FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NASCAR AMERICA.....NBC SPORTS NETWORK

<<

Annalee

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:03 pm

NASCAR AMERICA.....NBC SPORTS NETWORK

Have any of you watched NASCAR America with Rick Allen and Jeff Burton.....I am very pleasantly surprised.....it is really good! Very good commentary and great inside on the race! I think it's even much better than Racehub .......no over blown egos! I think with the addition of Steve Latarte next year, it can only get better.... :D. Try it you might like it!!

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

Searchers

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Re: NASCAR AMERICA.....NBC SPORTS NETWORK

Thanks for the review of it Annalee.

I wish they would repeat it instead of just showing it once a day.
<<

dirt93

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:21 pm

I watched it too. I loved it. Jeff was great. I like him as a commentator (more than a driver. ha ). YAY YAY

I wish it was on for an hour now.... and repeated later on in the day.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:39 pm

I watched it too and thought it was pretty good. Rick is obviously a polished announcer and Jeff is a little rough around the edges since he is new at it, but I think he'll settle in and do OK. Jeff just needs to develop his own broadcasting style.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
<<

hatcherfour4

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:43 pm

What time is the show on? Central time.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:14 pm

hatcherfour4 wrote:What time is the show on? Central time.

5 ET (right after Race Hub) on NBCSN so probably 4 CT.

They probably scheduled it that way on purpose so that fans who already watch Race Hub can just switch channels when it's over. Of course, FS1 sometimes changes the time Race Hub airs (which drives me crazy). I want my SPEED back.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
<<

Searchers

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:16 pm

I caught it today Tuesday. Like it better than Race Hub.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:37 pm

I saw it today as well. It left me wanting more. And...can't wait until Letarte joins the fun.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:11 pm

i like it because its a 30 mins long and they dont repeat themselves like the race hub, if your going to have a hr show, you better have stronger content then some stupid quiz daily, rick allen and jeff burton are doing a great job
I miss you Frehley........
<<

racer1

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:34 pm

Decent show but you know why its on don't you--common sense? NBC Sports network is the lowest rated sports network on TV as they reportedly only averaged 270,000 viewers each Indycar race etc last yr overall & they bragged that they got the best ratings with indycar--good grief--pretty pathetic?

Therefore this is NBC execs more then likely starting the PR move early for Nascar broadcasting in 2015 throwing 13 Cup races on that low rated network, so with this new show they hope to attract Nascar fans and get them used to this network etc. Also along with that as I reported earlier NBCSports has been moved down to a lower tier of programming on Dish network anyway, hopefully drawing more in to watch that don't have to pay for higher programming to see it as before-- so that's good. Indycar is praying and holding their breath hoping the Nascar fans in 2015 or sooner will stick around to watch their series to boost their ratings? :roll:

What would Nascar do if they got less then a couple million viewers each race, when they almost average double that now & more? The lowest ratings I saw last yr was the lousy Turner network for those few Cup races and they had some at around or less then a 2.0 or around 3 million viewers or less---pretty bad. I read somewhere Nascar, not counting the 500, averages around 4 -5+ million viewers for the most part on Fox or ABC Network TV and around 3-4 million or so for the cable shows like ESPN etc, so NBCSports has its work cut out for it as does F1 as Nascars NNS & Truck series is in serious trouble ratings-wise-- but only time will tell? :roll:
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:35 pm

They had Kenny Schrader on today.....he did a good job.....stay tuned tomorrow .....Tony will be on... :D :D I am a big fan of the show...I really like Rick Allen .... They had some great interviews with Jamie McMurray and Carl Edwards...... RACEHUB better watch out I think NASCAR America is soooooo much better

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke

Return to NASCAR & Racing