FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NASCAR Fantasy Racing Thread

<<

Jellikit

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:25 pm

NASCAR Fantasy Racing Thread

It wasn't discussed much last year, but with so many new members, maybe a thread dedicated to fantasy racing would be beneficial to those who participate. Let's face it, there's a lot of fun in fantasy racing, and even some decent prizes to be won out there.
Last year was the first time I'd delved into the world of fantasy racing, and I even managed to win one league on NASCAR.COM's Fantasy Live. So if I can do decent, anyone can. :D
This thread could help us gain knowledge to do well in different leagues, and maybe, if enough are interested, we could set up a couple leagues just for the Garage Gang Forum participants as well...for more bragging rights. Not to mention, this type of discussion could also help the forum participants here in doing well in the SHR picks every week.

First, if this thread takes off and people contribute, it would be helpful to title your post with which league you're talking about, if it's specific to one or two. If it's a general statement or question, then no post heading would be needed.
An example would be...
FOX FANTASY, or
NASCAR.COM (who has two games...the Fantasy Live, or Streak To The Finish)
Just the simple heading, in all caps perhaps, or colored, at the beginning of your post, would allow for better communication in the thread, and it would eliminate the need for multiple threads for different leagues and sites.

I've also thought we could have our own private leagues in a couple sites. I'd be happy to set one up on both NASCAR.COM and FOX's sites. I know in NASCAR.COM it's a 25 member max, so if we happened to have more wishing to participate than 25, we'll just start a second one. Most of these sites allow you to be in multiple leagues. I think with collective knowledge, that we could have a blast in OUR leagues, while helping each other to dominate OTHER leagues we play in.

My thinking now is to see how many wish to join over the next few days, and I'll set it up and give instructions on how to join on Friday for these 2 sites.
If anyone (Schmoopy...hint hint :P ) has any other sites to recommend, or manage a league for us in, be sure to mention it.

Well, that's all I have for now on the idea. Any input is appreciated.
I'll start by seeing how many wish to be in a league, or multiple ones, together.
Thanks all!
Last edited by Jellikit on Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Jellikit

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: NASCAR Fantasy Racing Thread

So, let's start by asking who would participate in leagues together. None specific yet, just the general interest for now.

Please just copy and paste, or quote, the previous list (starting with this post) so that we can keep all the names together.

Thanks!

1. Jellikit

Add spaces as needed...no limit to how many may join us.
<<

thorman52

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:41 pm

I'm in the Streak for the Finish game but don't know much about the Fantasy Live game. I've got so many games going right now I had to make a cheat sheet to make sure I didn't miss any deadlines. And with March Madness coming up I'm going to go nuts.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:36 pm

sounds like fun, the nascar game isnt bad, you get a certain amount of points and you need to divide that between 5 or 6 drivers, im waiting for my friend doc to poke her head into this thread so i can challenge her in it.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:43 pm

Ok.....friends, Romans and countrymen. Let me just say that I play here on the site's official game and last year I played(and won I might add) on the Fox site with a few members here. I'm willing to play in the Fox league if only to kick some MJ ####.

Oh and March madness, yes please. I love it!!!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:48 pm

ha doc, you dont scare me, im ready!!!
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:57 pm

Ok Jellikit...put something together and give us the info or PM us so we can give you our email address for an invite.

My name on the board will be 1418. MJ, don't forget those numbers. You'll be seeing them quite a bit in victory lane.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:59 pm

haaha, you kill me.........
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:03 pm

in case you havent realized doc, IM IN!!!
<<

okr12

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:43 pm

Sorry I missed this thread, I started one in "The Lobby" about a league I started on nascar.com. Anyone who wants in, I'm there.
Proud Member of the Sideways Travlin' Dirt Show
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:10 pm

OKR,

I'll play if I'm invited, or Mj and Doc how do you play on this site. I used to play years ago.

Maybe I'll have something for you DOC! 41 and 18 remember those numbers 'Shake and Bake"

Sorry about that my dad is a huge Kyle fan and me being a Kurt fan it is something we mimic from Talladega Nights

A.B.E.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:13 pm

Anyone But Earnhardt wrote:OKR,

I'll play if I'm invited, or Mj and Doc how do you play on this site. I used to play years ago.

Maybe I'll have something for you DOC! 41 and 18 remember those numbers 'Shake and Bake"

Sorry about that my dad is a huge Kyle fan and me being a Kurt fan it is something we mimic from Talladega Nights

A.B.E.

as far as this site, there is a garage gang thread where they all pick games, i believe annalee runs it, they also have the weekly pick game it is under games atop the screen
<<

okr12

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:58 pm

Please, you all are invited to join me, I'm at the fantasy game on nascar.com under VMF Postal Racing. I look forward to locking horns with all of you! :lol:
Proud Member of the Sideways Travlin' Dirt Show
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:06 pm

I just got the welcome back email from the Fox league. You guys decide who is going to start this here league on Fox. I'll do it if no one else wants to!!

A.B.E.......any day my friend. I ain't skeered.

MJ.....I always knew I was your fantasy.

Let the trash talking begin!!!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:31 pm

ill join the fox and OKR games............... i already made my picks here for the 500
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing