FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Weekly Picks & The 1 Point Club

<<

ndunn

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Weekly Picks & The 1 Point Club

Now this post made my day. Man I'd stand in line to empty those trash cans. People can be so stupid which really entertains the rest of us. I doubt if I ever forget about how your trash cans turned out to be the local bank. Bless the drunks to cared enough to clean out their cars at the local convience store. :!:
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:20 pm

I remember the one week where the money exceeded my weekly salary, I took my weekly salary and bought gifts for all the employees of the store.

When they asked why...I said, just thank all the drunks I have to deal with. I bought everybody company sweatshirts for working in the cooler because the company would not provide any type of jackets and the cooler was kept in the low to mid 30s.

Yea, I was the boss and worked midnight shift. The Territory Manager would call me ahead of time by a day or two to let me know when he was coming. He and I worked together for 1.5 years before he promoted me to Asst. Territory Manager and we had the largest territory in the company. Basically, I covered all the stores and he covered all the gas stations and heating oil offices within the territory...mainly because those two went hand in hand.

Eventually I bought every employee in the convenience store part of our territory sweatshirts. I used my commission checks to do this. It actually cut down on the amount of sick time being used and the employees were happier. Ours was the only territory doing this. The president of company was not happy at first, but accepted my way of thinking when she heard why I did what I did. She also knows that it did not cost the company anything and they did have the company logo on them and they were the company colors. She encouraged other territory managers and store managers to do the same thing, but nobody was going to be forced to. As far as I know, no other territory ever did this. I do know that we had the lowest turnover rate, the highest customer satisfaction rate, the lowest employee call out rate, and the highest productivity rate. My boss said "it is all due in part of store managers and the Asst. Territory Manager because I sure can't take the credit."
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:59 pm

Your story reminded me of a former neighbor who was a maid in a Sorority House on the Michigan State campus several years ago. The students were so rich and lazy they would toss their underware in a waste basket rather than do their own laundry. Every once in awhile she'd find a sweater or any clothing they didn't like. My neghbor said she wasn't above hauling the things home and washing them. Everything was expensive and only she would know where they came from. My son owned a condo just off the campus here and when he was transfered out of the city he sold it to the parents of a freshman coming to Michigan State. At the time I thought wow what an expense but they would have to pay either to live in the dorms or an apartment. His place had 2 bedrooms so if the girl wanted to she could rent that out. Plus when she graduated Mom and Dad could sell it and probably make money on it. I love it when people can turn around something especially your garbage. Also being decent to employee never hurt anyone. If there is peace and harmony anywhere people will stay and work harder. It's a real shame more people aren't as eventfull as you were Beaverpond.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Well, I made my picks but reserve my right to change them many, many times... :D
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:54 am

Still thinking... ;) :| :| :| :|
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:31 am

Well the Mrs and I have made our picks for the week. I think this is first time I can say we are polar opposites this season. This should be an interesting week. I keep hearing I have the right to change my mind you know.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:08 pm

...interesting to see how/if the repave changes things?
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

duffygoofy

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:17 pm

I made my picks but i will not change them this time. :roll:
ImageImage
<<

jsw14

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Got my Picks picked. Oooo wait wait, I got to go back & change ummmmmm :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

jsw14

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:46 pm

OK, I got my drivers in order now 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:11 pm

Okay, it is nearing THAT time!! This week I have no clue!?! Thought about Kyle or Jamie or Jeff Gordon or Paul Menard or Carl or Ryan or Tony or Denny or Brad or Kasey or"........................ Help! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:42 pm

Annalee wrote:Okay, it is nearing THAT time!! This week I have no clue!?! Thought about Kyle or Jamie or Jeff Gordon or Paul Menard or Carl or Ryan or Tony or Denny or Brad or Kasey or"........................ Help! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I have no clue either. J isn't sharing what the crystal ball with the new batteries said :(

I have the same drivers for last weekend but in a different order. What to do, what to do, what to do :?
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:02 pm

Mrs HH & I each made our picks without telling the other. Then we compared. We ended up picking the same 3 drivers, but in different order. :? :? :?

Go figure! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:53 am

I got
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

jsw14

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:33 am

Sheeeesh, I was rubin, & rubin, & rubin on my crystal ball & nothing happened :roll: :roll: I shut-it down for about an hour. When I turned it back on, it spit-out these 3 drivers:
1- 18
2- 11
3- 24
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing