FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mark Martin feed up?

<<

ndunn

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:07 pm

Mark Martin feed up?

I was watching the video of Ryan "New or Old school" and on the side was a Tweeter piece from Mark Martin. Whoa he is feedup and doesn't understand the fans. Not many of Tony's fans understand him either. I'm not a Twitter account member so I don't know what this is all about. Perhaps a fellow Tweeter member could fill us in.............
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:20 pm

Re: Mark Martin feed up?

He's probably fed-up with all the grief he's been catching because of his HALF A$$ED, uninspired, pitiful performance.....All this is just an OPINION, but it should be painfully obvious to folks that watch racing for what it is and not who's driving which car.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:00 pm

ndunn wrote:I was watching the video of Ryan "New or Old school" and on the side was a Tweeter piece from Mark Martin. Whoa he is feedup and doesn't understand the fans. Not many of Tony's fans understand him either. I'm not a Twitter account member so I don't know what this is all about. Perhaps a fellow Tweeter member could fill us in.............

don't understand the post. Are you saying he was fed up with Ryan? What is he fed up with?
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:43 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:He's probably fed-up with all the grief he's been catching because of his HALF A$$ED, uninspired, pitiful performance.....All this is just an OPINION, but it should be painfully obvious to folks that watch racing for what it is and not who's driving which car.

EXACTLY....I can't even look at the 14 car anymore.....MM couldn't find his way out of a closet with an organized search party!! The only thing he should be driving is a steering wheel hooked up to his rocking chair....When you can't keep up with Danica.....It is the waste of a good car....SAD :( :( I feel sorry for the whole team.... :(

I CAN'T WAIT FOR DAYTONA....

Daytona 500

15 weeks
106 days
2549 hours
152956 minutes
9177403 seconds
until Sunday, February 23, 2014 (Daytona Beach time)

It is 15 weeks, 1 day, 5 hours, 16 minutes, 43 seconds
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
#Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:54 pm

Twitter lit up tonight - Mark won't be driving next year. Will be doing testing for SHR.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:02 pm

sure MM is a disappointment, but so is the 14 team, they gave tony junk cars all year, only thing that saved them was the skills tony has.
<<

Rachael J

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:43 pm

michaeljohn wrote:sure MM is a disappointment, but so is the 14 team, they gave tony junk cars all year, only thing that saved them was the skills tony has.

I agree!
#ISupportSmoke
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:46 pm

Adios Mark...it's been painful watching the 14 team under perform.

Having said that is anyone good with also waving goodbye to Addington after this year?
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:11 pm

"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:01 pm

I am not so sure about loosing Steve Addington. Tony knows what he needs in CC......if you replace Steve, I am not sure there is anyone else out there that would be a better fit for Tony. I think the Gen 6 car really put SHR in a bind with the lack of parts and to be fair, Steve and Tony just started getting things together, then the accident happened. That's a tough call....I'll let Zippy figure this one out..... :roll:
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
#Support Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:09 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
ndunn wrote:I was watching the video of Ryan "New or Old school" and on the side was a Tweeter piece from Mark Martin. Whoa he is feedup and doesn't understand the fans. Not many of Tony's fans understand him either. I'm not a Twitter account member so I don't know what this is all about. Perhaps a fellow Tweeter member could fill us in.............

don't understand the post. Are you saying he was fed up with Ryan? What is he fed up with?

The twitter post didn't explain what Mark meant. I don't belong to Twitter and that is why I asked if someone was a member to fill us in. Sporting News has an article regarding where he stands right now (Mark that is) but it's unoffical of what his plans are. In plain words Mark is not making any plans right at the moment. I didn't see anything where he mentioned Ryans name.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:10 pm

I hear you Annalee....just a lil food for thought considering all the swirling rumors.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:13 pm

Tony brought on this problem himself, it's obvious he fired the wrong c/c!
MM, don't care how he feels, how many times was he going to retire? The best chance for a championship was with the #5 team and he blew that! :roll:
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:33 pm

Sorry, but I don't think it's all MM. I think the team as a whole is a let-down. You can't tell me that any of them are trying as hard with MM's cars as they did with Tony. I think they all had it in their heads that the season was pretty much over and it's shown with all of their performances. Say what you want about MM, but we all know the team was crap all year. I'll bet no one is more disappointed in their performance than Mark. Other than Tony, that is. We'll see what happens during the off season...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:05 pm

Rochelle wrote:Sorry, but I don't think it's all MM. I think the team as a whole is a let-down. You can't tell me that any of them are trying as hard with MM's cars as they did with Tony. I think they all had it in their heads that the season was pretty much over and it's shown with all of their performances. Say what you want about MM, but we all know the team was crap all year. I'll bet no one is more disappointed in their performance than Mark. Other than Tony, that is. We'll see what happens during the off season...

I have to disagree. The 14 pit crew has ripped off some very good times for Martin & Austin. So they didn't give up. if you actually think they are building lesser cars for Martin than they are for any of the other SHR drivers then fire the whole lot. Those in the shop are professionals. Now yes SHR is behind the other teams in my opinion. But they aren't making the cars worse because of Martin. The only ones that can get everything out of these dogs of a car Are Ryan & Tony. Martin simply put isn't as good a driver as they are. martin has by far the best pit crew SHR has to offer, & the way these races plays out that should be a huge advantage over his SHR teammates. But Ryan seems to always be way ahead of him & even Danica gives him a run for his money. I saw it earlier in the year when he was with the 55. His reflexes has slowed. I referenced it too a boxer suddenly getting old in the middle of a fight before. I believe this is what happened to Mark. You cant blame the crew, because the 14 crew is the best SHR has. You cant blame the shop because they all get their cars from the same shop. You can blame what Mark brings to the table as a driver. Also one other note. He is suppose to be a R&D driver for SHR. I would rethink this idea. & for Danica fans. As cool as it sounded originally. I wouldn't want him mentoring her either. You should hope for a mentor that has a good feel for this new car.
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing