FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Biffle leaving Roush

<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue May 27, 2014 11:59 am

Biffle leaving Roush

While all eyes have been on #16-Greg Biffle's teammate, #99-Carl Edwards, to be the biggest domino to fall, could Biffle actually be the one to set everything in motion? As recently as April, the 44-year-old stated his intention was to stay at Roush Fenway Racing and that a new deal was imminent. "We've been working pretty diligently on that," he told Frontstretch back then. "It has been a pretty good negotiation so far. There are a lot of new people on both sides of the table, so everyone is kind of getting a feel for the program and learning it. We feel pretty good that we'll have something to announce before we get to summer." But as May rolled around, warm weather looming Biffle suddenly sounded colder, less confident in his status for the future. "I think there's plenty of opportunities in the industry to be in competitive cars," he said in an interview on SiriusXM Radio earlier this month. "I enjoy being at Roush Fenway. I love 3M. We have a great relationship and the program works really, really well for 3M ... Plain and simple, I've got options. I know I'm going to be racing. I know I'm going to be driving a car. So I'm not worried."
Supposedly things have deteriorated from there. Despite saying two weeks ago in Kansas Biffle was "absolutely, 100%" not looking outside his current organization, I've learned that's not the case. Sources claim the driver's plans lie elsewhere for 2015, that he is actively seeking other employment and that the feeling is mutual. One link in particular, direct to the Roush organization who wished to remain anonymous said he's been told the future for Biffle involves "anything but" RFR, the only NASCAR team he's really driven for. If the driver, a Roush Cup full-timer since 2003, does not return next year, speculation has been rampant that he will take sponsor 3M with him. A red flag went up about that possibility on Saturday, when RFR announced that they planned to return their #6 to the track next year. Owner Jack Roush said that he plans for the new team, driven by Trevor Bayne, to be a fourth car, but it's also possible he's prepping to lose financial backing for 2015.(Frontstretch)(5-27-2014)
<<

jdpirate

Post Tue May 27, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: Biffle leaving Roush

Interesting.... silly season starts now
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

racer1

Post Tue May 27, 2014 1:29 pm

Surprising somewhat but silly season may not be over?
<<

Annalee

Post Tue May 27, 2014 5:40 pm

I do believe Biffle is leaving Rousch and I think he's taking 3m with him.....Now where can he go??
If Carl goes to JGR and I think that is a pretty good rumor, that eliminates JGR.....

1.Penske as a third car......maybe!! it's Ford.....Ford likes Biffle and JPM is driving the 12 car partime this year, maybe they are getting ready for a third team next year with Biffle
2. MWR as a third team...he has a sponsor in 3m, they have the room
3. Maybe, maybe Furniture Row with Truex.....??? :roll:
4. Maybe RCR as a fourth team.....getting ready for Ty
5. Richard Petty....?!?

Lots of possibilities......

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

bowtie_4

Post Tue May 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Well 3M won't be on Trevors car, he has a full-time sponsor, Advocare, in the #6 car.
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue May 27, 2014 8:35 pm

The same rumors as last season, huh? :lol:
Don't blame the Biff if he does leave,if he can find a better home that is, and RCR isn't it.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue May 27, 2014 8:50 pm

could see Penske or MWR if he brings sponsors with him, but don't count out EGR or whatever Ganassi is called now. I could see them going to a 3rd team.
ImageImageImage
<<

14Smokem

Post Tue May 27, 2014 8:56 pm

I am kind of surprised at the comments here.
Do y'all think the other potential rides are
better than Roush (Penske excluded)???

AND, do you think he will fair better there..??

I would think Biff has attained the top rung on his ladder.

I've been thinking he should be over grateful for the ride he has..!!

JMHO
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue May 27, 2014 9:03 pm

14Smokem wrote:I am kind of surprised at the comments here.
Do y'all think the other potential rides are
better than Roush (Penske excluded)???

AND, do you think he will fair better there..??

I would think Biff has attained the top rung on his ladder.

I've been thinking he should be over grateful for the ride he has..!!

JMHO
the cat in the hat is kind of a cheap scape. It could be a financial thing for the biff. He took a huge pay cut the last time he resigned with Roush. Honesty though Roush hasn't looked all that great the last couple seasons. Penske & Roush use the same power plant & Penske seems light years better right now. Edwards is the only one there that can get a consistently good finishes, & if he is leaving, who would Biffle trade notes with? Stenhouse & Bayne? I wouldn't blame the Biff for leaving if the rumors are true. Roush is looking more & more like Yates when they slowly started to diminish as a team until they were just gone. back in the day Yates was the ford team to be on!
ImageImageImage
<<

Searchers

Post Tue May 27, 2014 10:22 pm

I would put my $ on a bet for Penske. Ford likes Biffle and if he can bring the sponsor Penske would have to seriously look at him if they are considering a third team.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue May 27, 2014 10:57 pm

You guys all make valid points. The comment about Biffle being on the top of the cat's totem pole is spot on but maybe more than any owner in the garage Jack demands the sponsor, the drive and most importantly the result. Not sure Biffle has truly performed and met that criteria.

Not sure where he ends up or if he is able to take his sponsor with him like so many do. The Roush young guns better step it up if The Biff and Flipper both leave the fold.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue May 27, 2014 11:30 pm

Sorry, just don't see Sniffle as a good investment. Has never really done much and I doubt that will change. Couldn't care less where flipper goes, just do not want him with my boys at JGR. Don't much car for Roush either, much ado about nothing lately...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Annalee

Post Wed May 28, 2014 12:07 pm

Rochelle wrote:Sorry, just don't see Sniffle as a good investment. Has never really done much and I doubt that will change. Couldn't care less where flipper goes, just do not want him with my boys at JGR. Don't much car for Roush either, much ado about nothing lately...

There have been "flipper" sightings at JGR...... :? Sorry......

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed May 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Biffle is a better driver as well as team mate than Opie. The Cup stats may not prove it at Roush, but put the Biff with a better team and you'll have the same results as Kenseth and Harvick!
Carl is not exactly a fan favorite, aside maybe for Jack Roush and Aflac! :mrgreen:
The best you'll ever see out of Carl was it! Ganassi would be fine with me, Sterlin Marlin was awesome over there back in the day and I believe Biffle could do just as well today.

Return to NASCAR & Racing