FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

JGR prepping for Edwards' arrival

<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:15 pm

JGR prepping for Edwards' arrival

Could there be a change in the crew chief line up at Joe Gibbs Racing? Before Darian Grubb found himself on sabbatical following infractions on the #11 Toyota in the Brickyard 400, there was chatter of a crew chief shuffle at JGR for 2015 in the advent of Carl Edwards' arrival. Over the last four months, JGR has been recruiting for the fourth team for Edwards - which is expected to be supported by Toyota Care, Subway and a sponsor that's currently with another driver. But could Grubb be a candidate to lead Edwards' crew? "They're trying to put together the race teams and everything but I haven't noticed anything being different for us," Denny Hamlin said. "I think literally that will be an October question more so than right now because all the crew chiefs are so worried about how we're going to run in the Chase. We haven't had those discussions one-on-one yet."(Motorsports)(8-10-2014)

hmmm so there is a team out there that will lose a sponsor for next year....
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Re: JGR prepping for Edwards' arrival

Honestly, I'm not surprised that Subway would follow Carl. I wonder if Toyota Care sponsors him will they still sponsor KBM though? Also I think Carl and Darian could be a really good fit. I'm just wondering who might Denny be working with then? I was thinking they might move Dave Rogers over and bring Adam Stevens up to cup with Kyle. I'm not sure however. It will be interesting to see what happens.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:50 pm

yes there are many options JGR can go, i personally didnt think the two new SHR drivers would have the success they had, so i get worried when a team expands and the other teams may suffer, i remember in the summer, the rumor was m&ms ( the first post mentions a sponsor already in the sport) went with carl and monster jumps up to cup with kyle, so it will be interesting to see how this pans out, i dont know much about the JGR CC's to comment..
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:21 pm

Silly Season discussions at the Crew Chief level...not unusual, but you know this has to bothering them a little.

but, but, but...I don't want to work with him.......you will work with him because I said you will work with him.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

bowtie_4

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:59 am

beaverpond wrote:Silly Season discussions at the Crew Chief level...not unusual, but you know this has to bothering them a little.

but, but, but...I don't want to work with him.......you will work with him because I said you will work with him.

"Take This Job and Shove It, I Ain't Working Here No More" ....... if you're a decent to great cc, you can almost write your own ticket.
Good cc are not tht many. just sayin :-)
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:52 am

So you want to explain Tony Gibson
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

bowtie_4

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:04 pm

beaverpond wrote:So you want to explain Tony Gibson

well, no! :-)
<<

jdpirate

Post Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:03 am

From Jayski....

Gibbs to hold press conference Tuesday: According to Joe Gibbs Racing, they will hold a press conference Tuesday, August 19 at 10:00am/et and "this unprecedented announcement will have impact across four NASCAR racing series."(Joe Gibbs Racing)
AND Joe Gibbs Racing will announce Carl Edwards as its fourth Sprint Cup driver for the 2015 season next Tuesday. However, the bigger news appears to involve Daniel Suarez, the 22-year-old darling of the NASCAR Drive for Diversity program, who will drive for JGR in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. Suarez, of Monterrey, Mexico, currently leads the NASCAR Mexico Toyota Series where he has nine victories in 52 career starts including four this season. Suarez has made dramatic improvement since joining the tour and has led 1,084 of the 7,790 laps raced. Suarez made his first career Nationwide Series start for JGR at Richmond in the #20 Toyota. Suarez qualified 12th and finished 19th. He completed all but one lap.(Motorsport)(8-15-2014)
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:45 am

UPDATE: Carl Edwards will be introduced on Tuesday as Joe Gibbs Racing newest driver in the Sprint Cup Series beginning in the 2015 season, multiple sources confirmed Monday night. That much isn't a big surprise. However, JGR will also be welcoming a new sponsor to NASCAR - Arris - which will adorn Edwards' #19 Toyota for roughly half the season. Arris is a communications technology company specializing in the design and engineering of broadband networks. Arris' involvement in NASCAR will go far behind just sponsorship of Edwards. Details will be announced during Tuesday morning's news conference at JGR headquarters in Huntersville, N.C.(Charlotte Observer)
AND The press conference will be covered live on SiriusXM Radio Channel 90 and NASCAR.com.(8-19-2014)
Last edited by Outlaw7841 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:47 am

UPDATE: Carl Edwards will be introduced on Tuesday as Joe Gibbs Racing newest driver in the Sprint Cup Series beginning in the 2015 season, multiple sources confirmed Monday night. That much isn't a big surprise. However, JGR will also be welcoming a new sponsor to NASCAR - Arris - which will adorn Edwards' #19 Toyota for roughly half the season. Arris is a communications technology company specializing in the design and engineering of broadband networks. Arris' involvement in NASCAR will go far behind just sponsorship of Edwards. Details will be announced during Tuesday morning's news conference at JGR headquarters in Huntersville, N.C.(Charlotte Observer)
AND The press conference will be covered live on SiriusXM Radio Channel 90 and NASCAR.com.(8-19-2014)

<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:53 am

is that how his # will appear? i read about it last nite on jayski had to click the link to the new sponsor to see who they were, its great to see a new sponsor in the sport.
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:23 pm

michaeljohn wrote:is that how his # will appear? i read about it last nite on jayski had to click the link to the new sponsor to see who they were, its great to see a new sponsor in the sport.

Yes it will be. But does anyone know where I can see the announcement? I missed it and would like to actually watch it.
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 pm

Here's what it may look like on a car. This is from around 2005-ish from when Tony ran the 19 DLP car at Charlotte in October.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:37 pm

i know nascar.com has a video up, dunno if its the full length.....
<<

Tinker

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:47 pm

I feel bad for Matt...He just got away from Edwards.
Can Matt have his spot back at Roush, please
“Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.” ~ John Wayne
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing