FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Pure Michigan 400

<<

ndunn

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:10 pm

Pure Michigan 400

For those interested I have some good news for Tony and SHR. Today I received my weekly copy of the Brooklyn Exponet from the village of Michigan, MI. where Michigan International Speedway is. I searched the paper and there is nothing regarding Tony or the accident. I will tell what NASCAR news is there tho. There is a picture and story about Austin Dillon and Meryl Davis (Olympic Gold Medalist and winner of the Dancing with the Stars top prize) ice skating. It was done for a media event regarding the race on Sunday. Meryl and her partner Charlie White will be Grand Marshall's for the race. #2 is about Greg Biffle, Carl Edwards and Roush Racing and what is goin on there. #3 is regarding Joey Coulter World Camping Truck driver who was here on "whirldwind tour of area media outlets. There was more about his racing. This is an example of what this home town paper is about. It's family and their interests. jsw14 knows what I'm talking about as he lived in the area. This is call the Irish Hills and is vacation area. More lakes than one can count. My grandparents lived here and my in-laws had a home on one of the lakes. The reason I'm so taken with the newspaper is the fact they didn't harass or belittle Tony. It's family and I wouldn't be surprised if next week one would see a note of what kind of pie Mrs. X had for dessert on Sunday. I also have to toss in a bit about Tony and this paper. A few years back he was at a local bank and was helping a teller band money. He said "she wouldn't leave me to do this alone" and he had a big grin on his face. This may not be exact but one would get the idea how funny it was.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

jdpirate

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: Pure Michigan 400

Love those small-town papers! I grew up in a small town, so am very familiar with these type of papers-- after I moved away, my Mom would save the 2 weekly papers for me and I'd get them when I was home for the weekend--that way I could catch up on all the news/gossip :lol:
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:44 pm

Re: Pure Michigan 400

jdpirate wrote:Love those small-town papers! I grew up in a small town, so am very familiar with these type of papers-- after I moved away, my Mom would save the 2 weekly papers for me and I'd get them when I was home for the weekend--that way I could catch up on all the news/gossip :lol:

This newspaper is something I love to get every week.I hardly know anyone anymore but I do know what they are talking about. One thing I look forward to is they put old picture of the area in and I remember those as I was a child when my grandparents lived there. The paper follows all the local schools sports and what is going on at the schools. Everything they do is local. My newspaper is canned and has news about things in places like a 3rd world country we've never heard of.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.

Return to NASCAR & Racing