FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

harvick apologized

<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:18 am

harvick apologized

UPDATE: Kevin Harvick apologized for his comments about teammate Ty Dillon during Sunday's NASCAR RACEDAY on FOX Sports 1. Harvick spoke to hosts John Roberts, Kyle Petty and Larry McReynolds.
What made you angry in yesterday's incident? "I think there was just a lot of emotion involved. I hate it for everybody at RCR. You go back and look at the things that happened, and sometimes you regret the things that you say for sure. Yesterday was definitely one of them. I hate it for my guys, and everybody working on the cars. Obviously, when those emotional situations come about; you say things that you really don't want to say. I just want to apologize to all of those guys, work hard today and try and do everything we can to win the race.
Were these comments a result of the frustration and the pressure? "I think yesterday was just some frustration on how the race ended. You never want to be in a situation like were in, and obviously, the short-track racing and everything that happened, you try to do the right things, and yesterday I didn't do the right thing. We just have to do what we have to do today to put ourselves in a position to be as successful as we can."
Have you had a conversation with Ty Dillon? "No. I think it's best for all of us to just cool down and have a sensible conversation about things that are going. I wish that's what I would have done yesterday. It's one of those situations that you don't want to be a part of, but I don't have anybody else to blame but myself." (Fox Sports PR)(10-27-2013)
UPDATE 2: Richard Childress fiercely defended his two grandsons Sunday morning, a day after Childress driver Kevin Harvick called Ty Dillon "a punk-#### kid" after they wrecked at Martinsville Speedway. Harvick's job might be safe but the relationship with Childress, the owner of Richard Childress Racing, soured after he called Childress' grandsons Austin and Ty Dillon spoiled "punks" and "rich kids" following Saturday's race. "What happened on the track was one thing," Childress said, "but the comments afterwards is where I'm really upset. I'll never apologize for giving my grandsons an opportunity, just like the France family, the Earnhardt family, the Wood brothers. You go down the list of the people that have been given opportunities. All of them didn't make it. You've got to go out and earn what you've got, the opportunity in life to succeed. And these boys earned it." Childress, who talked with Harvick on Sunday morning, said he is committed to Harvick and the team sponsors for the final four races of the season. "We're going to give him everything humanly possible to win that championship," Childress said. "I'm committed to him for four more races, just like I committed to him the day that he said he was leaving. I shook his hand and committed I'd give him 100 percent, and I'm going to do it. But I'm not going to be backed into a corner."

this is why i never liked kevin, he shoots his mouth of and calls it "the heat of the moment." he is just a big mouth that will never be a cup champion.
for him to call out the Dillon kids was b.s. any parent or grandparent will do anything to make their kids life easy and kevin will do the same thing for his son in whatever his son tries to do, Chilly gave kevin a great ride and all kevin does is disrespect Chilly lets see if he can keep his mouth shut when something goes wrong at SHR..
<<

racer1

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:37 am

Re: harvick apologized

Harvick wasnt wrong about the Dillons being spoiled rich kids as they are. That however has little to do with the fact they are good young talents but they should be growing up with a nascar bloodline and pedigree of the name Childress so one would expect them to be good?. :roll:
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:55 am

Childress is probably right about the boys except for one thing and that is the fact they are under the glove of a rich guy. Lucky them and I don't believe for one second that they ever will be watched as closley as another driver would be. It's family and everyone knows how that goes. Kevin wasn't right about the rant but come on was he the first to ever run off at the mouth? Of course not. Tye came back with a few zingers so it looks like they were even. Wasn't it Richard that did the dramatic with the watch and a slap around with Kyle Busch? So when the shoe was on the other foot who got the garbage?
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

dirt93

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:11 pm

They are rich kids but I do think they can at least drive. I think Grandad actually told Ty not to hold back so I don't see why he would be mad that it caused a fight with another driver. That would be the logical outcome of beatin' and bangin' in my book. Other drivers tend to get mad when you hit them.

Also.... You can't tell me Kevin wouldn't do exactly the same thing for his kids.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:39 pm

Think if you talk to Elliott Sadler I think you might wanna side with Harvick and if you think Ryan is gonna be any better off at RCR guess again!
i'm sure no other driver in Nascar has ever said anything they regret after the fact in the heat of the moment. :shock: The one thing I will say, i find Kevin amusing and it beats the #### out of car pointers who follow the guide lines. Yep, Tony, Kurt and Kevin, can't wait till next year! :lol: :lol:
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:19 am

I like Ty but Austin is a punk-a$$. He wears that big cowboy hat trying to keep his ego in check. No doubt they're talented but shouldn't they be? They've had every advantage that so many kids would never dream of. I'd say more power to them, but keep the ego in check... It really isn't attractive, rather like the cowboy hats... :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:42 pm

NASCAR has penalized Richard Childress Racing’s #3 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team following last Saturday’s race at Martinsville Speedway.

The infractions occurred during the closing laps of Saturday’s Camping World Truck Series race at Martinsville Speedway when, while on pit road, a #3 team crew member threw what appeared to have been a hammer at the #14 truck driven by Kevin Harvick.

As a result of the violations, #3 crew chief Paul Richmond has been fined $10,000 and the crew member Adam Brown has been indefinitely suspended from NASCAR.

The way I see it, Harvick now gets an apology from Childress, Dillon, Richmond, and Brown...yea like any of this will ever happen.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:15 pm

Childress is the one who ran his mouth which in turn got both drivers going even further. :shock
Richard is losing it as he gets older I think. :?
Then again, so am I ! :lol:

Return to NASCAR & Racing