FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Nascar TV coverage soon to get worse.

<<

racer1

Post Thu May 29, 2014 11:07 am

Nascar TV coverage soon to get worse.

From Jayski--for those complaining about Fox Nascar coverage-- its going to get WORSE. Take notice the loose term "marquee" used regarding this "bottom of the barrel" announcer line up-- in my opinion-- although Iam sure opinions vary? Truth is--this group is probably all they could get for what little they are willing to pay considering how low their ratings are?? The good-- its only for 6 weeks of races. :lol: :lol:

"•TNT Revs Up for NASCAR Coverage: TNT's presentation of the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will feature all-access coverage throughout the six-week NASCAR Summer Series. TNT's coverage will start Sunday, June 8, at Pocono, continuing throughout the summer-------------------. The network will return its marquee commentator crew with analysts Petty, Dallenbach and McReynolds joining play-by-play announcer Adam Alexander for each race."

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20140529a
Last edited by racer1 on Thu May 29, 2014 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Searchers

Post Thu May 29, 2014 11:13 am

Re: Nascar TV coverage soon to get worse.

I am looking forward to the change.

Only fly in the ointment is we will still have McReynolds screaming his point of view at even more opportunities without DW trying to hog the microphone.
<<

racer1

Post Thu May 29, 2014 12:04 pm

Discussing Nascar announcers I found this on how Nascar announcers were rated by fans--interesting? Some have high votes in both best & worst categorys. DW is 4th in Best & #1 in worst along with his brother MW #2 in worst with K Petty 3rd in worst. TNT announcers Dallenbach is clearly not a fan favorite nor is Alexander almost at the bottom of the list. Surprising is that McReynolds who many here don't like is near the top in favorites along with Bestwick. Mike Joy is clearly the favorite in this vote for what it matters? 8-)

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/stor ... kyle-petty

<<

Rochelle

Post Thu May 29, 2014 11:29 pm

Anybody on this website participate in this vote?
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri May 30, 2014 3:27 am

I did and the three that I gave the highest worst ratings were...DW, MW, and KP. As for my favorites I voted for MJ, DJ, and AB...but that was just my opinion.
<<

Annalee

Post Fri May 30, 2014 4:20 pm

Allen Bestwick was just snatched up by Indy cars..... :( :( .....but Wally Dallenbach is my favorite.....so I am happy, if I remember Schmoopy likes him too!

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

Searchers

Post Fri May 30, 2014 4:36 pm

I used to like Mike Joy but he has been contaminated by his two partners.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri May 30, 2014 10:25 pm

Hey? How come my Rusty is only 6th? ?

That can't be right .... ( hee hee hee ) ...

but then again ... I DID read it on the internet, so ... ;-)

SHOCKED SHOCKED SHOCKED to see Big Bad Brad on the very bottom, as he is a fav of mine.

Two of the best PROFESSIONALS have been - #1 Mike Joy and #2 Wally D. These two guys have had the ability ( and I also include Brad here ) to remain completely professional .. . and yet entertaining to listen to. The rest have tried to insert "personalities" into the job ... and quite frankly, haven't seen one succeed, in my book anyway, yet. :-(

Cut the crap, give us the facts and spare us your glory day stories and lame jokes. ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Searchers

Post Fri May 30, 2014 11:04 pm

smokieonefour wrote:Hey? How come my Rusty is only 6th? ?

SHOCKED SHOCKED SHOCKED to see Big Bad Brad on the very bottom, as he is a fav of mine.

Two of the best PROFESSIONALS have been - #1 Mike Joy and #2 Wally D. These two guys have had the ability ( and I also include Brad here ) to remain completely professional .. . and yet entertaining to listen to. The rest have tried to insert "personalities" into the job ... and quite frankly, haven't seen one succeed, in my book anyway, yet. :-(

Cut the crap, give us the facts and spare us your glory day stories and lame jokes. ;-)

Smokieonefour,
I would have agreed with you on Mike Joy up to this year. But for whatever reason he has tried way too hard to be part of the Boogity & Has Went team. Even though DW pretty much ignores him and Larry only has eyes for Mr. Back in the Day. For years he was one of my favorites too.
<<

bmpnrun

Post Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:00 pm

I wish the commentator for the truck races could take a go at it ALONE or at least be the leader for the Nationwide and Sprint cup races. Don't know why they had to put mw in there, just another nascar duh.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:04 pm

its really not up to nascar who is in the tv booth...... rick allen will be the lead commentator when nascar joins nbc next year.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Jellikit

Post Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:26 am

smokieonefour wrote:Hey? How come my Rusty is only 6th? ?

Wally is great and I like Mike Joy, as it appears most viewers do.
But Brad, Smokie? I'm just not a fan. I can see why he's at the bottom.
Opinions vary. ;)

Return to NASCAR & Racing