FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Truex, Jr to miss practice and qualifying at Michigan

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:02 pm

Truex, Jr to miss practice and qualifying at Michigan

#78-Martin Truex Jr. will miss Friday's practice and qualifying sessions at Michigan International Speedway. Recently, Sherry Pollex, Martin's longtime partner and girlfriend was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Sherry and Martin would like to thank the NASCAR community for all the well wishes. They have requested that everyone respect the family's privacy as Sherry begins her treatment and recovery. Matt Crafton, reigning Camping World Truck Series champion, will sub for Truex on Friday. Truex will join his Furniture Row Racing team Saturday and compete in Sunday's Sprint Cup Series race. Sherry's passion in life is fighting pediatric cancer. To learn more about Sherry's work with children, go to www.martintruexjrfoundation.org. "Everyone at Furniture Row Racing extends their thoughts and prayers to Sherry during her treatment and recovery period," said Joe Garone, Furniture Row Racing General Manager. "She is a devoted supporter of our race team and we can't wait for her return to the track."(Furniture Row Racing)(8-13-2014)
ImageImageImage
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:28 pm

Re: Truex, Jr to miss practice and qualifying at Michigan

I was unaware of her illness. He will be with her where he needs to be. I applaud him and his team owner for putting family first.

I'm not sure how old she is but she's in her 30's at best. She has a fight ahead of her. I hope her youth and strength carry her through this and she comes away with a clean bill of health.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:26 pm

its never a dull moment in the nascar family, hope all goes well....
I miss you Frehley........
<<

jdpirate

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:26 pm

Thoughts and prayers to Sherry and Martin as they go through this....
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

BlackFlag

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:35 pm

Yea, I sure hope she comes through this OK.
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:16 pm

Sherry does so much for Pediatric Cancer with her fashion shows in Charlotte...the kids just love her... I read yesterday that they are trying to link the use of talcum powder with Ovarian cancer...ie Johmson & Johnson baby powder... Yikes how many of us have used J&J Baby Powder..ALOT It's a little scary. Prayers for her recovery......

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

Rachael J

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:28 am

Saw her tweet today: Sherry Pollex ‏@SherryPollex · 8h
Big surgery Friday. Will have my family, friends and @MartinTruex_Jr by my side. Just say a little prayer for me that it goes well.

Prayers to her....
GO PACKERS!
<<

azk8ster

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:10 am

Annalee wrote:Sherry does so much for Pediatric Cancer with her fashion shows in Charlotte...the kids just love her... I read yesterday that they are trying to link the use of talcum powder with Ovarian cancer...ie Johmson & Johnson baby powder... Yikes how many of us have used J&J Baby Powder..ALOT It's a little scary. Prayers for her recovery......

"They" most likely being esteemed members of the legal profession...&%##^(*&* ambulance chasers!

But FAR more importantly, I send prayers and positive thoughts to Sherry, Martin, their families and friends and her medical team. Bless you for your courage for sharing such personal information at such a stressful time, I'm banking that you're unselfishly sharing in order to raise awareness. Thank you!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

kim92164

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:23 am

My prayers go out to Sherry and Martin both. Also, cudos to him for standing by her that says a lot about a man.

Return to NASCAR & Racing