ is the best in Nascar,than Dale Earnhardt Snr.must have been a god! :mrgreen:
JJ is the best in Nascar,than Tony Stewart must be the god of all auto racing. :mrgreen: They have big books on Dale and Tony,they don't need no stinkin Forbes magazine. :lol:

thats your opinion
what has tony done lately?????? nothing, all he does is throw races away, JJ has driven less time in nascar and has better stats, end of story, o better stats then baldy harvick too :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

that is my opinion, but im not allowed to have an opinion because it threatens people.............

Think if you took the time to look into Kevin and Tonys' racing careers' i think yah might feel differant.The whole world of racing doesn't just revolve around Cup, both JJ and Jeff Gordon have very impressive Cup careers,i won't and can't deny that.Won't deny they are excellant drivers,but it takes alot more than just a driver. Dale,well everyone knows he was the best of his era whether you like him or not,he could sell tickets.The athlete part,see how long a stock car driver can last in a hockey rink,soccer game ect.Forbes is a waste of time as motortrend or some other magazine calling a certian brand truck,truck of the year.Opinions,just like ours and all in how others see it right or wrong.

wolfie are you trying to say nascar drivers arent athletes?

I am who I am, If you dont like me. You Can kiss my ####
<<

austin024

Post Wed May 18, 2011 8:00 pm

jamo14 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:im pretty much bored with this convo, i posted an article that i thought was cool, but all it turns out is people bashing things, cant accept the truth, and it is always the same two people, its the same boring argument, facts are facts, so deal with it,

SS14, you like drivers that you think are gonna beat JJ, and one day he will be beat, last year all you did was praise denny, now your in love with kevin, i thought you loved jamie??? make up your mind already, wolf your only argument is dale SR, its one thing to debate, and another just to rip some driver apart cuz you dont like, so whatever, im not even gonna waste my energy clicking on this thread anymore.

I still do love Jamie dude just an extremely unlucky season but I have been quietly cheering for him and maybe they can have some luck in the coming weeks.

I am going to list for you my drivers

1.Tony Stewart
2.Jamie McMurray
3.Kevin Harvick
4.Dale Jr
5.Carl Edwards
6.Denny Hamlin
7.Matt Kenseth
8.Ryan Newman
9.Clint Bowyer
10.Kasey Kahne
11.Greg Biffle
12.Mark Martin
13.Brad Keselowski
14.Bobby Labonte

Those are all the drivers in cup that I cheer for. I dislike JJ, the Busch bros, Jeff Gordon, Robby Gordon and JPM and I am indifferent with everyone else.

That a good enough explanation sir?

even when I was 12, I didn't root for that many teams :lol:

#### im almost 17, guess who i have been rooting for my whole life???? lol thats right KEVIN CONWAY!!!!!

<<

austin024

Post Wed May 18, 2011 8:02 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:im pretty much bored with this convo, i posted an article that i thought was cool, but all it turns out is people bashing things, cant accept the truth, and it is always the same two people, its the same boring argument, facts are facts, so deal with it,

SS14, you like drivers that you think are gonna beat JJ, and one day he will be beat, last year all you did was praise denny, now your in love with kevin, i thought you loved jamie??? make up your mind already, wolf your only argument is dale SR, its one thing to debate, and another just to rip some driver apart cuz you dont like, so whatever, im not even gonna waste my energy clicking on this thread anymore.

I still do love Jamie dude just an extremely unlucky season but I have been quietly cheering for him and maybe they can have some luck in the coming weeks.

I am going to list for you my drivers

1.Tony Stewart
2.Jamie McMurray
3.Kevin Harvick
4.Dale Jr
5.Carl Edwards
6.Denny Hamlin
7.Matt Kenseth
8.Ryan Newman
9.Clint Bowyer
10.Kasey Kahne
11.Greg Biffle
12.Mark Martin
13.Brad Keselowski
14.Bobby Labonte

Those are all the drivers in cup that I cheer for. I dislike JJ, the Busch bros, Jeff Gordon, Robby Gordon and JPM and I am indifferent with everyone else.

That a good enough explanation sir?

Dont hate, appreciate :P

<<

wolfgang

Post Wed May 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi Austin,long time no see.The answer to your question,i could care less about Forbes or their "opinions" .What i consider athletes,hockey players,race motorcross,soccer ect. The racing days of no power steering,bias tires,no cooling systems for the driver ect.,would say back then they were athletes,but now to say such a thing is insane. My honest opinion of who the greatest stock driver ever was,David Pearson.The greatest crew chief was Richard Pettys, as the obvious choice today is Chad with the #48.Why they are the best is a reason i won't say far as the crew chiefs,but i honestly never cared for either.David Pearson was awesome and i haven't seen a driver since as brilliant as he was.Dale Earnhardt knew how to get it done when he didn't have the car to do so,which while alot of people didn't like his style,alot did.The drivers of old school racing vs todays drivers in high tech equiptment that is no where near "stock"cars,athletes.lmao! The hardest working person at the track for the team is the truck driver-drives car hauler and gets everything ready for the race.Why not call him the athlete? :lol:
Last edited by wolfgang on Wed May 18, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed May 18, 2011 9:32 pm

Austin,love the memories of Jeff and Tony and if you notice most all the drivers wait till the crews are around before they run their mouths. Jeff is a small guy,but he sure let Burton know how he felt last year didn't he? :lol:
<<

austin024

Post Thu May 19, 2011 7:57 am

wolfgang wrote:Austin,love the memories of Jeff and Tony and if you notice most all the drivers wait till the crews are around before they run their mouths. Jeff is a small guy,but he sure let Burton know how he felt last year didn't he? :lol:

yea i do to, i was happy what Jeff did last year at Texas :D . and when he is gone i doubt i will watch much of nascar anymore.

<<

wolfgang

Post Thu May 19, 2011 9:09 pm

Jeff retires,i think you'll stick around just to see up and coming drivers,i said i quit when we lost Dale.Will admit w/o Dale,Cale Yarborough or Pearson it's not the same,but the racing isn't either.Tony Stewart i couldn't stand in the begining and Kyle Bush reminds me much of how Tony was then.Jeff Gordon i liked his rookie year,but started to see how the sport was changing then.The next thing i know he's kicking Dales #### and course i didn't like that.Time went on and Everham left HMS,i began to realize i really didn't have any reason to dislike Jeff,it was the way the sport was changing, and Dale was making a comeback after his dry spell that seemed to last forever.Tony is big into Dirt Racing and i love the WOO,after the loss of Dale,i'm still loyal to RCR and followed Harvick.Tony,once i understood him and put myself in his shoes,i couldn't help but like him,so aside Jr.these three are my favs,but i like alot of drivers,few i don't.The Bush Bros.and Carl Edwards,i don't know as i'll ever like them,every time i start to,they do something really stupid and they've been around long enough to be better than that.They all go through a learning or maturity stage,some just never seem to get it. :roll:
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing