FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Denny not starting today.

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:54 pm

Denny not starting today.

think with this new messed up point system, is why a driver doesn't start a race. Wonder if more drivers will start taking a race off here & there when they have a win later this season. think if it was point driven, he would have atleast started & then switched drivers.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:59 pm

Re: Denny not starting today.

i doubt drivers will ever think about taking a race off, unless they are incapable of driving, plus there is no guarantee a driver will win a race...
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:06 pm

michaeljohn wrote:i doubt drivers will ever think about taking a race off, unless they are incapable of driving, plus there is no guarantee a driver will win a race...

honestly I know that, but thought to raise the question.
but now later in the season if a driver is pretty much locked into the chase because they already won, may not mind taking a race off for having the sniffles.
Where before drivers got in a car even when advised not to do so.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:34 pm

Denny may have had to take something not on the approved list...

As for taking a race off, I highly doubt it. I think they'd be trying new things for the cars rather than the driver taking a race day off. It is still a payday after all. And even though the top drivers make a lot of money, they also live large lifestyles.

Congrats to Kyle, he was one of my picks... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:38 pm

i think fans would be disgusted if drivers took for for any other reasons, than health or family, then we will see ratings go down,
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Tina DeBose

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:07 pm

Heard on raido that Denny had a problem with his eyes couldent see they took him to hospital. Maybe the tech savvy can find out the scoop hope he is ok
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:29 pm

Read this on sports illustrated. This does not sound good

Hamlin was ruled out of his Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota about 30 minutes before the green flag at the track where he crashed on the final lap of last year's race.
''It's not just a headache. It's a lot more serious than that. He was actually losing vision his eye,'' crew chief Darian Grubb told MRN.com and NASCAR.com after Sunday's race.
Sam Hornish Jr. was the late replacement in the No. 11 car for Hamlin, who had hoped for redemption at Fontana after leaving being airlifted away from the track with a broken vertebra last year.
''So disappointed that I can't compete today,'' Hamlin said in a post on his Twitter account. ''Sorry to all my fans. Thought we had a car that could win today.''
Hamlin was not medically cleared by a NASCAR doctor to race and was told to go to the hospital, team President J.D. Gibbs said.
Although team owner Joe Gibbs said after the race Hamlin was still undergoing tests and he didn't know when they'd have results, Grubb told the two media outlets after the race that Hamlin was still hospitalized.
''The last I'd heard, his vision was getting worse and the pain was getting worse,'' Grubb told the two media outlets. ''It got to where he couldn't see and was having trouble with the vision in his left eye because of the pressure and everything that was going on. At that point, NASCAR did some testing and he could not follow the finger going by his eyes as he should have been.
''They weren't going to let him go.''
Hamlin wore dark sunglasses in the indoor driver meeting two hours before the race.
''He held his head and said his head was hurting so bad. He was having trouble seeing,'' Grubb said. ''You could tell the worry in his face, he was really upset.''

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2014/r ... z2wq6Jes4c
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:51 pm

Another update...JGR just tweeted that he was released from the hospital and will be evaluated back in Charlotte next week.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

bowtie_4

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:26 pm

Migraines can do that! Thats what it sounds like. js
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:59 pm

Well who the he!! came up with a sinus infection? I've had them numerous times and the headache is a symptom, but not the loss of vision. Had to be a heck of a lot of swelling/pressure to affect his vision. Thank you to whoever got him the heck out of Fontana to see other doctors. Born and raised in So Cal and we considered Fontana the armpit of creation. Just can't see him flying with all that going on the way pressures build up on take off and landing.

I wish him the best... He doesn't need all this after last year's fiasco. If a driver was to consider "sitting out a race", I hope he considers Fontana next year...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Rachael J

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:12 am

Sure hope the best for Denny.
<<

Tina DeBose

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:32 am

Thanks Doc for the info on Denny I knew someone
in the garage would find out what was going on.
they had it on raido but never came back and said
any more. And I couldent find anything on what happen and how he was. Thanks again Doc glad
he"s going to be ok.
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:54 pm

Denny is going to be ok, California race is over!!! ;)
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

Jellikit

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:29 am

Denny is going to be psyched out at Fontana for the rest of his career.
It has not been kind to him.
May need a good therapist before racing here from now on. ;)
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:06 am

I was on an airplane...headed to Oregon and one of the passengers who had a sinus infection half way thru the flight was in horrible pain and lost his vision too...it can happen. When the plane landed they took him off the plane in a stretcher to the hospital... Luckily there was a Dr on board and he said that it probably both sinus and ear infection.....he was in a lot of pain..and it came on quick

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke

Return to NASCAR & Racing