Rachael J

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:04 am

Re: On to Phoenix!

Oh no! Not again! :roll:
<<

Jellikit

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:42 am

I used to never care for Phoenix. The cookie cutter tracks that NASCAR has too many of just seem to blend together at times. But, let's face it...this first 1.5 mile track of the season tells us a lot. You've just GOT to do well here. You don't have to win. Mechanical failures, wrecks, and other various things do happen, but hopefully your car is strong in practice, qualifying and the race, so that you have a good start and outlook on the season. If not, it could be a long year as teams try to catch up.
<<

racer1

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:17 pm

Phoenix is suffering from lack of ticket sales also running their adds for the race every day on various networks here for as low as $25----good grief. The Nascar gods and the weather gods have joined to tell Nascar they don't like whats going on in the series nowdays-- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm

Jellikit wrote:I used to never care for Phoenix. The cookie cutter tracks that NASCAR has too many of just seem to blend together at times. But, let's face it...this first 1.5 mile track of the season tells us a lot. You've just GOT to do well here. You don't have to win. Mechanical failures, wrecks, and other various things do happen, but hopefully your car is strong in practice, qualifying and the race, so that you have a good start and outlook on the season. If not, it could be a long year as teams try to catch up.

i like the track more since they have that crazy dog leg
I miss you Frehley........
<<

azk8ster

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:28 am

Jellikit wrote:I used to never care for Phoenix. The cookie cutter tracks that NASCAR has too many of just seem to blend together at times. But, let's face it...this first 1.5 mile track of the season tells us a lot. You've just GOT to do well here. You don't have to win. Mechanical failures, wrecks, and other various things do happen, but hopefully your car is strong in practice, qualifying and the race, so that you have a good start and outlook on the season. If not, it could be a long year as teams try to catch up.

Phoenix is 1 mile, not 1.5, and DEFINITELY not cookie-cutter! With the dogleg it's dam near a 5 corner track, and 1&2 are NOTHING like 3&4, that's why it's known as a drivers' track. VERY unique! And oh yeah, you can sit on the side of a mountain to watch the race, too!

Can you tell it's my "home" track and I'm very defensive and protective if it? I will say, though, since the re-pave, the racing has suffered, the second groove just.........isn't.........quite......there......yet!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"

Return to NASCAR & Racing