FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Home Depot out of NASCAR after this year....

<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:19 pm

Home Depot out of NASCAR after this year....

From Jayski's also seen at NASCAR on FOX.....

Home Depot leaving NASCAR at end of 2014: Home Depot, which has been a primary NASCAR sponsor since 1999 on the #20 car, will leave the sport after its contract with Joe Gibbs Racing ends this season, said sources familiar with Home Depot's plans.(Sports Business Journal), Matt Kenseth drives the #20 Toyota for JGR.(6-23-2014)

A little more........

Once a staple on the Sprint Cup Series track, Home Depot will end its NASCAR sponsorship after the 2014 season, according to a report in this week's SportsBusiness Journal.

A primary sponsor at Joe Gibbs Racing since 1999 with drivers Tony Stewart, Joey Logano and Matt Kenseth, Home Depot had reduced its commitment to the team and NASCAR over the past three years. This season, Home Depot shifted its priority on the No. 20 Toyota to its Husky brand of tools.

The report also indicated Dollar General, already a primary sponsor on Kenseth's No. 20 for 27 races, could step up to fill the void left by Home Depot.

According to the report, both Home Depot and JGR declined comment on the situation.

JGR is at the center of many NASCAR 'Silly Season' rumors, as it is expected Carl Edwards will join the team for the 2014 season in a fourth car.

Team president J.D. Gibbs told FOXSports.com this weekend at Sonoma that M&M's, primary sponsor on Kyle Busch's No. 18 car, is signed for next year.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:17 pm

Re: Home Depot out of NASCAR after this year....

So no back-flipping M&M's next year. ;)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:29 pm

thats a bummer, Matty has done a solid job for JGR since being there, but Dollar General is going to step up, so that is awesome to hear.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:35 pm

Home Depot is having financial issues and I would come to believe this is the only reason they would pull the plug in Nascar.
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:40 pm

wolfgang wrote:Home Depot is having financial issues and I would come to believe this is the only reason they would pull the plug in Nascar.

Just a guess....but I'd say it has something to do with their service...or lack thereof.
Can't stand how little you get in this regard at Home Depot.
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:29 am

All I can say is I sure hope Matty has full sponsorship from Dollar General or they can get how ever many races they need covered. I say go after the duck and leave flipper out in some rip tide... :twisted:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:04 am

Since Bob Nardelli left....Home Depot has gone down hill in their customer service....I love their Behr paint, but their customer service .......not so much!! They gave me the cut out card board of Tony......but all the really nice employee 's don't work there any more...And it is really hard to find someone to answer questions...

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:16 am

Hate to say it, but lately, I have been finding better prices at Lowe's than HD for the exact same items. I've also been finding items at Lowe's that I couldn't find at HD.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:43 pm

Jellikit wrote:
wolfgang wrote:Home Depot is having financial issues and I would come to believe this is the only reason they would pull the plug in Nascar.

Just a guess....but I'd say it has something to do with their service...or lack thereof.
Can't stand how little you get in this regard at Home Depot.

Couldn't agree more, they were great when they first came to our area and now it's like they're doing you a favor "if" you can find anyone to help you. Once Lowes came into the area, they put a hurting on them. I'm sure Lowes won't be much better in the long run, a lot of our old hardware stores are coming back again. Found both Lowes and Home Depot sell a lot of seconds and the prices aren't really all that great as they once were.
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:49 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:Hate to say it, but lately, I have been finding better prices at Lowe's than HD for the exact same items. I've also been finding items at Lowe's that I couldn't find at HD.

Same here for me HH, I go to our local hardware store/lumber yard for the big stuff, Lowes for the small or quick stuff. The exact same Anderson windows I bought from Home Depot were the same price as our local store-but the ones from HD had blemishes in them I didn't see till I got them in, I bought the rest from Curtis Lumber. :shock:
<<

tlmerk

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:14 pm

Annalee wrote:Since Bob Nardelli left....Home Depot has gone down hill in their customer service....I love their Behr paint, but their customer service .......not so much!! They gave me the cut out card board of Tony......but all the really nice employee 's don't work there any more...And it is really hard to find someone to answer questions...

Annalee! So jealous of the cardboard cutout. I remember my husband asked Office Depot for one for me but they said no. I thought it was nice he asked for me though. I have always liked Lowes more than HD as far as shopping for things like plants and Christmas items...I've even bought Xmas trees from Lowes in NV. They have a guarantee on their plants and for one weekend a season they have 50% off on all Christmas outdoor decorations (in the middle of the season) so we've scores some great deals. Unfortunately, there's only an HD in my area now so I miss Lowes.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

TishR

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:48 pm

Just curious because HD is not having financial problems because they don't have any employees to provide customer service. I don't like Lowe's because it seems like they never have what I need or are so over priced and I have not been to HD since I moved back to Ohio 4 years ago. I hate to say this but around here Menard's is the place to go. They have everything and it is reasonably priced.
Tish
<<

Midniteflyer

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:54 pm

Home Depot the Walmart of the home improvement business................ never have what you want or is out of stock.
Not how fast you get from Point "A" to Point "B" it is how much fun you have getting there
<<

BlackFlag

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:46 pm

I've never cared for Home Depot at all. Seems like their stores are always dirty to me.
I love going to Lowe's. Nice and clean and I know where everything is.
If they'd only switch their sponsorship to one of the SHR cars, all would be perfect! :)
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.

Return to NASCAR & Racing