FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ESPN cancels "NASCAR Now".

<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:52 pm

ESPN cancels "NASCAR Now".

The popular daily news show which launched in 2007 and was the first program on ESPN devoted strictly to NASCAR has been on hiatus since the start of World Cup Soccer started last week Network spokesperson Andy Hall said ESPN "just decided to make a change in the programming schedule." And although ESPN will not be an official broadcast partner beyond 2014 as FOX and NBC takeover the entire schedule Hall added the move was "totally unrelated to our telecast of NASCAR races. "We will continue to present the race telecasts at the same high level fans expect from ESPN for the remainder of our final season," Hall said. ""We will continue to aggressively cover NASCAR across our news platforms, including SportsCenter, ESPN.com and others" (like Jayski.com).(Motorsport)(6-23-2014)
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:36 pm

Re: ESPN cancels "NASCAR Now".

Might as well, half the time it isn't on when it's suppose to be anyways. Fox aggravates me as well, if I wanted to hear about other sports, i'd tune into that! :evil:
I Miss Dave Despain!
<<

azk8ster

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:10 am

I'm a night owl (case in point, it's after 1 am as I type), and even I wouldn't stay up until 2:30 am to watch...when you set something up to fail, why even bother trying?

I really will miss most of the ESPN personalities next year. I cringe thinking about Rick Allen and his uber-fake enthusiasm being the race - caller for NBC!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:57 am

azk8ster wrote:I'm a night owl (case in point, it's after 1 am as I type), and even I wouldn't stay up until 2:30 am to watch...when you set something up to fail, why even bother trying?

I really will miss most of the ESPN personalities next year. I cringe thinking about Rick Allen and his uber-fake enthusiasm being the race - caller for NBC!

-i never really thought of Allen's enthusiasm as uber fake, but you might be right there, but i like him better than the fox boys...
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:15 pm

I miss Dave Displain also. He always was interested in his guest. Not all host are like that.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Searchers

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:31 pm

We all lost big time when we lost the SPEED Channel.

But ESPN had been playing "hide the racing show" with NASCAR Now for so long I cannot remember the last time I watched it.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:26 pm

Searchers wrote:We all lost big time when we lost the SPEED Channel.

But ESPN had been playing "hide the racing show" with NASCAR Now for so long I cannot remember the last time I watched it.

ya its been like that since last year, total waste, i think it offends people at espn to give any time to nascar, but they have like 5 different football shows a week, meaningless radio shows and that stupid stephen smith and skip baylis show on for 4 hrs a day....
<<

Searchers

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:14 pm

michaeljohn wrote:

ya its been like that since last year, total waste, i think it offends people at espn to give any time to nascar, but they have like 5 different football shows a week, meaningless radio shows and that stupid stephen smith and skip baylis show on for 4 hrs a day....

It really makes me wonder if NASCAR racing carries that many loyal fans anymore. I mean why would a sports TV network spit in the face of a gigantic fan base and for all intent & purpose tell the NASCAR fans to get lost?

Maybe is it much less than we, who are really into NASCAR racing, realize.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:18 pm

good question..........

no matter how far nascar has evolved, many think of it as a regional sport... maybe they dont wanna pay for a sport that give companies free air time, i have no clue..........
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:30 pm

michaeljohn wrote:

I like First Take with Stephen A and Skip.

I did watch NASCAR Now a few times and really could care less about it. besides for those that did watch you won't have to hear Ricky Craven go on and on with "expertise"

At least we still Race Hub. That is still probably my favorite show for NASCAR racing. Also that Trotta girl is hot.
<<

jdpirate

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:12 pm

I may be wrong---I don't know --just a guess as we've been there before , but some of it could be related to access.... Anyone remember when certain broadcasting channels (wasn't ESPN one?) weren't allowed in/at the track (could be outside the track) because of whatever company had the broadcasting rights? Since NBC has the rights and ESPN is ABC-affiliated(I think)....some of the same crap could be happening again.
I'm living my life the way I want to.... Tony Stewart
[]Never Quit...... Marcus Luttrell

Return to NASCAR & Racing