FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dale Jr losing National Guard sponsorship

<<

ndunn

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:55 pm

Re: Dale Jr losing National Guard sponsorship

I felt bad for Ryan when the military dropped as his sponsor. He was dedicated to this sponsor and did quite a large amount of exposure for them. I thought at the time Earnhardt might lose out but it didn't happen right away. I've always wondered what the object was in Old Spice dropping Tony. What they said was the new management wanted to go the NFL route. I never watch football so I don't know if they did or not. They lost a championship and I don't think anyone felt too sorry for them. :roll:
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:04 pm

if old spice thought it economically fit stay in racing they would have, more people watch the nfl then nascar so it broadens their consumer base, ive used old spice since 1992 its a good product
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:22 pm

I actually can see why National Guard is pulling out. All the government politics causing issues about money even though they get to vote on there raises, that's really fair, so I can see why it happened. Funny how they affected nascar. Remember Winston Cup. Government made the tobacco companies stop there sponsorships. RJReynolds dumped tons of money in the sport. Rick mast, Harry Gant, and Jimmy Spencer all effected by this. They all bounced back a bit anyway. When companies like Budweiser/Miller/Lowes pull out then it will be time to worry. I do feel for the smaller teams as some of you have mentioned.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:27 pm

there is only one team that has a full time sponsor and that is team 48
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:18 pm

Of all the drivers, Jr has the least to worry about when it comes to sponsors. That wasn't my point. My point was, what about the contract that is signed for sponsorship through 2015?
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

jdpirate

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:46 pm

michaeljohn wrote:there is only one team that has a full time sponsor and that is team 48

For now it does. But sponsorship depends on economy and sales. Lowe's is not a company that will keep putting out $$$$$$$$ if they start having financial problems. Not saying they are--just that they are as vulnerable as any company. There have been a few big $$ sponsors that have gone by the wayside over the last few years. Unfortunately, it can happen to anyone.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:32 pm

not counting the money the put into HMS, they also have a budget of 60 million dollars set aside for race events and promotions, they been in the sport solidly since 1994 and there have been some lean years with the US economy, but they held strong, plus they do get a lot back in return because of the success of the 48 team, every time their contract is up there is always talk they are pulling out of the sport, but the always re-up and will continue to do so as long as JJ and the 48 team have continued success..

it was documented with all the air time JJ gets and how they show the car, even when it runs crappy, it came to like 30 million advertising dollars.
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:35 am

The sponsors don't make money at all off the moving billboard, it's an advertisement write 0ff like anywhere else.
The money our government was #### away on Jr. can be better spent on our veterans! ;)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:01 am

wolfgang wrote:The sponsors don't make money at all off the moving billboard, it's an advertisement write 0ff like anywhere else.
The money our government was #### away on Jr. can be better spent on our veterans! ;)

well if they are #### it away on Jr then they need to stop #### it away in indy and NHRA, its not just one man
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:26 am

Lowe's has had it problems just like everyone else. My grandson worked there part time while he was in college. They cut staff and also cut hours. Since my grandson has gone on I don't know what the status is except in our area I believe they are financially better.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

BlackFlag

Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:59 pm

Dale Jr. can afford to sponsor himself.
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:19 pm

BlackFlag wrote:Dale Jr. can afford to sponsor himself.

he said in a interview today, he personally wants YOUR money........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:13 pm

I know that Lowes closed 11 stores in Maine a couple of years ago because they could not meet the corporate sales quota set for each store. So they closed with no notice to the employees and customers and leaving only a notice on the window on the doors for the incoming shift that was due to report to work for the incoming shift position or incoming shaft position. There was a lot of flack with the Dept of Labor on the way this was done or should I say the improper way this was done.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:36 pm

well they arent the first company (employee owned) that has done something like that, its the nature of the beast, i have no loyalty to Lowes, i have loyalty to whomever can give me the cheapest price for what i want.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:41 pm

all tho kobalt has some really nice tools, so i do kinda like them
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing