FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Wards Father speaks

<<

jdpirate

Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:24 am

Re: Wards Father speaks

Point well made Schmoopy and I agree, we don't live very far from this track and no one in the racing community believes this is anything more than a racing accident. Why Tony slid up the race track only Tony knows, really doesn't matter it's racing as we know it. Kevin let his emotions get the best of him and unfortunately that's what cost him his life. Sad for all involved, but the truth.
Our folks are tired of the whole ordeal with the media publicity and just wish the investigation was over and the healing process can begin for all.
Exactly, wolfgang! I am glad to at least see it's still not the dominating news in the Rochester media --print and TV.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:08 pm

jdpirate wrote:Point well made Schmoopy and I agree, we don't live very far from this track and no one in the racing community believes this is anything more than a racing accident. Why Tony slid up the race track only Tony knows, really doesn't matter it's racing as we know it. Kevin let his emotions get the best of him and unfortunately that's what cost him his life. Sad for all involved, but the truth.
Our folks are tired of the whole ordeal with the media publicity and just wish the investigation was over and the healing process can begin for all.
Exactly, wolfgang! I am glad to at least see it's still not the dominating news in the Rochester media --print and TV.

Syracuse area has a lot of Dirt tracks in that area as you are probably aware of and we have five Dirt tracks in my immediate area. Drivers are second guessing themselves far as any retaliation goes in the future for fear they may do more than damage a race car or hurt the feelings of another driver who they feel may have wronged them during a race. Conflicts between drivers have been an issue since racing began and makes the racing even more interesting for everyone. Fatal accidents are far and few, but just last year there were three in the WOO and controversy never played a role in any of them. Last Saturday was a freak accident and could very well happen again, no one knows but racing has always been a danger. Safety is of great concern to everyone, but I hope the Dirt Series doesn't get carried away with it. Nascar already ruined a lot of their racing, we don't need it here too.
<<

jdpirate

Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:05 pm

wolfgang wrote:
jdpirate wrote:Point well made Schmoopy and I agree, we don't live very far from this track and no one in the racing community believes this is anything more than a racing accident. Why Tony slid up the race track only Tony knows, really doesn't matter it's racing as we know it. Kevin let his emotions get the best of him and unfortunately that's what cost him his life. Sad for all involved, but the truth.

Syracuse area has a lot of Dirt tracks in that area as you are probably aware of and we have five Dirt tracks in my immediate area. Drivers are second guessing themselves far as any retaliation goes in the future for fear they may do more than damage a race car or hurt the feelings of another driver who they feel may have wronged them during a race. Conflicts between drivers have been an issue since racing began and makes the racing even more interesting for everyone. Fatal accidents are far and few, but just last year there were three in the WOO and controversy never played a role in any of them. Last Saturday was a freak accident and could very well happen again, no one knows but racing has always been a danger. Safety is of great concern to everyone, but I hope the Dirt Series doesn't get carried away with it. Nascar already ruined a lot of their racing, we don't need it here too.

Yeah, wolfgang, I am well aware of the number of dirt tracks in and around the area....been to
some a few times-- mostly Can-AM Speedway (I grew up in Clayton), Watertown Speedway, Fulton, Oswego and Syracuse. Casual fan of Barefoot Bob McCreadie (and Richie Evans, though not dirt racing) until I moved to Rochester and got away from paying attention to racing for quite a few years.
Though conflicts have been around from the start and danger is inherent to the sport, this one accident has sent a ripple effect which only time will tell how the rules will affect the racing and interests of the fans.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing