FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trevor Bayne Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:07 am

Trevor Bayne Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis

I hate to see this for anybody. Best of luck, Trevor.

Former Daytona 500 winner Trevor Bayne, who is competing fulltime in NASCAR’s Nationwide Series this season, has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.

MS is an autoimmune disease that affects the brain and spinal cord that can produce a wide range of signs and symptoms including both physical and mental and varying in degree.

“I’ve never been more driven to compete,” Bayne said in a statement released Tuesday. “My goals are the same as they’ve been since I started racing. I want to compete at the highest level and I want to win races and championships. I am in the best shape I’ve ever been in and I feel good,” added Bayne.

“There are currently no symptoms and I’m committed to continuing to take the best care of my body as possible. I will continue to trust in God daily and know that His plan for me is what is best."

Bayne, who won the 2011 Daytona 500 while driving part-time for the Wood Brothers, was sidelined for over two months later that season with various symptoms, including nausea, fatigue and blurred vision.

Bayne began feeling better after he received treatment for Lyme, a bacterial infection spread through the bite of the black-legged tick. He missed several races while undergoing multiple tests last summer and doctors searched for a cause.

In January 2012, Bayne told reporters doctors believed he had contracted Lyme disease from an insect bite.

Bayne returned to racing in June 2011 after missing five races and won the Nationwide race at Texas Motor Speedway on Nov. 5 of that season.

Last season, Bayne ran partial schedules in both the Nationwide and Cup series. This year, he returned to a fulltime ride in Nationwide and with one race remaining this season, has one win, six top-five and 20 top-10 finishes and is sixth in the series standings.

Bayne, 22, has also made 11 Cup starts this season with the Wood Brothers with a best finish of 16th at Charlotte Motor Speedway in May.

:arrow: http://thatsracinluckydog.blogspot.com/ ... ayne.html#

:arrow: http://racing.ap.org/article/nascars-ba ... -sclerosis
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:21 am

Re: Trevor Bayne Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis

he should continue to compete, there is a goalie in the NHL who has MS, he did take a year off to get use to the meds, but this year he is on fire, one of the top goalies in the NHL his name is Josh Harding..
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:51 am

The treatment for MS has come a long way since my father had been diagnosed with it so many years ago. I'm sure Trevor has access to good doctors and will get superb care.

No matter what happens I wish him all the best.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

TishR

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:20 am

I really hated to hear this. Best of luck to Trevor, as we know modern medicine is evolving all the time and hopefully there will be a major break through for this young man.
Tish
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:26 am

Dancing with the Stars Jack Osborn has it also......I wish Trevor the very best. I think they are really looking into stem cell research for the possible cure.
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:36 am

Really sad to read this news today. I wish him only the best...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:29 pm

It breaks my heart to think Trevor has gone through so much already and has a future to face. This disease treats every patient different and I hope for the best for him. I was involved years ago with the MS patient group here in Lansing and got to know lots of the patients. It's amazing how some got close to cure but that hasn't been done yet. I've seen two of my close friends deal with MS and even getting a diagnosis was a battle. I just hope Trevor looks ar each day as a gift and enjoys every second of it.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Rachael J

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:55 pm

That is sad news. Sure hated to hear that. Trevor has strong faith and that will carry him through.
#ISupportSmoke
#SmokeHasRisen
<<

kim92164

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:39 am

Sad to hear this, he's in my prayers.
<<

futura64

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:45 pm

Intriguing, for sure if not down right scary. I've been connecting the dots on some internet searches on this stuff today. I'm sure Trevor has asked all these same questions, probably with no concrete answers, it seems from what he's said. I dare not post more than this.
BudmaninTx

Return to NASCAR & Racing