FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Chase format

<<

stewart1439

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:08 am

Chase format

Can anyone tell me if a driver wins, does he need to be in top 20 or top 30 to qualify for new chase format??
<<

stewart1439

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:50 pm

Re: Chase format

Never mind - figured it out
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:13 pm

stewart1439 wrote:Can anyone tell me if a driver wins, does he need to be in top 20 or top 30 to qualify for new chase format??

top 30, but there is only 20 something full/high funded teams, so basically if they win they are in no matter what the media says (to build suspense)
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:13 am

new format sucks,

its making me ill how the announcers are saying "its ok to miss a race and it wont hurt."

is that what racing has become??????
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:15 am

michaeljohn wrote:new format sucks,

its making me ill how the announcers are saying "its ok to miss a race and it wont hurt."

is that what racing has become??????

under Brian France...... yes!
ImageImageImage
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 am

NASCAR can not believe all the monkeying around with rules and standards are going to make racing better and draw in bigger crowds. What the fans want is take back some of "old school" amd knock off some of the polish they made the drivers put on and race. They have tight lips and have no right to opinions. Come on now NASCAR give racing back to the drivers.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

racer1

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:00 pm

"NASCAR can not believe all the monkeying around with rules and standards are going to make racing better and draw in bigger crowds. What the fans want is take back some of "old school" amd knock off some of the polish they made the drivers put on and race."

But--apparently Nascar DOES believe it--enough said? :roll:

"They have tight lips and have no right to opinions. Come on now NASCAR give racing back to the drivers."

NEVER GOING to Happen. :roll:

This is a general Nascar thread so i can say this here without corrupting a SHR drivers thread. Nascar will change rules much as they can as they wont be happy until they GIVE JR the Championship--for all the good it will do their series? :lol:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:23 pm

Well everytime I think they cant FImagek it up any worse. Brian lets me know how wrong I am. Seems to be a yearly thing with him now.

Funny thing is back when he was commenting on last years Richmond race. He (Nascar) wanted a close battle to get in the chase. Through out the race multiple teams were in or knocked out of the chase throughout the whole race. You cant get any closer than that. Yet when he wants to turn around & make the chase even more absurd with another messed up rule change. He completely disses on what they were trying to accomplish in the 1st place. Talking how people needed a lap top to figure out who gets in & who doesn't in the last race. The guy is a walking contradicting moron. Again claiming the "fans" want it this way because they need it simpler.
I love everytime he changes a rule it is because he is saying the fans are to stupid for the rule that is being changed. For being a so called Business man. He isn't very smart. But to get exactly what you wanted last year with all the suspense of multiple drivers possibly getting in or knocked out of the chase. Then #### on it in the offseason & say we want simpler clear cut no suspense. Well HeII if that's the case why not get rid of the chase & just go back to whoever does that best in that year wins the championship.......... you know, like it is suppose to be!!!!!

Cant wait for how Brian messes up Nascar even more next year & figures out a way to call the fans stupid again.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:38 pm

i for one would like to get rid of the chase, even tho my driver benefited most from it, sure driver needs a win, but after that they can ride around and look stupid til the chase...
I will miss you Frehley........

Return to NASCAR & Racing