FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Wards Father speaks

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:37 am

Wards Father speaks

Ward's father speaks: Kevin Ward Sr. spoke ... on Monday. "A situation happened and everybody has their own opinions," Ward Sr. said. "Some are way off, some without a clue and some are very hurtful. A 20-year-old talented driver was killed and that's what we need to focus on ... We've had a lot of messages sent. We are so thankful. If everybody could just pray for us, we'll get through it.

Also

Canandaigua Motorsports Park will resume racing Saturday: Statement from Jeremie Corcoran, Owner/Promoter of Canandaigua Motorsports Park concerning this Saturday August 16th racing: "Up until today I could not even think about another show at Canandaigua Motorsports Park. I spoke to Kevin Ward Sr this morning and he encouraged me to "get back to racing at CMP, Kevin would want you to". I consulted with all my staff also today as well as my family. Everyone has said that we need to begin to heal and that means we need to come together this Saturday night and put on a show in memory of Kevin Jr and support this great sport that we all love. We need to show our support of everyone that was involved and has been affected. "We will be racing this Saturday night at Canandaigua Motorsports Park to show the world how strong we are as a racing family! How we can grieve together and come together. I ask that everyone wear something Orange to display our unity! We will be doing something special at the track on Saturday night. "I want to thank everyone for the integrity you have shown in your comments on our Facebook page and for the support you have given my family, all my staff, every racer, and all the fans that have been deeply affected. I am forever grateful"(Canandaigua Motorsports Park Facebook page.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:08 am

Re: Wards Father speaks

i seen this earlier on FB.... its a good thing to get the races started back up, im sure it will be tough, but it will make them feel better, as of right now, still no word on tony bein at Michigan, you know people will be glad to have him back, then there will be the people that will be angry that he is back,
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:07 am

michaeljohn wrote:i seen this earlier on FB.... its a good thing to get the races started back up, im sure it will be tough, but it will make them feel better, as of right now, still no word on tony bein at Michigan, you know people will be glad to have him back, then there will be the people that will be angry that he is back,

I have been around racing my entire life. (literally) My home track is a dirt track, & I was there back when I was in diapers & with any luck will be back there when I go back to diapers LOL

One thing I am certain of no matter if you think to place blame on one driver or the other or both or neither. I know this. There is no way any race car driver, & I mean none! Would ever run over another race car driver intentionally. I don't care if the two drivers hated each other for decades. This would never happen. Anyone that's been close to racing knows this in their hearts no matter how upset they are with this scenario. In this case. Even the Ward family doesn't think he did it intentionally. I don't even think that is even truly in the discussion. (except a few attention whores)
So for those looking for answers or to place fault. Intentionally isn't on the table.

I am sure Tony will take some grief from some, but don't think when he comes back, no one (that counts) will be saying he did anything intentionally. That's just asinine. & everyone close to racing knows that.
ImageImageImage
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:18 pm

More from Kevin Ward Sr.:

Tony Stewart's actions questioned

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- The father of the driver struck by Tony Stewart's car told The Syracuse Post-Standard that "there's no reason for" the crash that led to his son's death.

Kevin Ward Jr. was sent into the wall when his car was bumped by Stewart's in a dirt track race on Saturday night at Canandaigua Motorsports Park. Ward got out of his car and walked onto the track, where he was hit by Stewart's car.

Kevin Ward Sr. tells the newspaper that "Tony Stewart was the best #### driver by far on the track that night. Why he had to go up as high as he did and hog my son, there's no reason for it."

When the 20-year-old Ward got out of his damaged car, he walked on the track and appeared to point at Stewart. Other cars drove past him, but Stewart's right-rear tire appeared to hit him and drag him along the track.

"Apparently, Tony Stewart was the only one driving out there who didn't see him," Ward told the newspaper.

Ontario County sheriff Philip C. Povero said in a statement Tuesday that the investigation into Ward's death is expected to continue for at least another two weeks, if not longer.

No charges have been filed against Stewart, but they are still possible.

Ward Sr. also addressed that in his interview with the newspaper, saying: "The one person that knows what happened that night is possibly facing 10 years in prison. Is he going to say what he done?"

Racing at Canandaigua is expected to resume Saturday.

:arrow: http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/ ... in-ward-jr
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:50 pm

im not a parent so i can only imagine what its like to have a son or daughter pass, so i dont take the comments he says to heart, he is hurting and lets face it is natural to place blame on the other person, so i hope the tony fans and the ward jr fans see this and not use it as more ammo, the families get a pass because they are grieving, the last few days have shown there are no winners in this debate
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:28 pm

I had only seen the article posted by HH. My first thought was that this family needs a spokesperson, it is probably not in their best interest to speak directly to the media. I'm not trying to place blame on them, they are in a great deal of pain and want to lash out. I just don't think it's in their best interest.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

Searchers

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:33 pm

Another consideration when talking about what the media puts out is the fact that they tend to dramatize as much as they can and often do that by the type and context of what they release while leaving other statements out.

What I am saying is to consider the source beyond the listed parent. The media wants to grab as many readers / viewers as it can.

Prime example of that is the misleading headlines on a lot of the stories lately.
<<

HTower

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:10 pm

It's difficult for me to NOT dissect what the article is reporting the family said. Instead, I will simply agree with doc, they need a spokesperson to speak with the media.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:23 pm

maybe they cant afford to have a PR person or a lawyer speak for them
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:11 pm

I couldn't even imagine losing one of my kids before I go.
I have lost people close to me though & I know people will ask why & play the what if game for years to come (maybe even forever for some) when tragedy strikes.

One thing I know when a parent is on the subject of losing their child. I don't care if it is the next day or 20 years later. I will never hold what they say against them on that subject. (not even sure you can get over that type of loss)

So I don't think a spokesperson would be necessary. Don't think a parent cares to be careful with their words, nor even wants to be. I think everyone else should carry the burden of understanding their situation.
ImageImageImage
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:40 pm

Schmoop, I hope my comment didn't come off uncaring or criticizing of Mr Ward. Like you I cannot fathom losing a child at any age. He is certainly entitled to speak his mind.

I only felt as though a family member or friend would have suggested a spokesperson be named and all things media involved run through that person as this is a highly charged situation.

Everyone has an opinion about the guilt, innocence and intent of both Tony and Kevin Ward. Answers will not come any time soon, if ever. I'm keeping both the Ward and Stewart families in my thoughts.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

jdpirate

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:16 pm

Words said in grief... I understand, but wish that they hadn't talked with the media yet--- the calling hours are today/tonight with the funeral tomorrow, so still a very emotionally charged response.
Just hope their healing process starts soon.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:24 pm

he had the right to say it, whether people agree with him or not, people here dont want us to judge tony, for we arent walking in his shoes, same goes for the Ward family, and lets not forget the midia is a bunch of pigs they prey on people who went through a tragedy, keep in mind the Ward family live in a town of 700 people not many places to hide
<<

jdpirate

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:32 pm

michaeljohn wrote:he had the right to say it, whether people agree with him or not, people here dont want us to judge tony, for we arent walking in his shoes, same goes for the Ward family, and lets not forget the midia is a bunch of pigs they prey on people who went through a tragedy, keep in mind the Ward family live in a town of 700 people not many places to hide

Apparently they only spoke with the Syracuse paper. I read that they refused interviews with other media.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:47 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:i seen this earlier on FB.... its a good thing to get the races started back up, im sure it will be tough, but it will make them feel better, as of right now, still no word on tony bein at Michigan, you know people will be glad to have him back, then there will be the people that will be angry that he is back,

I have been around racing my entire life. (literally) My home track is a dirt track, & I was there back when I was in diapers & with any luck will be back there when I go back to diapers LOL

One thing I am certain of no matter if you think to place blame on one driver or the other or both or neither. I know this. There is no way any race car driver, & I mean none! Would ever run over another race car driver intentionally. I don't care if the two drivers hated each other for decades. This would never happen. Anyone that's been close to racing knows this in their hearts no matter how upset they are with this scenario. In this case. Even the Ward family doesn't think he did it intentionally. I don't even think that is even truly in the discussion. (except a few attention whores)
So for those looking for answers or to place fault. Intentionally isn't on the table.

I am sure Tony will take some grief from some, but don't think when he comes back, no one (that counts) will be saying he did anything intentionally. That's just asinine. & everyone close to racing knows that.

Point well made Schmoopy and I agree, we don't live very far from this track and no one in the racing community believes this is anything more than a racing accident. Why Tony slid up the race track only Tony knows, really doesn't matter it's racing as we know it. Kevin let his emotions get the best of him and unfortunately that's what cost him his life. Sad for all involved, but the truth.
Our folks are tired of the whole ordeal with the media publicity and just wish the investigation was over and the healing process can begin for all.
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing