FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tornado's Around The Track

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:30 pm

Tornado's Around The Track

I see on the weather channel on the computer that there's tornado warnings out there right now. Hope everyone there stays safe!
http://www.weather.com/weather/map/interactive/Birmingham+International+Airport++BHM:9/Talladega+Superspeedway++35551:20
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Tornado's Around The Track

I read your title and immediately thought of Ryan's sponsor. :lol: I thought maybe they were giving away free samples. :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:56 pm

Lol HH, no, it's for real:

Issued by The National Weather Service
Birmingham, AL
Fri, Apr 15, 2011, 6:47 PM CDT
Local Radar Map http://www.weather.com/weather/map/interactive/35551:20?zoom=8&interactiveMapLayer=radar
Updated Apr 15, 2011, 6:45pm CDT Weather in Motion® | Enlarge Map Get WeatherReadyWatches & Warnings Explained
If a Tornado Warning is Issued…
Video: WeatherReady Safety & Preparation
What to Do After a Tornado Strikes
Storm Watch (video)
... A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR SOUTH CENTRAL CALHOUN... SOUTHWESTERN CLEBURNE... NORTHEASTERN TALLADEGA AND NORTHEASTERN CLAY COUNTIES UNTIL 700 PM CDT...

AT 645 PM CDT... NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THIS DANGEROUS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR MOUNT CHEAHA... OR 9 MILES SOUTH OF OXFORD... MOVING EAST NORTHEAST AT 40 MPH.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE... OXFORD... ANNISTON... ANNISTON METRO AIRPORT... MOUNT CHEAHA... HOBSON CITY... OXFORD LAKE... OAK HILL AND DEARMANVILLE.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

TAKE COVER NOW. MOVE TO AN INTERIOR ROOM ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF A STURDY BUILDING. AVOID WINDOWS. IF IN A MOBILE HOME... A VEHICLE OR OUTDOORS... MOVE TO THE CLOSEST SUBSTANTIAL SHELTER AND PROTECT YOURSELF FROM FLYING DEBRIS.

TO REPORT SEVERE WEATHER... CALL 1-800-856-0758.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:58 pm

This is tornado report one. The one above this is tornado report #2

Issued by The National Weather Service
Birmingham, AL
Fri, Apr 15, 2011, 6:53 PM CDT
Local Radar Map
Updated Apr 15, 2011, 6:50pm CDT Weather in Motion® | Enlarge Map Get WeatherReadyWatches & Warnings Explained
If a Tornado Warning is Issued…
Video: WeatherReady Safety & Preparation
What to Do After a Tornado Strikes
Storm Watch (video)
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BIRMINGHAM HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR... SOUTHEASTERN CALHOUN COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL ALABAMA... NORTHEASTERN CLAY COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL ALABAMA... CLEBURNE COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL ALABAMA... EXTREME NORTHEASTERN TALLADEGA COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL ALABAMA...

* UNTIL 800 PM CDT

* AT 650 PM CDT... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THIS DANGEROUS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR MOUNT CHEAHA... OR 7 MILES SOUTH OF OXFORD... AND MOVING NORTHEAST AT 35 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE... OXFORD... HEFLIN... OXFORD LAKE... EDWARDSVILLE... ABERNATHY... FRUITHURST... MUSCADINE... MARS HILLS... OAK HILL AND CAMP SEQUOYAH.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

TAKE COVER NOW. FOR YOUR PROTECTION MOVE TO AN INTERIOR ROOM ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF A STURDY BUILDING.
Smoke
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:18 pm

I forgot about live updates at the weather channel's web site.
The storm is producing a tornado in Atlanta (Milton, GA) & a picture of it is being shown (still shot). 8:09 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/277656587.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1302914084&Signature=tbtGAox25fdOQGy4aeqb6Q2QL5A%3D

8:15 PM Cobb county has hail galore http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/277658784.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1302914142&Signature=ghZo8xpOrar%2Fx5Ixwmf99jcpq3Q%3D

Talladega's tornado warning is lifted & a watch is out now.
Smoke
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:27 pm

Tornado warning in southeast Alabama, including Montgomery.
This is reported from the weather channel's web site at 8:24 Eastern Time. http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/USAL0375:1?phenomena=TO&significance=W&areaid=ALC101&office=KBMX&etn=0080

Guess this area is an hour behind my time (eastern time)

A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR NORTHERN MONTGOMERY AND NORTHEASTERN LOWNDES COUNTIES UNTIL 745 PM CDT...

AT 722 PM CDT... NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THIS DANGEROUS STORM WAS LOCATED 6 MILES WEST OF PINTLALA... OR 7 MILES EAST OF HAYNEVILLE... MOVING EAST AT 50 MPH.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE... MONTGOMERY... PINTLALA... DANNELLY FIELD... HOPE HULL... WOODCREST... HUNTER... SNOWDOUN... PINEDALE... MONTGOMERY ZOO AND BOYLSTON.

THIS INCLUDES... INTERSTATE 65 EXIT NUMBERS 158 THROUGH 176... INTERSTATE 85 EXIT NUMBERS 1 THROUGH 16...

Tornado Expert Dr. Greg Forbes says the Carolina threat will be later this evening.
http://cdnmo.coveritlive.com/media/image/201104/phpShcEEsmap_spectrop04_ltst_6nh_enus_600x405.jpg
Here are the latest watches and warnings. Red outline boxes show active tornado watches. Red filled polygons show active tornado warnings. Yellow filled polygons are severe t-storm warnings.

Some reporting: tornado sirens andstrong storms in montgomery,AL 8:31 PM (eastern time) 7:31 their time.

Map of storm path & outlooks for rest of the night: posted 7:30 their time
http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/forecast-map-5_2011-04-07
Smoke
<<

azk8ster

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:45 am

Home sick from work today and when i wasn't in the bathroom (i'll spare you the details) i was glued to The Weather Channel and the internet (Tornadovideos.net shows live chasers, cool site)...was a wreck until i found a Birmingham tv station website and saw that there was just a ton of rain at the track and that the funnel that was spotted was south of the Speedway...

can you imagine how awful it would've been had a tornado actually hit the campsites? Talk about having nowhere to run and hide!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

duffygoofy

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:42 am

That would be nasty if they can't find a place for them to go.I'm sure they have a safe place for them. Gotta have faith and hope it don't come to that.
ImageImage
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:28 pm

I heard they let people into the media center and infield care center when the storms got bad.
Last edited by HiddenHollow on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

NASCARNan

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:03 am

Saw the report as well on TV. Looked like they had flooding in the infield, but everyone was okay. I was at the MIS race a couple years ago when they couldn't run the race until Tuesday. You can't imagine the mud on those campers when they were leaving!!!!!
NASCAR Nan
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:15 am

Glad everyone was ok there & nothing hit other than a bunch of rain.

I seem to recall one yr a small tornado done damage to one section of a track. Well, not the track itself, but concessions & stuff & can't remember what track it was now.

On Office Depot's site there's an Ask Tony a question & he'll pick one out to answer every so many days. I asked him about what they do in a case of tornados coming their way, were to they go what do they do. I'll see if he answers. So far questions I've ever submitted hasn't been chosen to get answered.
Smoke
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:42 pm

S14W, keep asking your questions. Tony has answered a couple of mine.

These storms hit SE Oklahoma on Thursday night. It wasn't good.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK

Return to NASCAR & Racing