FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hamlin's Missing Ingredient: Heart In Face of Disappointment

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:39 am

Hamlin's Missing Ingredient: Heart In Face of Disappointment

http://www.4ever3blog.com/2011/4/4/2089702/hamlins-missing-ingredient-heart-in-the-face-of-disappointment

I put this in a comment on the article but I'll put it here too, so nobody misunderstand what I'm trying to say.

Believe me, I am absolutely the last guy to ever say anyone should be happy with losing. They shouldn’t. They better not be, or they belong in another line of work and the fans that think that should find another sport to follow, or quit following sports altogether. That’s not at all the argument I’m trying to make. It’s like I said, if you’re gonna puff your chest out when you win, if that’s the image you’re gonna try to create, then you can’t look like it’s the end of the world every time something goes wrong if you want to be taken seriously.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:18 pm

Re: Hamlin's Missing Ingredient: Heart In Face of Disappoint

he said something interesting on trackside, when they showed the grandfather clock, denny said " my focus is on the clock." the dw asked about the sprint cup, and denny replied "oh i want that too."
its obvious he isnt focused on bein champion, its almost as he expect that to be handed to him.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

duffygoofy

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:25 pm

I agree with you MJ he did say that he wanted the clock.Why on earth would you say that ? Kevin Harvick at least says that he wants to beat JJ.
ImageImage
<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Mmmm... Interesting post. Never thought Hamlin suffered from lack of "heart" when he drives. Afterall, this is the guy who drive the week before his knee surgery and the week after--- and WON!

But that was last year.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:53 pm

tlmerk wrote:Mmmm... Interesting post. Never thought Hamlin suffered from lack of "heart" when he drives. Afterall, this is the guy who drive the week before his knee surgery and the week after--- and WON!

But that was last year.

I didn't say when he drives. I said when he loses. All these guys have heart when they're driving, the ones that are competitive.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:46 pm

last year had to wipe him out mentally, the pressure of the last two weeks got to him, and he needed to experience so when he is in that position again for a cup title he will understand what he has to do, i think that is what harvick experienced and now he is focused more, and this could be the yr he wins it all.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:25 pm

michaeljohn wrote:he said something interesting on trackside, when they showed the grandfather clock, denny said " my focus is on the clock." the dw asked about the sprint cup, and denny replied "oh i want that too."
its obvious he isnt focused on bein champion, its almost as he expect that to be handed to him.

that is simple. In Todays Nascar this is no reason to worry about the Championship right now. You would just burn yourself out. Worry about winning the clock & you earn bonus points when the season is reset. I think all the top teams in nascar are expecting to be in the Chase no matter what they say publicly. (even though there is more than ten top teams) Honestly I like the drivers CC's etc... expecting to be in the Chase. I dont think wearing your heart on your sleeve is a bad thing, just because we are used to drivers lying to us in public to say all the corp. & PC things, doesnt make showing true emotion a bad thing.

BTW I kinda wish they would stop calling the Chase the post season. They should call the 1st 26 races the Preseason, & the final 10 races the Season. (I cant stand the Effing Chase)
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:41 pm

^^^^ well when he was in the chase last year and on the verge of winning, he psyched himself out of the championship, he and mike ford thought they were hot stuff proclaiming themselves after texas, all denny does is choke himself out of WINNING, so go ahead focus on those race titles, i like a driver that looks at the big picture, dale sr did both, not a fan of his but he knew what the deal was and was able to accomplish the goal.
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Denny always seems to run hot or cold and he never seems to find a balance or gets too cocky.RCR has surprised me this year,thought after they found new sponsors and Kevin resigning and now Paul joining,they'd go back to running like crap again as past history.Kevin and JJ are good friends,but don't let that fool you,Kevin wants the same thing everyone else wants in the garage,to be the first to beat JJ for the championship.The record of titles and wins the #48 team has had the past five years or better,to beat them would be an achievement as they set the bar higher than it has ever been before.JJ isn't one of those drivers that appeals to me,what he's like as a person isn't really my bussiness but Kevin says he's a nice guy as do his peers.What it 's worth,like him or not,he is the man to beat and w/o the last cautions in the last two races,who knows where Kevin would have wound up,so i'm going to enjoy the lucky horse shoe while i can.lol
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:09 pm

tlmerk wrote:Mmmm... Interesting post. Never thought Hamlin suffered from lack of "heart" when he drives. Afterall, this is the guy who drive the week before his knee surgery and the week after--- and WON!

But that was last year.

Don't make me go there tlmerk,the knee boo boo,Dale Snr.broken sternum,much older and a #### of alot tougher.ha!ha! That was just one of the many injurys the Intiminator drove with,some Nascar didn't know about till oops,too late.
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:37 am

wolfgang wrote:Denny always seems to run hot or cold and he never seems to find a balance or gets too cocky.RCR has surprised me this year,thought after they found new sponsors and Kevin resigning and now Paul joining,they'd go back to running like crap again as past history.Kevin and JJ are good friends,but don't let that fool you,Kevin wants the same thing everyone else wants in the garage,to be the first to beat JJ for the championship.The record of titles and wins the #48 team has had the past five years or better,to beat them would be an achievement as they set the bar higher than it has ever been before.JJ isn't one of those drivers that appeals to me,what he's like as a person isn't really my bussiness but Kevin says he's a nice guy as do his peers.What it 's worth,like him or not,he is the man to beat and w/o the last cautions in the last two races,who knows where Kevin would have wound up,so i'm going to enjoy the lucky horse shoe while i can.lol

there a few drivers that are made to be a champion, in recent years, it has been gordon, stewart and johnson, i think harvick has turned that corner to be just that, i also believe kyle is on the verge of hitting his stride, im not one of those people that gets wrapped up in his truck wins or NW wins, they are meaningless when talking about the Sprint cup, it does bother me how a man that wins the last race of the year is favored to be champion, and that is never the case, maybe im slow, and i dont get it, but if your going to do something in life, ya want to be the best of them all, not the best of the week, 10 years from now no one is going to remember who won a clock, but they will remember who won the cup, whether johnson wins 6 or someone bumps him off

Return to NASCAR & Racing