FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Weekly Picks & The 1 Point Club

<<

jsw14

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:59 am

Re: Weekly Picks & The 1 Point Club

OK gang, This is what I'll do to guarantee the prize will be won> When I play our new points game, I will only be exempt from winning the prize. If I happen to end-up in first place, the prize will go to 2nd place, & I will have the Braggin-Rights!!!!! If I end-up in 2nd or lower, 1st place will be the winner. :) After all> I shouldn't be eligible to win my-own Prize!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:25 am

jsw14 wrote:OK gang, This is what I'll do to guarantee the prize will be won> When I play our new points game, I will only be exempt from winning the prize. If I happen to end-up in first place, the prize will go to 2nd place, & I will have the Braggin-Rights!!!!! If I end-up in 2nd or lower, 1st place will be the winner. :) After all> I shouldn't be eligible to win my-own Prize!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What-a-guy! :D :D :D He's just too honest.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HTower

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:26 pm

I'll sum up what we have for next year's "Active Forum Member Contest" or AFMC(we need a better name. All of this is subject to change.

A. 100 points - for correctly picking first place
B. 50 points - for correctly picking 2nd place
C. 25 points - for correctly picking 3rd place
D. 5 points bonus - If one of the 3 is Tony, Ryan, or Danica

Eligibility
In order to play this you: have had to be part of the "one point club" this year.......or a poster easily recognized by the group, who has posted numerous times on the other forums

Making your picks
Post on the "One point club" topic before Midnight of the day before the race.

If your post has an "edited by user on [mm-dd-ccyy] [hh-mm] tag showing the post has been edited on the day of the race, you will receive no points. Those with moderator powers that can avoid having the "edited by" tag next to their name will be on the honor system.

Failure to Make Picks
If you fail to make your picks 3 times, you will be dropped from Competition.

The Chase
Points are Doubled During the Chase!

Keeping Score
By Tuesday night following the race the Score Keepers will post the individual point tally and rate them in numerical order for the week and for the season.

Those interested in playing so far:
HTower
jsw14
Ndunn
onerockindoc
smoke14rulez
Annalee
HiddenHollow
Smoke14Wins
NascarNanaOK

Did I miss anything? Hate one of the rules? Need more rules?
Last edited by HTower on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:52 pm

I hate disappoint, but I never said I was interested in this type of format or in the administrators format after this past season.

So please count me out. I have no interest at all except for the forum.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:15 pm

I would have a problem with the "15 times" rule. I pick the same 3 drivers for all 36 races. LOL That's probably why I was awaaaay downnnnn the list. You guys have fun, and I'll stick to the game on the site. (My choice of picks was also probably why I was in the top 25 in 2011. He he)
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

kim92164

Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:02 am

I play every week and I post in the forums. I'm the one who usually stops the conversation.
<<

HTower

Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:54 am

NascarNanaOK wrote:I would have a problem with the "15 times" rule. I pick the same 3 drivers for all 36 races. LOL That's probably why I was awaaaay downnnnn the list. You guys have fun, and I'll stick to the game on the site. (My choice of picks was also probably why I was in the top 25 in 2011. He he)

Would you still play if we got rid of the rule? I was the only one advocating for it.
<<

HTower

Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:58 am

beaverpond wrote:I hate disappoint, but I never said I was interested in this type of format or in the administrators format after this past season.

So please count me out. I have no interest at all except for the forum.

I hope that the chase last year hasn't soured you on NASCAR overall and the rest of us here. Besides, who is going to cook for the 1PC now??? (Please don't take this as anything other than a joke. I value your contributions to the website and was only trying to inject a little humor.)
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:28 pm

I love NASCAR too much to lose interest and I also have a thread going on another website that is pretty popular, but that is a news thread from all news sources that provide anything and everything having to do with NASCAR.

As for this site, I will still be involved with the forum and will pop in for a week here and there to do some cooking. Besides, nobody can do up a seafood feast better than I can. :mrgreen:
Image Image

<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:26 pm

"Would you still play if we got rid of the rule? I was the only one advocating for it."

Don't expect the rules to be changed just for me, but if you do, I'm in. Would you like my picks for the season now? The only reason for me to change them would be because one of my drivers is out for injury, or Nascar parks him, or something like that. LOL

"As for this site, I will still be involved with the forum and will pop in for a week here and there to do some cooking. Besides, nobody can do up a seafood feast better than I can. :mrgreen:"

So glad to hear you say you will be around. Your cooking is one of my faves. Any chance you will be at the Chili Bowl?
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:01 pm

CHILI BOWL >>> WHEN HE!! FREEZES OVER ...I hate chili
Image Image

<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:05 pm

beaverpond wrote:CHILI BOWL >>> WHEN HE!! FREEZES OVER ...I hate chili

Wellllll, you don't have to be so harsh about it;-) I don't think they even sell chili dogs there!
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:36 am

Well I haven't logged in for quite awhile, we have had company! I see a lot of comments on our new points game........ NASCAR Nana "I love Chili and wish I was going too! Have soooo much fun! Hope the weather is good...I think I know who you want to win!
And J if you win, I have a prize for you, besides the bragging rights! Let's keep it simple....... to many rules just complicate things. If NASCAR Nana selects the same every week it should be OK....who knows, her picks maybe be on a real winning streak......at least I hope so ;) . Otherwise we will have to keep track of that......and that is a lot of work. HTower, if I remember right you like to make spread sheets?!? That would be a good way to keep track all of this. I think we have the start of a plan..... :)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

jsw14

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:05 am

I Agree, Lets make it plain & simple. Players MUST Post there picks in the 1-P-C before midnight the day before the race. No limit on useing any driver for any race. We can even make it a 38 race year & pick drivers for the Bud-Shootout & the All-Star races too!! (only if we agree in doin that) That would be cool!! Something to think about>>> "What about players that want to come-in late in the season or after the season starts"??? Just something to think about!!!!!

The Prize for 1st Place Image

p.s. What happend to cmarkey? He must-have received his prize by now!!!!!
"No-Hide-nor-hair of him" :roll: :roll: :roll:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

HTower

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:29 am

Annalee wrote:and that is a lot of work. HTower, if I remember right you like to make spread sheets?!? That would be a good way to keep track all of this. I think we have the start of a plan..... :)

I love spreadsheets! Yes, I was volunteering to keep track of scores with exactly that in mind.

I updated my previous post, removing the driver limit section.

If we want to allow additional players to come in later in the year, we might want to give 1 point to ever person that picks during a week. :idea:

I'm game for making picks for the Bud Shoot Out. The sooner the better!
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing