FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

78 & 18 altercation

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:39 pm

78 & 18 altercation

NASCAR race director David Hoots cued up his radio on the cool-down lap to instruct officials to separate the No. 18 car of Busch and the No. 78 car of Truex. But they filed into the Sprint Cup garage area nose-to-tail, with Busch stopping short behind his Joe Gibbs Racing hauler and initially blocking Truex -- and the rest of the field -- behind them.

Truex dismounted in a hurry and walked the handful of steps to the driver's window of Busch's car and leaned in to engage his rival in a spirited discussion over the late-race events. Truex came up for air, then continued to harangue Busch's crew chief Dave Rogers. Once the dust settled and Truex's car was rolled away, Busch quickly left without comment, but the 78 driver added his take on what transpired.

"We hung in there, fighting for every possible position until Kyle, for whatever reason, ran into the back of me, causing pretty good damage to our car," Truex said. "I passed him clean earlier and then he comes back and hits me from behind. It was totally uncalled for and hard to figure out why he did what he did."

After getting an earful from Truex, Rogers stuck around to comment on the incident and noted that both drivers might have a case for pointing fingers.

"I'll have to go back and watch the film," Rogers said. "Martin and Kyle have always raced each other kind of hard. It's typically clean racing, but it's definitely hard racing. Two sides to every story here. Kyle said that he was expecting Martin to go to the bottom; Kyle was trying to dive bomb the top and get a run on him there in the closing laps. Then Martin went up high, Kyle got on the brakes and just couldn't get it slowed and got in the back of him."

I didn't see the part where truex went & started in on rogers.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:50 pm

Re: 78 & 18 altercation

I don't think they showed that part. I couldn't figure out what was going on unless something happened they didn't show before Kyle punted him.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:47 am

Truex is a no drivin' crybaby....boooo hooooo hoooooo he'll NEVER even be CLOSE to a championship anyway. Who really cares??
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:50 am

Kyle has won more races in a WEEKEND than pissy pants will EVER win in his CAREER....take THAT TC.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:38 am

ahhhhhhhhhhh racing is a soap opera
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

bowtie_4

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:38 am

Rochelle wrote:I don't think they showed that part. I couldn't figure out what was going on unless something happened they didn't show before Kyle punted him.

Video is on nascar.com

Return to NASCAR & Racing