FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

F1...anyone?

<<

smoke14rulez

User avatar

Posts: 1054

Images: 1
5280

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:22 am

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:09 am

F1...anyone?

I've been watchin' the practices yesterday and just now(live)...I like the sound of the new cars...and the "drivability" of said cars...maybe an INTERESTING season... ;) :D
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4225

1040

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:40 am

Re: F1...anyone?

I just caught Q3. I liked watching the drivers have to "drive" their cars in the rain. It was cool to see them on edge & still get it done.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8316

Images: 0
5361

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:41 am

Re: F1...anyone?

be watching this sunday...........
Image
<<

KMOAutobahn

Posts: 122

285

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:22 pm

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:43 am

Re: F1...anyone?

the cars are just treacherous to drive. so much more torque compared to last year. I'm not so keen on the sound of the v6 turbos yet, they sound like my vacuum cleaner.

That being said, quali was AMAZING. great fun, especially seeing riccardio qualify p2 for his first gp with RBR. That aussie crowd roar was crazy loud. Wasn't super surprised by red bull's pace after watching how planted their cars were in FP1; they've still got massive amounts of df nobody else has. If renault ever sorts their PU out, it'll be 2013 all over again.

Seeing kimi crash out was kinda dissappointing, but he's never been much of a wet racer. Screwed over button and vettel with those yellow flags in Q2.

Massively entertaining quali session, I'm going to try and stay up late to catch the race 2m.
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4225

1040

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:04 am

Re: F1...anyone?

KMOAutobahn wrote:the cars are just treacherous to drive. so much more torque compared to last year. I'm not so keen on the sound of the v6 turbos yet, they sound like my vacuum cleaner.

That being said, quali was AMAZING. great fun, especially seeing riccardio qualify p2 for his first gp with RBR. That aussie crowd roar was crazy loud. Wasn't super surprised by red bull's pace after watching how planted their cars were in FP1; they've still got massive amounts of df nobody else has. If renault ever sorts their PU out, it'll be 2013 all over again.

Seeing kimi crash out was kinda dissappointing, but he's never been much of a wet racer. Screwed over button and vettel with those yellow flags in Q2.

Massively entertaining quali session, I'm going to try and stay up late to catch the race 2m.
I missed Q2 but was disappointed to see Button miss the cut off. He is the driver I root for when I catch an F-1 Race. So don't know what happened, but Q3 was pretty interesting.
ImageImageImage
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

User avatar

Posts: 286

5592

Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:40 pm

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:13 am

Re: F1...anyone?

I like to watch F1 when I can but my schedule and f1's do not align well. Tried to dvr a few races but they ran over and I missed the end. Great series to follow if you have the time.

A.B.E.
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8316

Images: 0
5361

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:01 am

Re: F1...anyone?

i love f1 racing, the times that it is on can be a drag, on my dvr they ask me if i want to add an extension so i dont miss anything
Image
<<

KMOAutobahn

Posts: 122

285

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:22 pm

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:25 pm

Re: F1...anyone?

Anyone But Earnhardt wrote:I like to watch F1 when I can but my schedule and f1's do not align well. Tried to dvr a few races but they ran over and I missed the end. Great series to follow if you have the time.

A.B.E.


Kimi wrecked with like 30 seconds left in q2, when a bunch of guys were doing their flying lap. But since they have to slow down for yellow flags, button (and vettel's) flyer was ruined
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4225

1040

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:04 pm

Re: F1...anyone?

KMOAutobahn wrote:
Anyone But Earnhardt wrote:I like to watch F1 when I can but my schedule and f1's do not align well. Tried to dvr a few races but they ran over and I missed the end. Great series to follow if you have the time.

A.B.E.


Kimi wrecked with like 30 seconds left in q2, when a bunch of guys were doing their flying lap. But since they have to slow down for yellow flags, button (and vettel's) flyer was ruined

dammit kimi!!!
ImageImageImage
<<

smoke14rulez

User avatar

Posts: 1054

Images: 1
5280

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:22 am

Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:37 am

Re: F1...anyone?

I thought it was a pretty good race, especially in the early going. DNF's for Vettle and Hamilton were kinda' sucky. I wanted to see what Vettle has now that the playing field, equipment wise, SEEMS more level.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

KMOAutobahn

Posts: 122

285

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:22 pm

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: F1...anyone?

smoke14rulez wrote:I thought it was a pretty good race, especially in the early going. DNF's for Vettle and Hamilton were kinda' sucky. I wanted to see what Vettle has now that the playing field, equipment wise, SEEMS more level.


Smoke14rulez.........you weren't by chance in the vipbox chatroom? I know I chatted with somebody with the 'smoke14...' handle for awhile in there during the race.
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4225

1040

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:27 pm

Re: F1...anyone?

was happy to read Button came from outside the top ten to get 3rd.
ImageImageImage
<<

smoke14rulez

User avatar

Posts: 1054

Images: 1
5280

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:22 am

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:22 pm

Re: F1...anyone?

KMOAutobahn wrote:
smoke14rulez wrote:I thought it was a pretty good race, especially in the early going. DNF's for Vettle and Hamilton were kinda' sucky. I wanted to see what Vettle has now that the playing field, equipment wise, SEEMS more level.


Smoke14rulez.........you weren't by chance in the vipbox chatroom? I know I chatted with somebody with the 'smoke14...' handle for awhile in there during the race.


...no sir, 'twas not I...I rarely go on there and when I do I just watch, no chattin'.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8316

Images: 0
5361

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:29 am

Re: F1...anyone?

it was a good race, i know this isnt that important but i thought it was cool that the drivers got to pick their numbers, his name i dont recall, but the number 3 red bull said the 3 was partly inspired by dale Sr.. so its cool to know F1 drivers have respect for nascar drivers
Image
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8316

Images: 0
5361

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:38 pm

Re: F1...anyone?

enjoyed the race, not sure if i dig the tire rules where your suppose to use both styles, hamilton really had no reason to pit today other then just to adhere to the rules.....
Image
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER