FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Eldora’s ‘Branson/Larson’ Races this Weekend

<<

peanut1439

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:41 am

4/05/11 • Categorized as USAC

INDIANAPOLIS — This weekend’s Coca-Cola Spring Classic’ at Tony Stewart’s Eldora Speedway includes the resumption of the 2011 AMSOIL USAC National Sprint Car Series as the ‘Don Branson/Jud Larson Classic’ returns to the half-mile dirt oval for its 31st running.

Honoring the memory of two of USAC’s all-time Sprint car greats, the two-night racing program includes UMP DIRTcar Modifieds (Saturday) and Stocks (Friday), with 30-lap Sprint car features each night.

Damion Gardner of Concord, Calif. enters the events with a 22-point lead over defending series champion Levi Jones, but Robert Ballou could be the one to beat, since he’s won two of the last four ‘Branson/Larson’ races, including last year. Other previous race winners expected to compete are Jerry Coons Jr. (2006 and 2009) and Tracy Hines (2001 and 2008).

The ‘Branson/Larson’ race dates back to 1981, when Dave Peperak was the winner.

Gardner won two of three races held in Florida in February, while Jon Stanbrough, USAC’s 2010 ‘Indiana Sprint Week’ king won the other one.

A special pre-race pit party is planned at Eldora Saturday. Anyone with a general admission ticket will be granted access into the infield pit area from 4:00 until 5:00 to get up close and personal with the drivers and check out the new team colors and graphics for the 2011 season.

USAC AMSOIL NATIONAL SPRINT CAR POINT STANDINGS
1-Damion Gardner-194; 2-Levi Jones-172; 3-Bryan Clauson-171; 4-Hunter Schuerenberg-160; 5-Jon Stanbrough-159; 6-Blake Fitzpatrick-145; 7-Bud Kaeding-137; 8-Bobby East-118; 9-Casey Riggs-115; 10-Scotty Weir-110
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

herbie14

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Eldora’s ‘Branson/Larson’ Races this Weekend

I hope their weather forecast looks better than mine. We are supposed to get rain all weekend, and we're about an hour west of Rossville.
" I've got a cooler full of Schlitz and I'm not gonna stop drinkin till I get to the bottom." - Tony Stewart

Herbie
<<

14SHRfan39

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Eldora’s ‘Branson/Larson’ Races this Weekend

Eldora is cancelled again due to weather....

http://www.eldoraspeedway.com/
J-
Eternal optimist with frequent bouts of pessimism...Yep that's me!

Return to NASCAR & Racing