FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NASCAR Fantasy Racing Thread

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:13 pm

Re: NASCAR Fantasy Racing Thread

i play too many fantasy games, i can only handle 2 nascar games, i play hockey right now, then baseball in a couple weeks, then i have 4 teams for football.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:24 pm

I've just made my picks here, live and the fox league...I'm so sick to my stomach that more than likely I won't be able to enjoy the race. How do you spell relief? R-O-L-A-I-D-S
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:01 am

onerockindoc wrote:I've just made my picks here, live and the fox league...I'm so sick to my stomach that more than likely I won't be able to enjoy the race. How do you spell relief? R-O-L-A-I-D-S

you go in the bathroom

plop plop fizz fizz , Ahhhhh relief!

(repeat if necessary) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

Jellikit

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:43 am

Hope ya' feel better Doc!
I've been so busy this week that I didn't even finish getting my entries done and into the 5 max. :roll: leagues. Then, today, it isn't letting me join a league. I think the site is overloaded.
<<

Jellikit

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:02 pm

NASCAR.COM FANTASY LIVE

Just a couple tips. I meant to get this done earlier for the new players, but I've been too busy to get it done.
This is just a couple things I observed last year.

As your driver's value rises and falls, this will really help make your team stand out.
If a driver's value goes up, that allows you to add value to your team. Last year Greg Biffle and Kurt Bush were 2 of the best examples of this. I picked up Bush in 3 or 4 of my entries/leagues last year. As his value went up, I was able to put the added value into other drivers. One league, when I picked up Bush, his price was somewhere around 17.00. By near the end of the year, his value was over 25.00. That allowed me to have a salary cap more in line of 108.00, rather than 100. Understandable?
So, for example, this year I'm taking a shot with Austin Dillon early. My hope is his value jumps up at least 5.00 after about 5 or 6 races. But, you never know. He could stay where he is, or even drop.
Now, if any of your driver's value falls, you need to recoup that value. The way to do this is to hit the "renegotiate salaries" button. It's yellow, and to the right, when your team entry is up. This doesn't affect drivers whose value has gone up, only down. So use that button any time you see that any of your driver has lost value. If you're going to drop that driver for another one, well then you don't have to renegotiate, just change him.

One last tip. I'm not certain that this works, but when I employed it last year, I shot way up in my leagues. I like to use 4 good drivers, and 1 total crap out. :D This just gets better points than say, 2 studs, and 3 medium priced drivers. It really comes down to how they do the scoring on the site.
Having something like, Johnson, Kenseth, Stewart, I then choose the lowest priced driver who qualified pretty bad, but maybe ran better times in practice. That way, he may gain a few points in finishing position difference. (How well they finished compared to starting) Hoping this driver can pass a few cars and can even beat wrecked cars. It doesn't always work, but you're only spending a few bucks on him anyways, so no biggie.
Now, you've got 4 done...3 studs, 1 crappy...so you just want to pick the last driver to be the best you can for what money you have left in your salary cap.
Again, it's just my theory, but it worked pretty well for me once I employed it last year.
Let me know if any of this is hard to understand, since I'm only on my 2nd cup of coffee and the home is a bit of a mad-house this morning. :P
Best of luck everyone!
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:46 pm

I think I kind of did what you were talking about. It will be a learning curve for me I think. Some of you guys who have done the Nascar league before have a slight advantage since as a girl I always spend more than I have in my wallet. Just ask Mr Doc.......
<<

Jellikit

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:18 pm

okr12 wrote:There are only three spots taken in my league on nascar.com if anyone else wants to join us, Its under VMF Postal racing and its public. Any usps employees joining would be a bonus, but all are welcome. ;)

Hey, the site has been majorly slow this morning, but it's better the last 5-10 minutes. Go to the chat when your entries are up...where you see everyone chatting. Just keep putting in a message with the league name and ask people to join. It will increase members. You only have a couple mins though.
Good luck everyone!
And no excuses Doc... :D It's ON! ;)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:30 am

made my picks before they even qualify, OH yes i live dangerously :)
<<

Jellikit

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:34 am

You can change them up until about 5 mins before race time.
Just in case you want to come out of the big, scary woods and walk
through the field of butterflies and daffodils. :lol:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:39 am

that made me chuckle, thanks, unless something drastic happens, i might stick with what i have
<<

Jellikit

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:07 pm

<<

onerockindoc

Post Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:27 am

Hmmm I made my picks earlier this evening and had a couple of these guys in and one I was going to take out but now I may keep him. But I have another one of our teammates that I like very much here at Phoenix.

Throwing darts in the nascar league but I am determined to be successful there!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:22 pm

lucked out with my pics today
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:27 pm

You had a nice day in fantasy land MJ.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:33 pm

its just one week......
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing