Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Post a reply

Rookies

Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:38 pm

I figured I'd start a thread to talk about the rookies this year...

I know Austin started really well, but he seems to be dropping in points as of late, while Kyle Larson has been doing extremely well these last few races. That kid can really race!

Here's a good article on Kyle Larson: http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/ ... inish.html

Feel free to post whatever you want on the rookies this year. :)

Re: Rookies

Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:16 am

really dig chase elliot

Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:05 am

michaeljohn wrote:really dig chase elliot

Yes! Me too! :)

Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:24 am

it kinda blew me away to hear that he still attends high school

Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:39 pm

Chase has really impressed me. I'm not really liking Kyle Larson, just something about him.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:16 pm

There is some very good rookies out there. They are the future of Nascar Racing. Fun to watch.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:33 pm

I am really thinkin Kyle Larson is the class of the field.
He seems to be a proper kid as well.... Which is kinda nice
for a current young adult.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:23 pm

If Larson runs Darlington up next to the wall, which seems to be his preferred line, he may have a short day. I like his driving style. I suppose 'KL will beat out Dillion for ROY.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:43 pm

hboyle wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:really dig chase elliot

Yes! Me too! :)

Me three! :)

Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:44 am

I like that kid Larson. Wouldn't be surprised if he won a cup race this year. Maybe we are watching history begin???

Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:24 pm

Larson and Dillion both got Darlington stripes in practice, both at almost identical spots. Larson to b/u car.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:06 pm

Chase Elliott just nabbed his second Nationwide win - 2 wins back to back!

Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:29 am

This is the best crop of rookies in the last few years. I like Austin, but I'm kind of glad to see Larson doing better than him right now. And Chase Elliot is definitely on the rise to stardom.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:24 pm

So... Larson got his first Sprint Cup pole even though it's because of the rain - would have been better if he had rightfully earned it. I wonder if that makes any difference regarding how he feels about it.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:09 am

hboyle wrote:So... Larson got his first Sprint Cup pole even though it's because of the rain - would have been better if he had rightfully earned it. I wonder if that makes any difference regarding how he feels about it.

Larson, in an interview prior to the NNS race, stated "I hope it rains"... (which would put him on the pole). It didn't seem to matter to him.
Post a reply