FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Once again--Ratings DOWN

<<

racer1

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:22 pm

Once again--Ratings DOWN

Per Jayski ratings hit season low so apparently nothing Nascar does will help? You paying attention Nascar--one has to wonder--course isn't this maybe about FOX as well & its broadcasts?? :roll:

"•TV Ratings for Martinsville down: Overnight ratings hit a season-low for NASCAR on FOX. Sunday's NASCAR Sprint Cup STP 500 from Martinsville earned a 3.8 overnight rating on FOX, down 5% from last year (4.0), and down a tick from 2012 (3.9). Excluding rainouts, the 3.8 is the lowest ever for the spring Martinsville race on FOX (2001, 2003-present). The 3.8 is also the lowest for any Sprint Cup telecast this season,"
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Once again--Ratings DOWN

the races have no meaning now, except to the winner.
None diehard fans can now tune in the last 10 mins of a race to see what happens. Brian France has made the season pointless until race 27.
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:28 pm

"None diehard fans can now tune in the last 10 mins of a race to see what happens"

Funny you say that, as that's ME. Iam a fan of Danicas & other drivers like Tony of course etc & Kyle B and a few others out of curiousity how they do but--Iam NOT a die hard fan of Nascar--infact I like it less every race? If Danica has issues early where shes out of a good finish I often leave or change channels and tune in an hour or 2 later in time to see the finish maybe as I can always see results online? I think many of the old die hard fans are infact dying off and that's maybe the core reason as its tough to attract new fans as weve discussed so it may likely only get worse? :roll:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:52 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:the races have no meaning now, except to the winner.
None diehard fans can now tune in the last 10 mins of a race to see what happens. Brian France has made the season pointless until race 27.

thats what i found myself doing sunday, checkin on the race every hr...
<<

hboyle

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:59 am

racer1 wrote:Per Jayski ratings hit season low so apparently nothing Nascar does will help? You paying attention Nascar--one has to wonder--course isn't this maybe about FOX as well & its broadcasts?? :roll:

"•TV Ratings for Martinsville down: Overnight ratings hit a season-low for NASCAR on FOX. Sunday's NASCAR Sprint Cup STP 500 from Martinsville earned a 3.8 overnight rating on FOX, down 5% from last year (4.0), and down a tick from 2012 (3.9). Excluding rainouts, the 3.8 is the lowest ever for the spring Martinsville race on FOX (2001, 2003-present). The 3.8 is also the lowest for any Sprint Cup telecast this season,"

I wonder where they get their ratings from though... In today's day and age, a lot of younger people don't even buy cable - these people buy things like netflix instead to watch TV shows, and they're a lot less likely to watch a NASCAR race because they can just look up the results online. Similarly, there are many people who stream the race off the internet, and there is no way of knowing how many viewers are doing this so they might be missing a lot of people when they calculate viewings. Any idea how they calculate ratings? Is it all relative to what else is on and what other people are watching?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:54 am

even danica fans cant save nascar, they must get tired of her bringing up the rear :D
<<

BlackFlag

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:10 am

Yea, the Martinsville race isn't usually one of the most exciting races of the season.
I didn't even watch all of it.
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

Searchers

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:51 pm

I believe the FOX announcers are annoying fans and 3 to 4 hours of Larry & Darrel with Michael sprinkled in is the kiss of change channel. Chris Myers knows as much about racing as Charlie Sheen.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:11 pm

Searchers wrote:I believe the FOX announcers are annoying fans and 3 to 4 hours of Larry & Darrel with Michael sprinkled in is the kiss of change channel. Chris Myers knows as much about racing as Charlie Sheen.

what was that commercial where the guy was saying "thats great!" to everything asked?

That is what the FOX people remind me of whenever asked anything about Nascar & all their BS changes. Or anything about Nascar at all.

So Larry Mac & Darrell what do you think about Nascar going from town to town raping & pillaging
FOX: Thats Great!!!
So what do you think about Nascar burning down orphanages
So Nascar has decided to take you guys out back & shoot you
ImageImageImage
<<

Searchers

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:04 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Searchers wrote:I believe the FOX announcers are annoying fans and 3 to 4 hours of Larry & Darrel with Michael sprinkled in is the kiss of change channel. Chris Myers knows as much about racing as Charlie Sheen.

what was that commercial where the guy was saying "thats great!" to everything asked?

That is what the FOX people remind me of whenever asked anything about Nascar & all their BS changes. Or anything about Nascar at all.

So Larry Mac & Darrell what do you think about Nascar going from town to town raping & pillaging
So what do you think about Nascar burning down orphanages
So Nascar has decided to take you guys out back & shoot you

Per Darrell: Back in the day we burned orphanages on Tuesdays. Nascar is doing it right now, brother.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:13 pm

i never liked mike joy and his fake laugh, even when he was a pit reporter, he brings nothing to the table, he made a comment last week about how kurt was racing tony hard and he said "doesnt he know that is his boss?" i will let that comment stand alone........
<<

racer1

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:36 pm

1--Too many commercials.
2- lousy broadcast with the cameras mssing lots of good action, as they mainly show the leaders lapping the field missing some good action mid pack & elsewhere on the track.
3--Young people today have better things to do then sit through a boring race or even a good one for 3+hrs, not counting rain delays.

Oh well, nothing will change until the big sponsors get tired of less & less viewers & start dropping out, & others quit buying commercial spots on the networks. Next yr with NBC and its low rated cable network WILL BE a defining yr for Nascar, ratings wise for sure?
<<

Rachael J

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:28 am

I'm still a diehard fan. I sit and watch from beginning to end and if I can't watch, listen to the race on the radio! I do get tired of DW & them rambling on so!
<<

KurtBusch41Fan

Post Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:13 am

Not surprising that ratings keep falling, Brian France is driving the sport into the ground.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:00 am

KurtBusch41Fan wrote:Not surprising that ratings keep falling, Brian France is driving the sport into the ground.

ImageImageImage
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing