FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Did it bug you.....

<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:48 pm

Did it bug you.....

That during the National Anthem last night Dale Jr and his lady love appeared to be having a conversation??

I just would think that with the National Guard as a sponsor he would be super sensitive to this.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

BlackFlag

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: Did it bug you.....

The only thing I noticed was that his girlfriend looks just like his sister. :?
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

HTower

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:17 pm

Doesn't matter the sponsor, if you are a driver you need to be there standing at attention or else the camera will find you.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Htower...you are completely correct on this. It seemed to me that the spotlight was whisked away rather quickly. Although I suspect it wasn't a Jr thing. I'm sure they would have done it for any driver.
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:35 pm

Didn't notice, I was standing at attention facing the flag! :mrgreen:
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:40 pm

It looked like he made one quick comment to her, that I recall. Probably about the quality of the performance.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:42 pm

That bothers me a lot .....Jr needs only to look around and follow the others, it's not rocket science!

But did you see little Keelan in his Daddy's arms with his little hand on his heart! That little boy is soooooo precious, he just makes me smile! So glad they are part of SHR..Delana and Kevin are such good parents..... :)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:45 pm

before people start slamming jr MANY, MANY rivers get busted on TV talking during the anthem so this holier than thou crap should stop
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

HTower

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:53 pm

mj, this isn't an excuse to junior bash, (like we really need an excuse to bash him). I'll refer you back to my earlier post. Doesn't matter the sponsor, a driver needs to be standing at attention or else the camera will catch you.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:58 pm

that is what im sayin, you just cant criticize one man for saying something when others do it through out there, if that is the case then a thread should be started, is JJ going to stoned because he said something to his daughter last year during the anthem at pocono? nobody knows what is said between two people,
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:51 pm

I didn't create this entry as a way to bash on Jr. I was driving somewhere and on the Nascar channel 90 there were a great number of callers who expressed displeasure at Jr's what I would call a faux pas. I personally don't believe he meant any disrespect.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:48 pm

i know where u were coming from, i see it a couple times a year and i chuckle to myself "someone is going to be #### off at this"

if it was tony who had done that would it be a issue, or would it be said "thats our tony, thats why we love him."
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:55 pm

Had it been Tony who had done it I guarandamtee(that's Southern for I assure) you it would have been brought up by the media as disrespectful and by a hand full of folks here as a "cute" but "he didn't mean anything by it".
Last edited by onerockindoc on Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:56 pm

michaeljohn wrote:before people start slamming jr MANY, MANY rivers get busted on TV talking during the anthem so this holier than thou crap should stop

I disagree
Maybe instead of saying many people do it so don't make a big deal about it. Maybe more should be made of it. I have seen plenty of sports athletes talk & BS during an anthem. If they caught more grief for it, then maybe we wouldn't see it so much.
BTW a lil different from saying something to your lil kid who may not understand, than BSing to adults during the Anthem.

When I was little & tried to talk to my parents during an anthem, I was ssshhhh'd.
As an adult when working in the back pits. they don't inform us when the anthem is coming at times. So if we hear it & we are in the trailer or something, we all walk out & face the flag quietly during the anthem. if we are working on the car, we all stop what we are doing for it. So to give Jr a pass because he is popular is BS to me. if there is no reason to respect it than why have it at all.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:01 am

see i dont hold these drivers to any standards, no driver is perfect, they go through at the the most 39 anthems (not counting the NW or truck series) sure it would be nice if everyone did the proper thing, but this is the real world, these guys put their life on the line every week to entertain us, so if someone says something to their loved one or child durin the anthem, cut em some slack..... they arent ding it to be disrespectful
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing