FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

JR out rest of season

<<

jwheels14

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:50 am

JR out rest of season

Just saw that Dale Jr. will sit out the rest of the season, that updates will come later.
<<

Lady NASCAR

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:41 am

Re: JR out rest of season

NO. 88 DRIVER SCHEDULE:

Sept. 4, Darlington Raceway – Jeff Gordon*
Sept. 10, Richmond International Raceway – Jeff Gordon
Sept. 18, Chicagoland Speedway – Alex Bowman
Sept. 25, New Hampshire Motor Speedway – Alex Bowman
Oct. 2, Dover International Speedway – Jeff Gordon
Oct. 8, Charlotte Motor Speedway – Alex Bowman
Oct. 16, Kansas Speedway – Alex Bowman
Oct. 23, Talladega Superspeedway – Alex Bowman
Oct. 30, Martinsville Speedway – Jeff Gordon
Nov. 6, Texas Motor Speedway – Alex Bowman
Nov. 13, Phoenix International Raceway – Alex Bowman
Nov. 20, Homestead-Miami Speedway – Alex Bowman
<<

bowtie_4

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:46 am

DARLINGTON, S.C. -- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. will not return to competition during the remainder of the 2016 season as he continues to recover from a concussion suffered earlier this year.

Hendrick Motorsports officials made the announcement Friday morning, saying that Alex Bowman and four-time series champ Jeff Gordon would split time in the No. 88 Chevrolet for the remaining 12 races of the season. Gordon is scheduled to drive the No. 88 as Earnhardt's replacement this weekend at Darlington Raceway.

"I wish I could return to the No. 88 team this season," Earnhardt said in a release provided by the team. "To say I'm disappointed doesn’t begin to describe how I feel, but I know this is the right thing for my long-term health and career. I'm 100 percent focused on my recovery, and I will continue to follow everything the doctors tell me. They're seeing good progress in my test results, and I’m feeling that progress physically. I plan to be healthy and ready to compete at Daytona in February. I’m working toward that."

A crash at Michigan International Speedway in June is believed to be the cause of Earnhardt's injury. While the impact of the Lap 62 incident was significant, Earnhardt said afterward that "it wasn’t too bad, actually.”

Following an off weekend, he continued to compete in the next three Sprint Cup races, finishing 11th, 21st and 13th at Sonoma, Daytona and Kentucky, respectively.

But a visit to the doctor for what Earnhardt said he believed was nothing more than severe allergies or a sinus infection led to the diagnosis of concussion-like symptoms.

Bowman was tabbed to fill in for the team at New Hampshire, while former HMS driver Gordon took over for races at Indianapolis, Pocono, Watkins Glen and Bristol. Bowman returned to the seat last weekend at Michigan due to a scheduling conflict involving Gordon.

Earnhardt has continued to take part in rehabilitation activities with the hope that he would be cleared by doctors to return to competition this season. He has met with medical personnel from the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Sports Medicine Concussion Program every two weeks to determine his progesss.

It is the second time during his Sprint Cup Series career that Earnhardt, the son of seven-time series champion Dale Earnhardt, has been sidelined by a concussion. He missed two races during the latter portion of the 2012 season after a crash during testing at Kansas Speedway.

This story will be updated.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/ ... ssion.html
<<

alenigma

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:18 pm

I am sure that Jr. Nation is bummed-out about this news. But, the fact is, Dale needs to take care of himself. If he never straps into a Cup car again, he has the savvy to be a great car owner (Rick Hendrick won't last forever) or crewchief.... Well, with the help of his sister, Kelly.
<<

Tina DeBose

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:11 pm

This is very sad news. But if this is what it takes for him to be healthy again and possibly Drive again and be safe this is what he needs to do for sure. His health is the most important thing. There are other Things that he can do in the world of racing and NASCAR. Get well jr.
<<

Lady NASCAR

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:18 pm

alenigma wrote:I am sure that Jr. Nation is bummed-out about this news. But, the fact is, Dale needs to take care of himself. If he never straps into a Cup car again, he has the savvy to be a great car owner (Rick Hendrick won't last forever) or crewchief.... Well, with the help of his sister, Kelly.

Since I have been on here all you have done is make fun of Dale Earnhardt Jr.

I don't think this posting is sincere at all. You just want to look like you are some kind of good guy while actually being an over-posting wannabe moderator.

PS: your ponytail probably does not impress as many people as you think.

Sorry folks but every day I read SHR and this jerk is either brown nosing one of the real leaders in here or badmouthing Jr. Now he has the gall to post advice to somebody this sick??? Obnoxious....
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:57 pm

maybe this will give him a chance to relax and not worry whether he will get cleared to race....he has a soon to be wife and his whole life ahead of him, so racing is not a priority..

concussions suck, i had two, one for playing hockey and a car accident,
I miss you Frehley........
<<

alenigma

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:36 pm

He, Joonyer, has 5 entire months to decide what is most important to him. I think he would be a great replacement for Rick Hendrick if Rick should retire. lady NASCAR...you are not a lady! Go crawl up bowties whatsis!!!! I have had enough of you and he. You are BOTH pottymouths!
<<

kim92164

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:37 pm

I'm sure JR is devastated to not being able to finish out the season. I do hope he gets better so that he can race next year.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:08 pm

i seriously doubt JR or the correct spelling Junior will ever take over HMS, he is his own man and has his own race team
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Tinker

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:13 pm

Junior is a good guy and I'd rather he step away for the rest of the year than risk it. Just increase the level of respect I have for him.

I keep seeing people's nasty remarks about him not racing and doing other things like watching a preseason football game on his tablet. In my book, anyone who has issues with Junior's health being more important than racing isn't much of a Jr fan.
Nimhneach Saol a lán níos mó ná bás.
<<

Lady NASCAR

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:25 pm

michaeljohn wrote:i seriously doubt JR or the correct spelling Junior will ever take over HMS, he is his own man and has his own race team

LIKE :idea:
<<

Lady NASCAR

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:26 pm

Tinker wrote:Junior is a good guy and I'd rather he step away for the rest of the year than risk it. Just increase the level of respect I have for him.

I keep seeing people's nasty remarks about him not racing and doing other things like watching a preseason football game on his tablet. In my book, anyone who has issues with Junior's health being more important than racing isn't much of a Jr fan.

LIKE :idea:

Return to NASCAR & Racing